• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Story "Too Small"?

ObdurateMARio

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if I'm the only wierd Marth that doesn't love Yoshi's. I know that we get free plat tippers like crazy, but I always feel like I don't have enough space to move around on Yoshi's. Especially in the Falcon matchup, I always lose on Yoshi's and win on FD/DL64. Any tips to help fight that feeling of claustrophobia?

Maybe I just want to move around too much, but I feel like movement is one of, if not Marth's biggest strength, and on Yoshi's I feel like I can't take advantage of that.

seko08sk

Smash Cadet
Beside It being your preference id say just go to yoshis in training mode and move around the map get comfortable with it
Thats how i get myself used to all the stages i practice movement on all stages and get to really know my spacings there

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Marth's strength on Yoshi's Story is in his ability to control space more than his ability to move around in it. Focus less on moving around and more on swinging your sword effectively. If you feel you can't move when you want to, develop your other offensive/defensive options so the claustrophobia isn't hindering you.
Also the above advice is good to keep at to be your comfort and awareness with the stage.

ObdurateMARio

Smash Apprentice
OK guys, thanks. I think maybe I'm trying to do that captain falcon thing where you just move around super fast a lot to create opening. Maybe I need to slow down and not just be pushing a buttload of buttons.

Top Bottom