• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi 's can short hop in into down B.

Zmac122

Smash Cadet
This short hop into down B was a mis-input that I did and it raised some yoshmiester questions with my buddies and I. Is this at all applicable? Does it do less damage since it is so low to the ground? Is there any possible combos into it?Overall I just want some feedback. Haven't tested too much of it on my own. Nor have I used it successfully in a match. I just want some friendly theory crafting from my yoshi boys. First time poster here.

100AngryTurtles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AngryTurtles
Unless you use down b from about battlefield platform height, the only damage it does is from the stars. Unfortunately it's too unsafe to really every use

Zmac122

Smash Cadet
Thank you. I was thinking it could be a cool or fancy ledge get up read.

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
it had its main use back when customs were a thing; yoshi could use it to throw out those custom downb stars that were really big.

nowadays i'm pretty sure the only place for it to be used is on slanted surfaces; if you downb immediately out of shorthop, you get a lot of momentum that makes you slide along the ground. (i'm not really sure why it doesnt work from higher up the the air)

but even in that case, it's more flashy than practical...

Last edited:
Top Bottom