• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yestercades Presents: C.O.A. IV - Melee/Brawl/64 - December 20, 2013 - Red Bank, NJ

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'm literally over capacity

sensei you have to stay in the luxury suite at weedwack's again

idgaf if he's gonna be there or not

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
So, it's starting to look like I might actually be able to attend (thanks to Bloodpeach).

Kegger at Rob's?

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
LOL. I had no plans to go to Rob's, but if there's gonna be a smashfest and there's even the smallest amount of room...

Who the **** is strick9?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
post-yestercades-crew-battle-at-cobr's has been updated to 5v5 instead of 3v3

original teams were stranded/ceasar/maliki vs kero/skyfire/cobr

with the recent addition of fireblaster, bloodpeach, breakthrough, and puff daddy to the BASSMENT, each team can acquire two more players

Maliki

Smash Ace
post-yestercades-crew-battle-at-cobr's has been updated to 5v5 instead of 3v3

original teams were stranded/ceasar/maliki vs kero/skyfire/cobr

with the recent addition of fireblaster, bloodpeach, breakthrough, and puff daddy to the BASSMENT, each team can acquire two more players
Who is puff daddy and how do you want to separate the new members

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
puff daddy is RICH

i might call dibs on javi because i'm driving him to the tournament but i'll let the four of them decide who goes where

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Yo we'll take PUFF DADDY too.

Someone with a gamer tag that awesome needs to be on my team.

Stranded/Ceasar/Maliki/Bloodpeach/Breakthrough vs. Kero/Skyfire/Cobr/Fireblaster/PuffDaddy

SOUNDS GOOD???

LLDL

Smash Hero
If anyone needs to reach me today, my cell is 7 -.3 -.2 -.9 -.6 -.2 -.5 -.4 -.6 -.7.

If I don't answer call the arcade 732-383-7873 and ask for Daniel about the tournament, or you can ask whoever picks up the phone if it is just for directions of parking or something.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
**** shoutouts here are notable moments for me for various reasons

illustrating komo rage in person with puffmaster
4th 4th
playing breakthrough for the fourth time in tourney and jnatty and fireblaster for the third time
ceasar's luigi downb stage spike on me like goddammit ceasar why couldn't you play mario instead
the hype during my set with parallax and me almost going ballistic from nearly pulling off a reverse-5-stock
bull****ting with smellsworth about 64 stuff because that's awesome
going to a different stage in almost every single one of my sets based off cp's, whether mine or my opponent's, which seldom happens, and i was glad for it
almost beating fireblaster's mario with falcon just so i could make tommy sleep outside
my basement turning into a ****ing dormitory

honestly for as late as we started (because we're all assholes and didn't get there til almost 7:30) we finished pretty early and ran quite smoothly. only thing that's a pain is the damn set up - i think the set up for comboed on spawn back in may was the best one for the backroom at yestercades. they were like this | | | instead of like --------. yestecades always has the best tourneys. missed some KEY FIGURES though :(

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Speaking of extinct species, last seen in 2006, the Western Back Rhino was officially declared extinct last week.

A moment of silence for our dear friend who has left us, please.

You can find out more information here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inos-follow-unless-conservationists-warn.html

In honor of our friend, I will enter & win the next tournament I attend as "The Western Black Rhino".

RIP buddy.

It's over. Rest easy my friend. Never forgotten. <3

Shoutouts to chain-ace for always running great tournaments. Shoutouts to that one rando that let me use his headphones. Shoutouts to Olympia Diner for that mad good bacon cheeseburger. And shootouts to all the jobes that went to rob's house for giving the Koroshiyo their first ever crew battle victory. LOL get *****. Koroshiyo too good.

This was a lot of fun. GGs everyone. Let's make sure we all play together again before Apex.

Oh and a super special shoutout to all the jabronies that didn't show up.

WTF GUYS

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
bloodpeach with the speedy uploads, thanks

just watched me vs parallax again

i'll probably wind up skyping with tommy again and watch all of them

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Really good stuff to everyone that showed up and played. Pretty much all of my tournament matches were close except against kero. Really thankful that parallax beat me and kero beat the **** out of me in GF because I learned one thing from it: I ****ing suck against kirby. He's my kryptonite and up till now I have not had a single good answer to that character. Now I have 4 weeks to figure out this puzzle or else I have no hope.

Shout outs to rob for housing me and being one stock from beating me and making tommy sleep outside.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
Memorable for me:

- My really close set vs. Skyfire, particularly the last game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jJ_fyM9qSA
- "Caesar changes expressions every few months"
- Getting lost and unnecessarily crossing a bridge ($13 toll), but still getting to the diner before others
- Charging $187 to debit card because nubs wouldn't cover their fair shares (and I lacked cash). Conscience-bearing stiffers should send a few bucks Bloodpeach's way, since he covered the difference for me most generously.
- Fireblaster losing it at Rob's
- Conspiracy theory: M2K = Post-tourney Fireblaster
- Comparing words jawn vs joint with Breakthrough (see http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jawn)
- Learning that L + R + Start = controller reset. Never knew of such sorcery.
- That feel when I realized I forgot the delicious pancake leftovers

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jaunt

That's the correct use around my area.

Pretty much shout outs to everyone at the tourney. Had a great time having a smoking buddy (JNatty) and playing against everyone. Not as good as I had hoped to place, but that tourney was stacked.

Also, it's saying something when my main gets 4 stocked and the character I haven't played in tourney in like 4 months (Kirby) gets Jnatty down to 1 stock. /whine

Can I please get knocked out by someone other than Rob in tourney for once? 4/6 of my tournies I've had to play him.

Finally, needs better set up. Impossible to move around. Because of this, there are about 4 or 5 separate times in my set with JNatty where we get interrupted by people (EVEN EMPLOYEES!) in the middle of our tourney match trying to get behind us. **** off assholes!

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Really good stuff to everyone that showed up and played. Pretty much all of my tournament matches were close except against kero. Really thankful that parallax beat me and kero beat the **** out of me in GF because I learned one thing from it: I ****ing suck against kirby. He's my kryptonite and up till now I have not had a single good answer to that character. Now I have 4 weeks to figure out this puzzle or else I have no hope.

Shout outs to rob for housing me and being one stock from beating me and making tommy sleep outside.

Hey, give yourself more credit. Our games were great.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Anyone that played on my TV (the one hooked up to bloodpeach's recording setup, or the grey/flat screened CRT), did any of you feel like there was a delay on it? Rob seems to be the only person complaining about "delay" on the TV that I know of so I wanna see if anyone else noticed something.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
when i don't ff half the time, and i KNOW i'm pressing hard enough/fast enough, i don't see it as being an issue with my controller or with me...

telling you, a$ rigged that ****ing tv

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Rob complained about delay on a tube TV at Karajan's house because he did a Samus grab on a platform instead of shield drop dair.

Top Bottom