• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

XCOM 2

ThatZooooooooo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatZooooooooo
3DS FC
3093-7071-8925

Fireaxis and 2K are going to release a sequel to the 2012 game XCOM: Enemy Unknown and the expansion XCOM: Enemy Within, set to release in November 2015.

For now, the game is simply called XCOM 2.

I personally am very excited for it, Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within is a game I really enjoyed, and I hope the sequel will live up to it. (Reminds me, I still never beat it once yet. Whoops)

What do you guys think?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I really love the direction they've taken the story (based on what super little we know). The idea of XCOM possibly having ultimately failed last time and now working behind the scenes as an anti-alien rebel organization? That is just awesome and not at all what I was expecting.

ThatZooooooooo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatZooooooooo
3DS FC
3093-7071-8925
I really love the direction they've taken the story (based on what super little we know). The idea of XCOM possibly having ultimately failed last time and now working behind the scenes as an anti-alien rebel organization? That is just awesome and not at all what I was expecting.
Yeah, I was pretty surprised by that too, and is pretty cool. I can't wait to see what kind of story they put forth with the new game!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I'm hyped. And with any luck, Heavensward will have gotten on a controllable pace and level when this rolls around that I'll be able to play it.

There take on the story is pretty interesting. Though I'm still not sure if I like the "You didn't fail, but you didn't succeed either" take. We'll have to see how it goes. It sort of nullifies the previous game a bit, which I'm not 100% sure on.

Last edited:

ThatZooooooooo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatZooooooooo
3DS FC
3093-7071-8925
I'm hyped. And with any luck, Heavensward will have gotten on a controllable pace and level when this rolls around that I'll be able to play it.

There take on the story is pretty interesting. Though I'm still not sure if I like the "You didn't fail, but you didn't succeed either" take. We'll have to see how it goes. It sort of nullifies the previous game a bit, which I'm not 100% sure on.
Yeah, I can get ya there. Even though I haven't beaten Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within, I know the ending.

It's always strange when devs change or contradict the outcome of the previous game in the sequel, but I like to remain optimistic. It's an interesting direction for sure.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Yeah, I can get ya there. Even though I haven't beaten Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within, I know the ending.

It's always strange when devs change or contradict the outcome of the previous game in the sequel, but I like to remain optimistic. It's an interesting direction for sure.
I can understand why they did it: if we won, where do we go from there? They had that issue twenty years ago with the first X-Com games, and the sequels were never as well received as the original was. I'll admit, I was hoping for a direct sequel (they sort of hinted about such a thing in EU/EW), but we'll have to see where they go with this. I'll admit, I'm cautiously optimistic. They took the X-Com series, a series that died pretty fast after it's original success in 1994 (the two sequels to UFO: Enemy Unknown didn't do nearly as well as the first did, and the series pretty much died after that), and made XCOM out of it to wide success and praise from new and veteran players alike.

Top Bottom