• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi: Final Smash - <Super Dragon>

khold

Smash Apprentice
I was a little confused at first then BOOM, oh yeah, Super Mario World.

Very nice.

Hong

The Strongest
The fire breath is also from Super Mario World 2 when Yoshi eats a red warermelon. The one we see seems more similar to that one. At least to me.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Yoshi's FS is ****ing awesome, this is much better than a Yoshi stampede.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I like it especially because they're incorporating aspects of characters into their FS.

I'm just worried that certain FS's are really powerful while others aren't. eg. compare Mario's to DK's.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
yoshi rocks this is perfect. i was so pissed when i saw a music update but i happend to scroll down and BAM my mind was blown ahaha, yoshi's one of my mains in melee and im pretty **** sure hell be one of my mains in brawl

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Wow nice.

Btw: Yoshi gets wings when he has a blue shell in his mouth. And he spits fire when he has a red shell in his mouth.

As blue yoshi, everyshell makes him fly, and if he eats a red shell he'll spit fire when he spits it out.

As red yoshi, every shell he spits out is fire, but he still gains the powers of the shell colors. For example, if he gets a blue shell he'll fly, then spit it out as fire, or a yellow shell he'll have a heavy stomp, and spit it out as fire.

Get it?

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Whoa. That was a real WTF?! update. I didn't even notice it until I revisited the site.
:yoshi:
I love Yoshi even more now. Wings and fire ftw!

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
You youngsters...

You don't remember that if one of the "naked" koopas jumped back into an empty yellow shell in SMW, the shell encompasses all three powers from the blue, red, and yellow shells? (This was indicated by the yellow shell flashing (the koopa inside was invincible, so only Yoshi or an invincible Mario could stop it) and rotating through all three colors.)

I bet Yoshi's FS represents this rare occurance in SMW, so I'm confident either Yoshi simply landing on the ground will cause an earthquake or his Down-B while in this state will cause an earthquake - it would be silly to leave out the Yellow Shell special ability if we know he already has both Red and Blue abilities...

~Old Man Nintendo

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
You youngsters...

You don't remember that if one of the "naked" koopas jumped back into an empty yellow shell in SMW, the shell encompasses all three powers from the blue, red, and yellow shells? (This was indicated by the yellow shell flashing (the koopa inside was invincible, so only Yoshi or an invincible Mario could stop it) and rotating through all three colors.)

I bet Yoshi's FS represents this rare occurance in SMW, so I'm confident either Yoshi simply landing on the ground will cause an earthquake or his Down-B while in this state will cause an earthquake - it would be silly to leave out the Yellow Shell special ability if we know he already has both Red and Blue abilities...

~Old Man Nintendo
I'm in total agreement, here.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
I like his final smash. it brings back memories. but what the heck is this? my eyes arent good today lol.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
So he got the wings (blue shell/purple Yoshi) and fireballs (Red shell/Red yoshi) from SMW. Think he gets the earthquake stomp (Yellow Shell/yellow yoshi) too?
I sure hope so. It's like the Holy Trinity - the three special powers of the Yoshi. You shouldn't have two without the third :)

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I'm amazed how little you people know about SMW. Any color Yoshi can fly or spit fire or stomp the ground, but the special colored Yoshis (Red, Blue, Yellow) retain their special power no matter what color shell they eat, in addition to the power of the shell. So a Blue Yoshi, whose innate power is flight can eat a Red shell and spit fire while flying. Red Yoshi, whose power is flame, can eat a Yellow Shell and stomp the ground while shooting fire. A Yellow Yoshi, whose power is stomping, can eat a Blue Shell and stomp after flying.

There is no purple, I don't know where you got that idea.

fatmactk

Smash Journeyman
I'm amazed how little you people know about SMW. Any color Yoshi can fly or spit fire or stomp the ground, but the special colored Yoshis (Red, Blue, Yellow) retain their special power no matter what color shell they eat, in addition to the power of the shell. So a Blue Yoshi, whose innate power is flight can eat a Red shell and spit fire while flying. Red Yoshi, whose power is flame, can eat a Yellow Shell and stomp the ground while shooting fire. A Yellow Yoshi, whose power is stomping, can eat a Blue Shell and stomp after flying.

There is no purple, I don't know where you got that idea.
Thank You! You kids need to go old school! Ya'll are missing out.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
yeah this awesome i remenbered rigth away these ability came from SMW since is my favorite 2d mario plafomer

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
It's possible that those that mentioned the purple Yoshi may be thinking of Yoshi's Story for the N64, which introduced all the other color varieties that we've seen in recent years, including pink and I think orange. However, those Yoshi's didn't have any special abilities that made them stand out as purple or orange...

Xanderous and fatmactk, we're all on the same page about the old school abilities that Yoshi is now getting back from the SMW days, which I'm very happy about. Don't forget about the flashing yellow shell though (I mention this in my first post here on page 4, towards the bottom). :)

~Old Man Nintendo

EDIT EDIT: If you never played SMW, buy it on the Virtual Console and play it! You have no excuse now! :p

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
all i have to say is wow...i didnt really think that yoshi would get a fs like this. its neat that they decided to use his super mario world power-ups, although they altered it just a bit hah. now my yoshi can burninate the competition just like trogdorrr

3GOD

Smash Ace
I like his final smash. it brings back memories. but what the heck is this? my eyes arent good today lol.

I have been trying to figure this out as well. I'm pretty sure it's not Link or Ike, but it seems that whoever it is has a staff/sword. Is that bluish/purple thing part of the sword hilt or part of the character/assist trophy?

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
The blue part is clearly the hilt of the Master Sword. So, as someone said before, it can only be Link, even though his body is completely hidden by fiery doom.

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
I have been trying to figure this out as well. I'm pretty sure it's not Link or Ike, but it seems that whoever it is has a staff/sword. Is that bluish/purple thing part of the sword hilt or part of the character/assist trophy?
it Link OMG .....

I like the wing of yoshi yeyyy they are very cool I love it !!!!

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Mmm seems that Sakurai's team ideas ran off in the moment of yoshi's final smash lol....

SmashBros.com said:
Yoshi: Final Smash <Super Dragon>
C'mon angel wings? isn't it says Super Dragon?? Pit is a dragon too??? HA ha.

A better idea should be the egg throwing thing with other type of eggs that do more damage for example (aiming like in the yoshi's story game).

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Omg... so much to say about this update. I didn't even scroll down, so when I saw the topic I was very confused.

I absolutely LOVE this update. I've been wanting Yoshi to breathe fire ever since Melee when I thought he was going to be able to eat shells (still hoping for that to happen in Brawl), but I never saw this coming. I was in favor of the stampede as well, but this is MUCH better and nostalgic. I've played through SMW countless times on my emulator; it's a classic. I do hope that Yoshi makes some kind of quake when he lands though. He needs the whole triple threat if they're going this route.

Still..... AWESOME update.

Top Bottom