• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link Match Up Discussion. Ask Questions Here!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Young Link is fun when you can jump, grab a bomb, and still be in the air. If only he could do that after a double jump. Then he could fly.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
In other news, spaced fair (so that it tips) while retreating -> arrow is officially the most amazingly smart thing to do when people are at low percents.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Low commitment + gives you weirdly awesome frame advantage + works when even when your boomerang hasn't returned. Most characters can't really punish it effectively even if they CC both attacks, because of the space between you and them.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
If you really want to avoid getting CCed altogether, try YL's d-tilt. You can't CC it. It's pretty silly.

Then again, who CCs against YL? He just throws projectiles at you anyway.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
How do you check what version of the game u have? Where is it located on disc?

I used to main Ylink way back in 06. I've gotten alooooot better since then and I wanna play him more often like you guys said but nobody takes me seriously, and they pick zelda or some crap. :(

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
That's right, Clyde. If they try to CC YL's d-tilt, they will just be put in a weird stun animation that will prevent them from retaliating until at least your d-tilt animation is over. :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahahaha wow too good. got mah move to beat macd's dsmash!!!! :) :)

normal link *****. if we can play YL, normal link is a bit of a change cuz he's mad slow, but his sword is SOOOOO much longer.

rhan

Smash Hero
.....if the Young Link player sits and camps all day.
The Lake beat me in a MM at P5. I underestimated Zelda's ability to punish Young Link pretty hard on his mistakes.

d-tilt can't be CC? I think you just put a smile on my face. Here we come Samus and Peach!
Dtilt also has sooooooo much start up lag...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pretty sure im gonna tap both mccain and lake's zeldas

however

mccain's peach

is not as good as armada's peach. he didnt even have to cp you with ylink. dang. i got this.

jk you ****. 2nd best peach in the world. (i think. how do u compare to vanz and light now lol)

MacD

Banned via Administration
it's easy to say that me and vanz are the 2 best active US peach mains

vanz does have the use of other characters which makes him a better player overall i feel (cause he'll use his like sheik to beat marths and stuff sometimes), we both have our wins and losses, but if someone says he is better than me i'm not offended cause it's very possible. i personally, don't think either one of us has accomplishes that outright outshine the others

light isn't that active, and i don't feel like he could compete as well as me and vanz do at a national level, i could be wrong but that's how i personally feel right now about him

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
its just so vanz and mccain know what's coming

chu's '06 counter pick lives on (even though he was never really successful with it, LOL. we will be though!)

Top Bottom