• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YL's Infinite Sword Glow Pack V7

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey guys! This mod takes the normal sword glow from character's swords when they do an attack and keeps it on forever for an aesthetic look. This applies to Ike, Marth, Roy, Link, and Toon Link. It doesn't affect any 3.02 movesets and is completely for visual look. This pack took about 30 hours to complete and about half of that was fixing bugs with glows being on or off when they shouldn't be. Please use this thread to post any and all bugs/requests. If you use this in your build please credit me for this. Thanks.

To install put each Fit(charname).pac into projectm/pf/(charname) and replace the one that is currently in there. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD V7 HERE

Ike

Marth

Roy

Link

Toon Link

DOWNLOAD V7 HERE

Current bugs:
  • Sword glow persists while being put into an egg by Yoshi's neutral b and during his dthrow
  • Some of Roy's Saki trail is not present during dsmash and up b
  • Marth's sword glow doesn't fully cover his sword (this is Brawl's fault, it's like that normally)

Changelog:
V7
  • Various small bug fixes

V6
  • Link and Toon Link sword glow disabled on taunts with no sword

V5
  • Sword glow no longer persists during Kirby's inhale and persists when released from inhale/interrupted from inhale
  • Marth's sword glow now properly turns off when in shield/rolling/spot dodging as he puts his sword away and turns back on when he pulls it out
  • Marth's sword properly glows at the end of shieldbreaker

V1-4
  • All characters working with no crashes/freezes
  • Link and Toon Link now have proper sword glow when using bow/boomerang and work properly when interrupted
  • Ike's 2nd hit of dsmash and up b now have proper sword glows

*get hype for my custom build coming soon*

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
this is awesome man! you should make a turbo mode video featuring 4 of these characters for a demo! Trails everywhere

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Adding to my build now!

EDIT: Why are there so many folders when I downloaded it? Like V6-2, V6-2 etc. Did I hit the download too many times? Are they different colours?

Last edited:

Meecrob

Smash Rookie
Awesome! I was searching for a tutorial or something to do this infinite sword glow thing.
Would you tell us how exactly you did that and maybe how to change the colors (or which number stands for which colour)?
I hope there is a general code, so that I don't have to change everything in the PSA.

/edit: Or is there a way to copy/switch codes while having 2 PSA windows open at once? I would like to add the glowing sword effects to my custom Marth, if it's okay.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Awesome! I was searching for a tutorial or something to do this infinite sword glow thing.
Would you tell us how exactly you did that and maybe how to change the colors (or which number stands for which colour)?
I hope there is a general code, so that I don't have to change everything in the PSA.
To change the color you'd need to in PSA->Subactions->GFX and adjust hue accordingly for each action that has a sword glow call. Also you'd have to modify the graphicID's in brawlbox for the sword trace. Idk how to do any of that :S

Y-L

Smash Champion
I see.. Sword glowing is a *****.
Wanted to mix it with these PSA's http://smashboards.com/threads/mele...hings-happened-beta-version-available.335236/
But I guess I have to wait then for a general gct. or something.
So you want sword glow on the melee models? This would be possible. Open both FitChar.pac (sword glow) and MeleeFitChar.pac in PSA and go to subactions - > GFX and first remove all sword glow and terminate sword glow actions from the Melee version. Then put in all the sword glow and terminate sword glow actions such that it matches the sword glow version.

Meecrob

Smash Rookie
So you want sword glow on the melee models? This would be possible. Open both FitChar.pac (sword glow) and MeleeFitChar.pac in PSA and go to subactions - > GFX and first remove all sword glow and terminate sword glow actions from the Melee version. Then put in all the sword glow and terminate sword glow actions such that it matches the sword glow version.
Wow, it didn't took thaat long to do it for Marth.
Now all we need is a kind of PSA where the glow affects his attacks or kind of that. But I really don't know much about PSA yet.
Let me guess, your custom build which is coming soon is something like this? Would be pretty cool. :smirk:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Wow, it didn't took thaat long to do it for Marth.
Now all we need is a kind of PSA where the glow affects his attacks or kind of that. But I really don't know much about PSA yet.
Let me guess, your custom build which is coming soon is something like this? Would be pretty cool. :smirk:
What do you mean by his glow affecting his attacks?

Meecrob

Smash Rookie
Things like stronger attacks or something like Lucario has in Project M.
However, I just found out how to change the color of Marth's glow.
Sword Glow > Parameter: Color > Red 0000001A / Green 0000001B / Purple 0000001C
seems like 0000001D doesn't work. /edit: If you try some more and find a new color, please tell me. I am really looking forward to use all.

Tried it on Ike's Wait1 Sub Action, but it doesn't work well. You can only see the changed color for like a few frames, if you wait.

I will give Marth now a purple glow for all of his Sub Actions to see if it works well.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Things like stronger attacks or something like Lucario has in Project M.
However, I just found out how to change the color of Marth's glow.
Sword Glow > Parameter: Color > Red 0000001A / Green 0000001B / Purple 0000001C
seems like 0000001D doesn't work. /edit: If you try some more and find a new color, please tell me. I am really looking forward to use all.

Tried it on Ike's Wait1 Sub Action, but it doesn't work well. You can only see the changed color for like a few frames, if you wait.

I will give Marth now a purple glow for all of his Sub Actions to see if it works well.
I would never change a character's moveset/damage output, so that will not be going in my build. Try changing the hue of the sword glow for all of the subactions.

Meecrob

Smash Rookie
I just did it for Marth, with the alternative costume code. So he has now a Red Sword Glow for his Red costume (FitMarth01), Purple for his other costume etc.
And after I changed Ike's Wait1 sword glow color to purple (1C), all of his sword traces are purple. But not his glow at all. This is really weird..
/edit: Only if Ike fights against Marth. Interesting. Seems like he is able to use Marths .pac colors then..

Hm. Do you know how to make the glow hue of Marth/Ike as intensive as Roy's one?
Also excuse me if I am asking you here too much. Just thought that I could ask, since you can't find something sword glow related on this forum or elsewhere. :s

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I just did it for Marth, with the alternative costume code. So he has now a Red Sword Glow for his Red costume (FitMarth01), Purple for his other costume etc.
And after I changed Ike's Wait1 sword glow color to purple (1C), all of his sword traces are purple. But not his glow at all. This is really weird..
/edit: Only if Ike fights against Marth. Interesting. Seems like he is able to use Marths .pac colors then..

Hm. Do you know how to make the glow hue of Marth/Ike as intensive as Roy's one?
Also excuse me if I am asking you here too much. Just thought that I could ask, since you can't find something sword glow related on this forum or elsewhere. :s
Roy has additional sword glows (From the assist trophy Saki, so you would have to add those to his file and then modify them, look for Saki's glow in Fitroy.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman

Ike can use Marth sword trace only if Marth is in the match, since ef_marth from FitMarth.pac has been called.
Marth has 5 unique trace, 9, 19 1A 1B and 1C, but he can also use trails from ef_common which can be found in common3.pac.

Anyway here's a list of all traces
0x80452C8C Trace/Zanzou IDs

01:TexLinkSwordTrace
02:TexLinkArrowTrace
03:TexPitSwordTrace
04:TexIkeSwordTrace
05:TexDededeHammerTrace
06:TexCommonHammerTrace
07:TexCommonSwoadTrace
08:TexCommonBeamswoadTrace
09:TexMarthSwoadTrace
0A:TexPitArrowTrace
0B:TexLucarioShinsokuTrace
0C:TexRobotBeamSTrace
0D:TexRobotBeamLTrace
0E:TexCyborgEye01_ADD
0F:TexCyborgSword01_ADD
10:TexCyborgSword01_MOD
11:TexCyborgSword02_ADD
12:TexSakiGun01_ADD
13:TexSakiSword01_ADD
14:TexSakiSword02_ADD

15:eff_assi_MA_Lin_ZANZOU01_ADD
16:eff_enem_MA_Arman_ZANZOU01_ADD
17:eff_enem_MA_Kokkon_ZANZOU01_ADD
18:eff_enem_MA_e063_ZANZOU01_ADD
19:TexMarthCombiHi
1A:TexMarthCombiMid
1B:TexMarthCombiLow
1C:TexMarthShieldBreaker
1D:eff_assi_MA_Lin_ZANZOU02_ADD
1E:eff_assi_MA_Lin_ZANZOU03_MOD
1F:eff_assi_MA_Lin_ZANZOU04_MOD
20:eff_enem_MA_Arman_ZANZOU02_MOD
21:eff_enem_MA_Kokkon_ZANZOU02_ADD
22:eff_enem_MA_Kokkon_ZANZOU03_MOD
23:eff_enem_MA_e063_ZANZOU02_MOD
24:eff_enem_MA_Gyraan_ZANZOU01_ADD
25:eff_enem_MA_Gyraan_ZANZOU02_MOD
26:eff_fin_MI_donkey_zanzo01
27:eff_fin_MI_donkey_zanzo02
28:eff_fin_MI_donkey_zanzo03
29:eff_fin_MI_marth_zanzo01
2A:eff_fin_MI_marth_zanzo02
2B:eff_fin_MI_marth_zanzo03
2C:eff_enem_MI_crazyhand_zanzo01
2D:eff_enem_MI_crazyhand_zanzo02
2E:eff_enem_MI_crazyhand_zanzo03
2F:eff_enem_MI_masterhand_zanzo01
30:eff_enem_MI_masterhand_zanzo02
31:eff_enem_MI_masterhand_zanzo03
32:eff_enem_MI_galleom_zanzo01
33:eff_enem_MI_galleom_zanzo02
34:eff_enem_MI_galleom_zanzo03
35:eff_enem_MI_porky_zanzo01
36:eff_enem_MI_porky_zanzo02
37:eff_enem_MI_porky_zanzo03
38:eff_enem_MI_rayquaza_zanzo01
39:eff_enem_MI_rayquaza_zanzo02
3A:eff_enem_MI_rayquaza_zanzo03
3B:eff_enem_MI_taboo_zanzo01
3C:eff_enem_MI_taboo_zanzo02
3D:eff_enem_MI_taboo_zanzo03
3E:eff_enem_MI_cataguard_zanzo01
3F:eff_enem_MI_cataguard_zanzo02
40:eff_enem_MI_cataguard_zanzo03
41:eff_enem_MI_cymal_zanzo01
42:eff_enem_MI_cymal_zanzo02
43:eff_enem_MI_cymal_zanzo03
44:eff_enem_MI_jdus_zanzo01
45:eff_enem_MI_jdus_zanzo02
46:eff_enem_MI_jdus_zanzo03
47:eff_enem_MI_pacci_zanzo01
48:eff_enem_MI_pacci_zanzo02
49:eff_enem_MI_pacci_zanzo03
4A:eff_enem_MI_siralamos_zanzo01
4B:eff_enem_MI_siralamos_zanzo02
4C:eff_enem_MI_siralamos_zanzo03
4D:eff_assi_MI_goroh_zanzo01
4E:eff_assi_MI_goroh_zanzo02
4F:eff_assi_MI_goroh_zanzo03
50:eff_enem_MA_Bosspackun_ZANZOU01_ADD
51:eff_enem_MA_Bosspackun_ZANZOU02_ADD
52:eff_enem_MA_Bosspackun_ZANZOU03_ADD
53:eff_enem_MA_Bosspackun_ZANZOU04_ADD
54:eff_enem_MA_Bosspackun_ZANZOU05_ADD
55:eff_enem_MA_Bosspackun_ZANZOU06_MOD
56:eff_enem_MA_Bosspackun_ZANZOU07_MOD
57:eff_enem_MA_Bosspackun_ZANZOU08_MOD
58:eff_enem_MA_Bosspackun_ZANZOU09_MOD
59:eff_enem_MA_Bosspackun_ZANZOU10_MOD
5A:eff_enem_MA_Duon_ZANZOU01_ADD
5B:eff_enem_MA_Duon_ZANZOU02_ADD
5C:eff_enem_MA_Duon_ZANZOU03_ADD
5D:eff_enem_MA_Duon_ZANZOU04_ADD
5E:eff_enem_MA_Duon_ZANZOU05_ADD
5F:eff_enem_MA_Duon_ZANZOU06_MOD
60:eff_enem_MA_Duon_ZANZOU07_MOD
61:eff_enem_MA_Duon_ZANZOU08_MOD
62:eff_enem_MA_Duon_ZANZOU09_MOD
63:eff_enem_MA_Duon_ZANZOU10_MOD
64:eff_enem_MA_Ridley_ZANZOU01_ADD
65:eff_enem_MA_Ridley_ZANZOU02_ADD
66:eff_enem_MA_Ridley_ZANZOU03_ADD
67:eff_enem_MA_Ridley_ZANZOU04_ADD
68:eff_enem_MA_Ridley_ZANZOU05_ADD
69:eff_enem_MA_Ridley_ZANZOU06_MOD
6A:eff_enem_MA_Ridley_ZANZOU07_MOD
6B:eff_enem_MA_Ridley_ZANZOU08_MOD
6C:eff_enem_MA_Ridley_ZANZOU09_MOD
6D:eff_enem_MA_Ridley_ZANZOU10_MOD
6E:eff_enem_MA_Metaridley_ZANZOU01_ADD
6F:eff_enem_MA_Metaridley_ZANZOU02_ADD
70:eff_enem_MA_Metaridley_ZANZOU03_ADD
71:eff_enem_MA_Metaridley_ZANZOU04_ADD
72:eff_enem_MA_Metaridley_ZANZOU05_ADD
73:eff_enem_MA_Metaridley_ZANZOU06_MOD
74:eff_enem_MA_Metaridley_ZANZOU07_MOD
75:eff_enem_MA_Metaridley_ZANZOU08_MOD
76:eff_enem_MA_Metaridley_ZANZOU09_MOD
77:eff_enem_MA_Metaridley_ZANZOU10_MOD
78:eff_enem_MA_e063_ZANZOU03_ADD
79:eff_enem_MA_e063_ZANZOU04_ADD
7A:eff_enem_MA_e063_ZANZOU05_ADD
7B:eff_enem_MA_e063_ZANZOU06_MOD
7C:TexToonlinkSwordTrace
7D:TexToonlinkArrowTrace
7E:TexFinIkeSwoadTraceA
7F:TexFinIkeSwoadTraceB
80:TexKbLinkArrowTrace
81:TexKbToonlinkArrowTrace
82:TexKbPitArrowTrace
83:TexKbRobotBeamSTrace
84:TexKbRobotBeamLTrace
85:TexKbMarthShieldBreaker
86:TexCommonTraceTest

-ASF1nk
Glow is a model effect which you can attach on Sword Glow. The Glow model has a polygon which makes it have a shape so it makes sword glow having a volume.

That one you see the grey part of ikes glow model is the polygon shape. I think somewhere inside of EffIkeSwoadTrace model has a code that uses golden color for the polygon of the glow (If that exist i think).

About making Ike n Marth sword glow similar as red edge on Roy sword, is the texture related to its glow model.

Also in Sword Glow code, the Graphic ID it calls to 230001 is Ike's external graphic effects, 23 being ef_ike and 1 being his second effect from his FitIke.pac

We can also port in new model effects. (Since this is for the purpose of a new glow model onFitIke.pac) Lets export the glow model and import it as ModelData 4 (where only change would be the new texture which you managed to change into similar texture as Roy sword glow). Create a new EFLS entry which will become 23000A (being the 11th effect since other 10 has already being used) and set usebrres to true and brresid to 4. In Miscdata[0] set unknown to 1.
In PSA the sword glow code can now call 23000A

nskid

Smash Rookie
I'm just wondering, does the infinite sword glow work on netplay even if the other side doesn't have it?

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I'm just wondering, does the infinite sword glow work on netplay even if the other side doesn't have it?
That I don't know since the code is different between you and the online play.

FGUG2021

Smash Rookie
Request: Roy Blue Fire/Sword Trail. Darker than Ike but not indigo or purple like Lucario or Marth

Last edited:
Top Bottom