• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox's Answer To Smash Bros

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I had an idea for a possible Story Mode.

It would start with Teresa (Fable) narrating.

Teresa: "I have known the existence of many Worlds that were once separated and are now connected by an incredible power; an Energy binding them together. This mysterious Light has power greater than any have ever known. It can bend Time, change Space, and even warp reality itself. All the Worlds connected by it wish to harness its power. Each having a Champion or more; sent to find its Source and claim it. However, unknown to them a great Darkness (The Crawler) is waiting to be freed and end the existence to this Light.... all light, forever. Whether you be Hero or Villain; It cares not for anything other than unending Darkness. Will you rise up and fight the coming threat? Or claim the power of the Energy for yourself?"

Teresa: "What will you do.... "Champion?"

Something like that. I was thinking the "Energy" would be a reference to the Green Light from inside the Xbox. I remember when the Xbox's slogan was "No Power Greater Than X". So, I took that idea and kind of ran with it. Since all the series mentioned above are connected to Xbox in some way; I think it kind of fits as an explanation for what could happen in a Story Mode for this crossover. The Power to manipulate Time, Space and even Reality kind of fits "No Power Greater Than X" I think. It could also explain dead characters being alive, teleportation, ultimate abilities, and connections to all worlds.

What do you think? I hope I explained it well enough.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I had an idea for a possible Story Mode.

It would start with Teresa (Fable) narrating.

Teresa: "I have known the existence of many Worlds that were once separated and are now connected by an incredible power; an Energy binding them together. This mysterious Light has power greater than any have ever known. It can bend Time, change Space, and even warp reality itself. All the Worlds connected by it wish to harness its power. Each having a Champion or more; sent to find its Source and claim it. However, unknown to them a great Darkness (The Crawler) is waiting to be freed and end the existence to this Light.... all light, forever. Whether you be Hero or Villain; It cares not for anything other than unending Darkness. Will you rise up and fight the coming threat? Or claim the power of the Energy for yourself?"

Teresa: "What will you do.... "Champion?"

Something like that. I was thinking the "Energy" would be a reference to the Green Light from inside the Xbox. I remember when the Xbox's slogan was "No Power Greater Than X". So, I took that idea and kind of ran with it. Since all the series mentioned above are connected to Xbox in some way; I think it kind of fits as an explanation for what could happen in a Story Mode for this crossover. The Power to manipulate Time, Space and even Reality kind of fits "No Power Greater Than X" I think. It could also explain dead characters being alive, teleportation, ultimate abilities, and connections to all worlds.

What do you think? I hope I explained it well enough.
This story is just too freakin' good to be true! :D

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
This story is just too freakin' good to be true! :D
Thank you! I really think that Xbox has great potential with all its history and varied references.

I also thought the Announcement Trailer should start off with a quote from The Prophet of Truth (Halo).

"There are those that said this day would never come.... what are they to say now?" - Prophet of Truth

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
One problem, characters need a moveset and Cuphead and Mugman AND Ms Chalice has a problem with that they only got shooting anything else ?
Keep in mind that Captain Falcon used to just be a racer (even though his bio is a Bounty Hunter). As far as I'm aware Captain Falcon never was out of his vehicle before Smash Bros was released. Similar if not exact same for Fox.

I haven't played Cuphead myself; however, I'm sure there are enough items, references, and basic moves they could have. Basic moves like punching, kicking, head butting, etc seem simple enough. More "special" attacks would likely be shooting, charge shooting, parring, and even jumping into a plane like Wario does with his motorcycle. I'm certain any real fan of Cuphead could make a good move list for him.

arsquid

Smash Rookie
The Blinx games feature a "Time Factory", an area outside of time with gates to other dimensions. It could be a fitting in-universe explanation to how all these different game universes have come together. It would be especially fitting because Blinx was (allegedly) meant to be the mascot for Xbox.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Question: Is there one character that if announced would send you into a hyper fanboy/fangirl freak out?

Most characters would get me hyped but, I'd jump for joy for Raikoh (Otogi) or Kaim Argonar (Lost Odyssey).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the prospect of a playable Clippy, even through my preferred Windows rep would be Chip McCallahan. maybe his default appearance could be his in-game appearance
and his "80's nerd" design from the game complete screen could be his alternate costume?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Clippy isn't related to Xbox.

To be fair; Clippy has been mentioned a lot when a Xbox Crossover is discussed. However, I have a better idea. Make him an Easter Egg. I was thinking that possibly in a cutscene (maybe on a harder difficulty or hitting a secret/hidden button) the cutscene would change and show Clippy.

Here is my idea of the cutscene:

Imagine Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark: Zero) and Blinx (Blinx the Time Sweeper) in some kind of Control Room where the Bad Guys have their operations and Blinx is going through Files before shutting the system down. While Blinx is going through the files (each is about information about each playable and possible additional playable characters ;)) A quick picture of Joanna Dark pops up with her profile. Strangely enough the picture of Joanna is of "Future Joanna" (Perfect Dark "classic"). Blinx hurriedly switches to other profiles before beginning a manual shutdown of the system. Clippy pops up asking if: "He needs any help?" Blinx types: "No". Clippy asks: "Are you sure?". Blinx types annoyed "Yes". "Confirm" Clippy says ".... Ok. :(". Blinx types back: "Fine.... set to system to Overload" Clippy: ":grin:" Then all monitors show the "Blue Screen of Death" before the system starts to explode as Joanna and Blinx are escaping!

InfiniteRE

Smash Cadet
A game like this would be cool, I just don't know how many character ideas you could come up with. The only Xbox related character that could sell this kind of game as a household name is master chief. Maybe Marcus Fenix would be another but still the list is very slim. Playstation has a better variety of console exclusive characters to choose from I think (not a fanboy). Unless this would be a true spin off like brawlholla, then this might work, but if they go the playstation all stars route it might fail.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I just got thinking about all the Costumes each character could have. Now, obviously I don't think all will get in but, there are plenty of cool Costumes they could add.

Costumes:

- Master Chief: Halo 4/5, Halo 1, Halo 2/3, Hayabusa Spartan, Pre-Halo, etc.
- Marcus Fenix: Gears of War 1, GoW 2, GoW 3, GoW 4, Theron Guard Disguise, Pendulum War, etc.
- Perfect Dark: Perfect Dark Zero, Classic Perfect Dark, (she has so many costumes I'm not going to list them all)
- Banjo & Kazooie: Banjo Kazooie 1/2, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
- Ryu Hayabusa: Ninja Gaiden Black, Ninja Gaiden 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Ninja Gaiden (Classic), Doppleganger Outfit, etc.

These are just a few examples of costumes we could see. What Costumes would you hope for and for what characters?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Not long ago Totaku announced a Joanna Dark figure. They now have Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, Banjo & Kazooie, Conker and now Joanna Dark. If they announce Jack of Blades I might just start buying all of them!

I wouldn't even be too surprised if Phil Spencer would talk with Totaku about getting Voodoo Vince a figure. Maybe Rare might add other Rare characters like the Battletoads, a Killer Instinct character, or Kameo as figures. I'm a little surprised that Minecraft doesn't have one yet. If it does as well Xbox fans could have an amazing collection of Xbox characters!

Who knows; maybe Capcom could get a Totaku figure of Frank West or Tecmo could get a figure of Ryu Hayabusa. If there is any chance that these figures come out it'd be great for Xbox fans!

What do you think? What Xbox character would you like a figure of?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Well, it looks like Microsoft has bought Psychonauts. Which means Raz can be added to the roster. I have made an edit to add him to the current roster listings. Sea of Thieves has added Halo ship parts. This shows how the world of Xbox has an even stronger connection than before.

One last thing to add; Congratulations to Banjo & Kazooie fans on their addition to Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Let's hope if we do get a Xbox crossover Banjo & Kazooie get as much love in this as in Super Smash Bros Ultimate!

PKBanjo

Smash Rookie
I am going to make my own roster so here it is
1.Banjo-Kazooie
2.Rash
3.Conker
4.Crackdown Agent
5.Fable Guy
6.Forza Car
7.Cuphead
8.Ori
9.Blinx
10.Marcus Phoenix
11.Master Chief
12.Jago
13.Xbox Avatar
14.Joana Dark
15.Hudson Horstachio
23.Steve

Third Party
16.Jade
17.Dragonborn
18.Raz
19.Commander Shepard
20.COD Soldier
21.Vault Boy

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I am going to make my own roster so here it is
1.Banjo-Kazooie
2.Rash
3.Conker
4.Crackdown Agent
5.Fable Guy
6.Forza Car
7.Cuphead
8.Ori
9.Blinx
10.Marcus Phoenix
11.Master Chief
12.Jago
13.Xbox Avatar
14.Joana Dark
15.Hudson Horstachio
23.Steve

Third Party
16.Jade
17.Dragonborn
18.Raz
19.Commander Shepard
20.COD Soldier
21.Vault Boy
Actually, Raz (Psychonauts) is now owned my Microsoft so he isn't 3rd party anymore.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Been a while but, here is interesting news!

Available in Gears 5 Ultimate Edition are both Emile-239 and Kat-320 from Halo Reach!

Yes, that is right! Halo characters will be available in Gears of War!

Gears of War X Halo!

I'm amazed that we finally have this as a reality! Maybe one step closer to a full crossover? ;)

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I saw that Cuphead now has a Mii costume. I bet there are a lot of Cuphead fans that would love for him (as well as Mugman and Ms. Chalice) to be fully realized playable characters! *wink* *win.... errr ;);)

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I just saw MASSIVE news from Microsoft! They bought Bethesda! This means there are a TON more characters under their brand. Some pretty big named ones at that. Not sure how I'd update the OP.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
It might be pretty cool, but the colossal failure that was PSABR has me skeptical that it would work out well. I'd rather we just get more Microsoft characters in Smash, though the two series could co-exist, hopefully with no detriments to either.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I actually like PSABR. It wasn't perfect but it showed potential.

Xbox having it's own crossover would make me more hyped than I would be for the next Smash Bros.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Yeah this whole thread gets better after the Bethesda buyout. Honestly, at this point they would probably make the game solely because of it

Also, I absolutely think Commander Keen would be a good pick for a fighter alongside other more obvious Bethesda characters like Dovakhiim or Doomslayer

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Yeah this whole thread gets better after the Bethesda buyout. Honestly, at this point they would probably make the game solely because of it

Also, I absolutely think Commander Keen would be a good pick for a fighter alongside other more obvious Bethesda characters like Dovakhiim or Doomslayer
I'm not familiar with Commander Keen. What is this character from?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
So, here is an interesting question; if you could only pick 1 Bethesda character; who would it be?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Big news today! Minecraft's Steve, Alex, Zombie, and Enderman will all be playable in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate!

This means Steve, Banjo & Kazooie will all be in the same game.

Roan

Smash Rookie
With the release of Steve and Banjo into the world of Smash Brothers I doubt Microsoft would be interested in a Microsoft version of smash brothers.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I doubt getting in 2 characters would be a good enough excuse to not make their own roster. Master Chief isn't even in (possible not hasn't happened).

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I thought about this idea, a few years ago and thought it'd be ideal for Microsoft to look into making this possible. The only problem I found after searching the internet for characters that would make sense for this game is that Microsoft has poor relationships with their development studios.

-Twisted Pixel (developers for Splosion man, Frank and the Maw, Capt Smiley) got axed off,
-Rare has been through its ups and downs to the point, Nintendo were able to utilize characters like Banjo Kazooie before Microsoft.

Its a lot of characters that were once exclusive are now getting put on other consoles like Stubbs the Zombie got a port to Nintendo Switch recently. Microsoft has very interesting and unique characters but don't take time out to establish and solidify franchises.
I will come back to this thread later on when I have more time to comprise a list of characters I still think would be good to roster today for an idea like this.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
With all the Studios Microsoft has bought; I think they have enough characters to at least attempt their own Crossover Fighter. They bought some pretty recognizable franchises.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Why not make the game like Tf2 and Overwatch rather than smash. I think that works better also add Roman from Armed and Dangerous and BattleArmor from MechAssults and Nathan Zachary from Crimson Skies. Please

Edit: Oh and you need Alan Wake. Oh and the Stranger from Oddworlds: Stranger's Wrath

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Definitely not a shooter. That would be (no offense) a horrible idea. You'd not only limit the roster even more; but would also make it harder to attract a larger audience. The more franchises you can bring in; the more of an audience you can get. If you went for the Shooter genre; you couldn't have Banjo & Kazooie, Jack of Blades, Blinx, Voodoo Vince, Ori, Ryu Hayabusa, or any other characters that don't use guns.

Also, First Person wouldn't work because fans would want to see these characters fight each other. That is the point of these crossovers.

Mech Assault is from the Mech Warrior Franchise; which is a non video game series. So, that is a no go.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
This year (2021) will be Xbox's 20th Anniversary! I hope they have something big planned for the celebration!

I have an Idea for Arcade Mode Boss:
X-Eye (Based on Xbox Logo and Red Ring of death)

X-Eye could be like Master Hand of Xbox Smash Clone and he could act like Polygon Man from PSABR, since he could Slam his head into Ground. He could use other Attacks like Disc shoot, Laser Eye, Roll-over or Summoning Fighter Clones with Xbox Heads.

His Fight takes place at Xbox/Microsoft version or Final Destination, where the Space is Black with Green-like Nebulas and there are Floating Xbox Consoles in Background.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Remembered this thread since Microsoft announced their intention to acquire Activision Blizzard.

So I’m terms of characters, looks like stuff from franchises such as World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Call of Duty, and Crash Bandicoot would be first party in this hypothetical game.

Blitzwing

Smash Cadet
Design wise, I think a Microsoft fighting game would work better as a game in the vain of Marvel Vs. Capcom or Mortal Kombat. The game would take a cartoony approach to the fighting, but it can get very brutal with the more serious characters, but still very whimsical and fun.

With Microsoft acquiring Actvision, I wanted to throw my hat in a ring, in potential fighters I would add if I was in charge of a roster.

1. Master Chief (Halo)
2. Marcus Fenix (Gears)
3. Raz (Psychonauts)
4. Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
5. Arbiter (Halo)
6. Conker (Conker)
7. Fable protagonist (Fable)
8. Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
9. Steve (Minecraft)
10. Doomslayer (Doom)
11. Vince (Voodoo Vince)
12. Lucy (Whacked!)
13. Blinx (Blinx the Time Sweeper)
14. Commander Jaxon (Crackdown)
15. Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie)
16. Rash (Battletoads)
17. General Raam (Gears)
18. Ori (Ori)
19. Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
20. Orchid (Killer Instinct)
21. Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
22. Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)
23. Winston (Overwatch)
24. Zerg (Starcraft)
25. Guitar Hero Rep (Guitar Hero)
26. Senua (Hellblade)
27. Dark Queen (Battletoads)
28. Flood (Halo)
29. Mumbo Jumbo (Banjo-Kazooie)
30. Dragonborn (Skyrim)
31. Commander Jaxon (Crackdown)
32. Avatar (Xbox)

My reasoning for the choices:

Master Chief was an obvious choice, and Arbiter is one of Halo's other popular characters.
Gears is Microsoft's second most popular franchise.
Fable because it is one of Microsoft's other premier franchises.
Banjo, Conker, Crash, Raz and Spyro are all platforming icons.
Blinx, Lucy and Vince were all chosen cause I thought having 3 obscure and retro characters featured on the roster would be cool. Vince makes for an interesting fighter cause he is a Voodoo doll, Blinx can control time, and Lucy is here just because the roster needs more female characters and cartoony ones.
The Xbox avatar is important to the Xbox ecosystem, while they have slowly fell into irrelevance, being able to make your own fighter with your likeness is a nice idea carried from Smash.
Rash is here because he was in Killer Instinct, and everyone loves the toads.
Commander Jaxon was picked because how outlandish it would be for Terry Crews to be here and shout catchphrases. What he's best known for.
Gruntilda, General Raam, Zerg, Dark Queen, Flood, were all chosen cause game needed villains.
Mumbo Jumbo to just round out the roster a bit more, also his ability to transform stuff makes him a unique fighter.
Steve is very popular, so of course.
Ori and Senua both come from well received games so it's an obvious choice.
Winston was chosen cause I think the game would need more "big" characters. I originally wanted Tracer, but with Blinx here, I didn't want them to feel too similar.
Fulgore and Orchid were chosen because they are actually from a fighting game, and Killer Instinct is a loved series. Orchid was chosen over Jargo cause the game needed more female characters.
Dragonborn and Doomslayer are both from iconic video game franchises.
Joanna Dark is a spy, and that could make for an interesting moveset.
Guitar Hero, because a character who revolves around music makes for an interesting moveset.

Other characters that could potentially be added as DLC
Skylanders - Because they could swap between 3 characters.
Dr. Neo Cortex - Another villain, and adds another Crash character.
Riptor - I wanted an "animalistic and feral" character and Killer Instinct is cool.

Third party:
A character from the Sonic series - I'd pick Shadow, because with Sonic in Smash Bros, it would be the more realistic choice. And he fits in with all the dark and edgy, albeit whacky cast of characters. Sonic been on Xbox consoles for 20 years, so this isn't a out of nowhere decision.
Sam Fisher - Splinter Cell was also on Xbox consoles for a very long time, and Sam is one of the most iconic video game characters of all time.
Roblox - Roblox is currently exclusive to Xbox consoles. Having Steve and Roblox duke it out in a game together would be awesome. With a bunch of gears and weapons, Roblox in my opinion has more interesting potential as a fighter than Steve.
Enzo - Because Assassin's Creed is successful and cool.
Rayman - To add to the platforming heroes.
A Mortal Kombat character - There are a bunch, but I'd pick Sub-Zero, cause no one uses ice powers.

That was everything, it's a weird list. But, I think it fills a bunch of niches.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I don't like the idea of it being 1v1 or even 2v2. I think 1v1v1v1 or whatever combination you want with 4 players (if you have that many people playing) would be better.

You put Commander Jaxton twice.

Top Bottom