• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
I live in Cartersville, about an hour North of Atlanta. Had no idea you wer that close to me, Reflex, though North GA is prolly like Four or Five hours away for you, Beast.. :/

:064:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Somebody ran over my dog this morning while my father was taking him for a walk.

He didn't die immediately. We had to put him to sleep.

I'm going to do terribly in my Anthropology exam today because of this.

I could use a hug.

Vermy

Smash Champion
;__;
*gives Reflex the biggest hug ever*
Sorry to hear that, my condolences to you. I know what its like to lose a beloved pet friend. My dog was 13 years old, and basically ran away to find a place to die earlier this year. He hadn't been himself for a number of weeks, and I knew something was up, but it still hurt like hell to have to deal with it. He was like my best friend for 13 years, and I used to tell him everything. Then just to lose him like that seemed so sad. I didn't even get to say goodbye.

It sucks that you have a test, and it being this time if year I can imagine its a lot to deal with. As I said before, my heart goes out to you. I won't ask any questions because I believe openly talking about it puts you on the path to healing.

I also give pretty awesome hugs, just ask Toby and Shaya <3

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Somebody ran over my dog this morning while my father was taking him for a walk.

I could use a hug.
Oh my God! I'm so sorry to hear that, Reflex. :( I don't know what I would do if my dog died....

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Sorry to derail the thread.

I feel super-motivated to get better at this game. swordgard reminded me about the Charizard Up-B stuff that one of you mentioned before (about doing it from the Battlefield ledge lands you on the platform), and I completely forgot about it. Trying to mess around with RAR'd N-Air and B-Reversed Rock Smash and Flamethrower. There's so much I need to do with my Charizard, and I'm going to fix it.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Sorry to derail the thread.

I feel super-motivated to get better at this game. swordgard reminded me about the Charizard Up-B stuff that one of you mentioned before (about doing it from the Battlefield ledge lands you on the platform), and I completely forgot about it. Trying to mess around with RAR'd N-Air and B-Reversed Rock Smash and Flamethrower. There's so much I need to do with my Charizard, and I'm going to fix it.
B reversed flamethrower is soo good, like its amazing. and easy to do, im still working on b reversed rocksmash but i dont have applications for it.

rar-ed nair huh? sounds interesting.

and that up b trick is good imo although I cant do it consistently at all.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I haven't even tried that trick yet. XD I remember Vermy talking about it a while back, but I forgot all about it.

And don't worry about "derailing the thread," Reflex. This is a social thread after all. :)

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
I B-reverse flamethrower on accident all the time... XD Rock Smash isn't terribly difficult to do, and it's usually a good way to get them out from under you if you're falling, as it seems to move you back a bit pretty quicky, and.. Well, we all know wha happens to those who try to hit the rock. :)

:059:

T-block

B2B TST
I find B-reverse RS a lot easier than FT >_< I'm not even sure I'm doing FT properly, because I'm not very consistent with it lol. Tap B, hit analog stick in the opposite direction, right? ._.

T-block

B2B TST
That's what I thought...I do it all the time with Rock Smash, but reversing Flamethrower isn't very consistent for me. IIRC you get 3 frames to input the other direction.

I'll just keep practising >_>

Magik0722

Smash Champion
got 17th at hobo 21
1st round esca (won)
2nd round dphat (lost)
3rd round don guero (won)
4th round Zori (won)
5th round Jerm (lost)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm kinda confused about what a b-reversal is.

The only one I know of is when you're in the air and you tap the control stick before neutral B to amke them turn around. Is that what a b-reversal is? And can it be done on the ground?

But what's a b-reversed rock smash? I'm guessing it's not just simply doing a rock smash in the opposite direction, because that's basic and too simple to be labelled as an AT.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
as far as I'm concerned, I want to get my Squirtle-Ivysaur-Charizard battery furnished so that way I can play better games. I just get too ahead of myself and forget to switch. >.>
I still think the 3 in one stock strategy works like a charm and is one of the best strategies to use in a match.

Edit: So I was watching Rudolf the Red nosed Reindeer on TV last night and when the Island of Misfit Toys came up I noticed something that caught my eye. The cowboy is riding and ostrich, which made me think of pokemon's Yellow who is a cowgirl who rides a doduo.

did Pokemon rip off rudolf?

Tin Man

Smash Hero

I could use a hug.
I had the quetest dog (in my eyes) and he died after we went to vacation. While we were on vacation in the winter (last winter, on a cruise) we left him at pet smart (doggy daycare in canada, it is also a shop to buy pet stuff). We pay ****loads of money, and they say a vet does her rounds twice a day, we come back, the dog is hyperventilating, we go to the cottage for the weekend, come back on the sunday, they take him to the hospital, he gets worse, and dies :urg:. I'm ok but it was sad, the dog was only like 1.5 years old. He is now a pile of ashes in my parents room :ohwell:

Vermy

Smash Champion
Does anyone know how to check the location of a character's hurtbox? I've been playing around with Zards dsmash and I think it moves his hurtbox up for a couple frames, may be nothing but hey, "the more you know".

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
I might have an idea as to how to find the hurtboxes. I'll look into it after a good night's sleep, as my finals are, as of yesterday, officially over. :)

EDIT: In theory though, it should move the hurtboxes up. Hurtboxes I beleive are tied to the locations of a character's "Bones", a term in the PSA that simply refers to a part of Charizards body. I think the way it works is when the hitbubble from an opponent's attack comes into contact with any one of these "Bones", it's registered as a hit.

Now if "Bones" are indeed the hurtboxes, then yes, that slight jump above the ground during Charizard's D-Smash would move his "Bones" away from the ground.

:043:

Top Bottom