• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshis longstanding rival, Kamek for Dlc

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
when people think of villain for DLC King.K.rool and Ridley come to mind but I would rather have The king of the Koopas Dad, Kamek . Why you may ask there are many things that go in his favor
Pros
1. He is a villain. Smash doesn't have a ton of villains as we all know, and Kamek could fill that spot well
2. He would be the 2nd Yoshi character . We need that badly and Baby Mario would be cool I don't see him happening
3. He uses magic. I am not sure but Robin is the only Magic user (not even a mii mage )
4. Unlike another highly requested villain. Kamek is in rather recent games like NSMBU, Mario and Luigi, Yoshis new island and almost definitely Yoshis woolly world
5. He could do a Olimar and 4 of his alternate costumes could be Kammy from the first 2 paper Marios.

Now we come to the one thing that hinders him . Being in smash run and Mushroom Kingdom U . Its easily fixable by just making the magikoopa yellow if Kameks in play.
also he has a good attack pool including teleportation, size changing, creating clones etc. it wont be undoable to make him playable and with the upcoming Yoshi game it could help promotion for it

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Hmmm... nope.
There are much more and better choices for newcomers, and even IF we were to get another Mario character -which already are more than plenty- it should be Waluigi (more popular, more significant, has been requested a long time ago, etc).

Kamek barely makes it out of the "generic enemy" pool (goombas, lakitu, etc), but does neither have enough personality, nor popularity to make it as his own character.
Heck, even Shy Guy would have better chances. (And he already is extremely unlikely)

The only things that speak for him are his potential move-set (which is a moot point because it could be said for ANY character to be honest) and the fact he ALMOST made it as a playable Mario Kart character. (Even if he did, it wouldn't warrant a place in the Smash roster)

Also, he is not "The king of the Koopas Dad" (I don't know where you got that), and in no way a better choice over said villains like K.Rool and Ridley.

Sorry, but Kameks gets a solid NO.

Top Bottom