• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yo. I'm new(ish).

Ravus_Ursus

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RavusUrsus
Hello!

I am rather new here. I joined June 19th but I have been into the smash scene for a while now. My life never allowed me to travel anywhere sadly. However, now that I am an adult, I am hoping that that will change soon!

General: I am a rather skilled artist and musician. I have not gotten around to making profit off of it yet but that will come soon (hopefully :p ). I am a full-time student studying business management. I am currently an intern/secretary for my father's business. I plan on inheriting the rights when I get my degree! I enjoy almost ALL forms of geekdom. Games, comics, anime, LARPing, etc. (you get the idea).

Smash 64: Was never that good at it. At the time, I just enjoyed the characters and playing as them. I am pretty good at it now, but my controller is ancient and inputs are a pain.

Melee: This was my first and favorite GC game. I absolutely LOVED it! I was rather arrogant at the time and I was pretty good (in comparison to my friends). My brother hated playing with me. He spent all his time getting mad at me while I spent my time, trying to make him madder. This, in turn, made me a better player. Out of all the characters, Dr. Mario's theme song was the most catchy. His pills, his throws, his aerials... My brother hated it all. Dr. Mario was INSTANTLY my favorite character (I was kind of a jerk as a kid :awesome:). I grew to love the character for his potential as well. The facte that my brother hated it was just a plus :p

Brawl: It took me a while to get into Brawl. I enjoyed it but I didn't own it, I couldn't buy it, and it wasn't as fun as Melee IMO. One night, however, I was invited to a get-together at a friend's house to play video games and hang out. Naturally, I accepted the invitation and went. When I got there, they were playing Brawl. I knew the game and I hadn't played in a while so I decided to play a round. I won by a huge margin. They were surprised at my ability to play and started a Tourney. With a little difficulty against their best, I won with Ike. Although it wasn't as intense as Melee, I still enjoyed winning ;)

Project M: Brawl was fun and I was pretty good at it. But, for some reason, it felt lacking. It seemed like it was missing something. I hated that being aggressive was extremely punishable. I hated that camping was like the only possible gameplay. I didn't enjoy the imbalance in a lot of the aspects... That's when I heard about Project M. My friend told me that it was "...basically Brawl with Melee physics." It sounded too good to be true. And to be honest, I was kinda conditioned for Brawl at the time, so I thought it was going to be terrible. Skeptically, I accepted his offer to play. He destroyed me with Bowser. From then on I was in love. I was so hyped from that round that I played all night! I found that everything that I was looking for in brawl was there! (and then some!). I quickly became one of the best out of my friends and I started showing them things that I discovered. This lead to us meeting up weekly and starting our small crew.

Now: Me, FOPY (we are friends now :grin:), Siren, and SuperSprout are now a small crew (no name yet). We are seeking help from anyone we can and are planning on travelling as a group at some point in time. We are nowhere NEAR proffesional (yet), but we have fun and we are constantly learning!

Please don't hesitate to talk to us! We joined so that we could enjoy ourselves and make friends who love the same game we do. Thanks for reading!

D

Deleted member

Welcome to SmashBoards! Hope you enjoy the forums.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Pretty nice intro Ravus. I enjoy stories :) Nice to know that you're really fond of PM also. What character(s) do you use?

Ravus_Ursus

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RavusUrsus
Thanks! :D I enjoyed living it X)

In PM, I use Mario (with the Doc skin of course). I have found that I really enjoy playing with DK too. His grabs are awesome! I play with a lot of other characters but those are my two faves :p

I would ask the same question but I am assuming you use Ganon? :)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You are correct with your assumption. I wonder what gave it away...maybe the Ganondorf icons for Melee & PM? The avatar? The signature? I'll never know :troll:

But in actuality, I don't use Ganondorf. I use the controller and try to influence some of his actions. For the most part, Ganondorf does whatever he wants to do.

Ravus_Ursus

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RavusUrsus
HAH. I legitimately laughed out loud at that :laugh:.

Hmmm. I like the way you think. I guess I would say that I do the same. Except for the fact that my characters don't always do what I want them to...

Me: -inputs wavedash-

Doc: -Air dodges off of the stage-

Hokori

Great King of Evil
That's a tech-error that everyone has experienced. In my case, Ganondorf always wants to take stocks in the most degrading way. For example...I see that someone is free-falling after their recovery move during a failed attempt to make it back to the ledge/stage...I want to just let them fall, and maybe taunt at most, but Ganondorf wants things his way, so instead, I jump off the stage and stomp them to speed up the process of their inevitable death.

I swear I'm a good person.

Ravus_Ursus

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RavusUrsus
Heh heh. How true that is. I saw someone lose a match because of that the other day.

Wow. That's brutal. But, you can't be too mad at him; That's the only way Ganondorf knows how to fight. Ruthlessly.

-insert Ganon laugh here-

Btw, what is your favorite Ganondorf costume design? Twilight Princess? Wind Waker? Ocarina?

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
:4yoshi: Welcome to Smashboards! :4yoshi:

Imagine if Ganondorf had WW's design in the new smash O: that would be pretty cool~

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I appreciate your understanding.

And it's hard for me to say honestly. I'd love it if they included an Alt Costume for each design though. Wouldn't surprise me to at least see one of those designs included. I'm expecting Twilight Princess to be the default of course, with OoT as the most likely for a costume.

Ravus_Ursus

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RavusUrsus
Thank you! :grin: I feel very welcome

I completely agree! That would be rather awesome. I always thought it would be cool if he used his sword y'know? Like maybe integrate it with his current move set in some way. Maybe... But yeah they will probably stick with either twilight princess or they might give him a new design based off of hyrule warriors. they recently confirmed him for that

Hokori

Great King of Evil
It would mean the world to me if Ganon had swordplay in his moveset for the upcoming games. Certain moves I'd like see retained, such as his Flame Choke and Thunder Stomp.

Ganondorf hasn't exactly been confirmed as a playable character for Hyrule Warriors (extremely excited to watch the Direct on Monday though) just yet. It is confirmed that he will appear in the game though. We'll see. There's a chance some Ganondorf official artwork may become my new avatar for awhile :)

Ravus_Ursus

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RavusUrsus
Yeah, I really do like the idea. Like, his tilts maybe? Or his f-smash? Just speculation...

I am rather excited too! And yeah, that is what I meant. His existence was confirmed :p Omg yes, his art as your ava would be awesome :D

Hokori

Great King of Evil
All of his Smash Attacks are similar to Falcon's, so some new ones would be nice. Tilts, the Spartan (300) Kick/F-Tilt can stay since I love it. Doesn't really bother me if they switch up the others.

But yup, we could be finding out tomorrow! If I really like it, I'll switch. I need it to be pretty awesome for me to willingly replace my current one.

Ravus_Ursus

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RavusUrsus
That makes sense. Yeah I agree. And as a Ganon main, what do your combos revolve around? I mean what do use the most?

Also, did you see it yet!? I thought his swords were pretty sweet.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Varies depending on percent/character. Low-percents I can do things like Aerial Sibe-B > Jab > F-Tilt/D-Tilt...D-Throw > U-Air/F-Air/B-Air (a lot honestly). I could keep going on, it just depends on percent, character, and situations.

And of course I saw it! I got so hype for Ganondorf :love:

Top Bottom