• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Disco(rd) Dance Floor

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
https://discord.gg/0i9JOJ7J8iBa5eHX

Infinite Discord thing.
Alright so you guys know that post that's like 5 or so up there? Disregard some of it, anybody can join. Discord is such a huge thing now it's overtaken skype completely. We already passed 100+ in the Yoshi discord so join if you feel like it.
Still a more serious and maintained server with all the best Yoshi mains there willing to give advice whenever.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's your Christmas present guys.

Due to a lot of people suggesting and wanting to move on from Skype to Discord, and the fact it's apparently the hottest chat to move onto right now.
I finally present to the Yoshi mains our very own

...No wait that's not right

The Big Switch from Skype to Discord

I mean I don't either, but at the same time Skype is kinda bad to use.

Some say they refuse to use Discord and stick with Skype, or don't wanna just because it'll split the group. Kinda true but what's stopping them from having both open? I'll most likely keep both open and talk in both.

For some reasonings to switch or why the switch
  • Again the hottest trend and chat app to use.
  • Skype lags computers with the literal millions of RAM it takes up.
  • Lag between messages sometimes, I used to not get whole hours of long convos for an entire day, sometimes not until days have passed a year or two back
  • Better use on mobile than Skype.
  • Voice chat can be clicked whenever instead of possibly disturbing others with a call attempt by clicking #General.
  • Can have different rooms in one group if people wanna post epic maymays to people discussing on the roundtable about Bayonetta vs Yoshi
  • No ads where you have a gigantic white space on the side of your skype where an obvious ad would be if it wasn't disabled.
  • Can add as many people as you want to be admin or regular members along with if anyone can get in or admin only permission. (I like this)
  • More channels means more tightly focused discussion on one thing, and if more talk is needed we can basically make new "threads" in the group to do so.
  • Skype Laaaaaaaaaaaaaag
If more reasons needed, go onto the Discord site to read up and download it. If you wanna stay on Skype still, you're free to do so. It'll have less people anyways after the purge and that means no flooded chat and possibly less lag.

Another one of the big problems with the Skype chat was our members used to be around the 35 range at the end of brawl, than once Smash 4 was announced back in 2014 more people (that weren't even Yoshi mains) asked to get in and people just added them regardless to the point we now have 85+ people.
We even made probably our 5th or 6th new Yoshi Skype group now cause our old ones used to break and make it incapable of getting messages for hours due to lag.

Other Skype problems being it was laggy for some to the point they never got on (Delta and I kinda) or Skype just never worked. For me it was not showing names right even when added, images vids etc. wouldn't show unless I pulled out my phone to see them, and avatars of friends were outdated too. Pretty sure there were others that had one of those problems happen to them.

RRUUUURRRRRRRuuuuuules
I'm a pretty lax guy so the rules should be pretty simple.
  • No NSFW images. Go do that somewhere else.
  • Activity would be nice if you're asking to be in.
  • Don't start flame wars or arguments that get too heated. Admins/Mods speaking up telling you to stop should be a good indicator to calm down.
  • Breaking rules multiple times obviously means kicked from Discord, if you're somehow in again than you and the person that added you is out.

Enjoy and such. Post in here to discuss about all this, more rules possibly etc.

Last edited:

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
Me likey. I'll have to check out this app when I get home and see what it's all about. I'd like to be in it at least for discussion purposes when we want to talk about kewl stuff Yoshi can do.

WalrusBiscuit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalrusBiscuit
This would be great tbh. Its way smoother to msg someone on discord than it is on Skype.

Hydrobyte

~ If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me ~
NNID
Hydrabyte
I'd definitely be down for this. I'd love to have a community of Yoshi players where I can share info and findings with.

AcePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
UltimaPikachu
3DS FC
4270-1808-1129
Can't wait did this to start! I don't know others Yoshi's to discuss with. :( (except like 2)

D

Deleted member

Is the server open right now? If so, may I have an invite?

YoshiBro1

Smash Rookie
NNID
YoshiBro1
3DS FC
3153-5058-8043
May I too have an invite as well? Once open

Strykrr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Strykrr
3DS FC
3110-5299-9953
Finally you guys are moving to discord :). I wouldn't participate before because i only use discord for communication myself, and i completely uninstalled skype. Shoot me an invite when it opens.

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
Very interested in joining this, it would be great to have a place where I can communicate with other Yoshi mains to develop our meta.

Fuzzio

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3995-6678-6272
I'll request an invite as well. It'll be nice to use while watching Genesis 3.

tigerharvest

Smash Rookie
How can I be added to the group? I'm always looking for people (especially yoshi's to learn and train with :p

V23

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yvesdev

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Thing is I don't want a million random people in the Discord, I want actual Yoshi mains and ones that either want to get better with him or willing to help with MU discussion once the last patch hits and snoreboreds possibly starts adding 1-3 outsiders for whatever character and starts working on stuff like tier lists.

Verdigris

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vertdegris
Hello, I'm new to Smashboards but I would love to join the Yoshi Discord !

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
Bit late, and probably won't spend much time. But is there room for one more?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
https://discord.gg/0i9JOJ7J8iBa5eHX

Infinite Discord thing.
Alright so you guys know that post that's like 5 or so up there? Disregard some of it, anybody can join. Discord is such a huge thing now it's overtaken skype completely. We already passed 100+ in the Yoshi discord so join if you feel like it.
Still a more serious and maintained server with all the best Yoshi mains there willing to give advice whenever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom