• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't think it matters, as Bullet Seed takes 90 frames or something silly.

That said, I don't know what it is, either. Bullet Seed start-up hit is ground-only, so it wouldn't hit a Shy Guy.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
A bullet seed wavedash might be usefull for surprise approaches I suppose.

Does the pop up hit still launch the opponent into Ivysaur's seeds?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...everyone. Play any good games lately?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I got a $2 MM against Asa on Saturday, so that will be the most hype game I play with PT anytime soon.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Lol ok sorry, I thought it was true because someone in this board talked about something similar a few months ago. Thanks anyway

peeup

Smash Lord
Ok how about actual discussion topic. I like throwing in the occasional falling bullet seed. That initial hitbox that puffs them up into the seed stream is, like, huuuge when you're descending. Could throw people off.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ok how about actual discussion topic. I like throwing in the occasional falling bullet seed. That initial hitbox that puffs them up into the seed stream is, like, huuuge when you're descending. Could throw people off.
I don't think air bullet seed (bs) has the first hitbox.
Some times I'll SH bs over the stage to catch horizontal recoveries. It doesn't drag the opponent down as it falls so hitting from the ground where the opponent has to rise up and out gets better results.

peeup

Smash Lord
It does have the first hitbox, but only when you're past the apex of your jump. So a SHBullet Seed doesn't really work, but when you're coming down after being juggled or something.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That's not true. The hitbox is there in shorthop Neutral-B, but it only hits grounded opponents.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Very useful; high-risk, high-reward. One of Ivysaur's most useful tools. Doing it out-of-shield is only a couple frames slower than Olimar U-Smash out-of-shield, and it has significantly more horizontal range. If people attack your shield with an aerial, the reasonable speed can help you catch people you wouldn't normally be able to shieldgrab. It can be DI'd, but doing a B-Reversed Bullet Seed turns what was good DI into bad DI, putting them in the center of the attack.

Ivysaur really struggles to deal damage at higher-level play, and this is one of her best tools to mitigate that.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If you're holding a direction you're not facing and do a B move soon after, you'll face the direction you were holding before doing the B move.

The back hitbox of Bullet Seed sends people in a different direction than the front hitbox.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yes, but one is at a sharper angle than the other, enough to make a significant difference.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
They work out of a dash, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about shielding an attack, then jumping out of your shield and B-Reversing aerial Bullet Seed that way.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So guys. Summercon is officially under way. We have pretty much everything in place for the event. I want to see as many of you guys there as possible. If you aren't going to any major tournament that everyone else is going to, please come to Louisiana for ours. I'll be hosting the Brawl portion of the convention. It will be bigger and better than ever before! :D

Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/summ...uses-online-june-29th-2013-slidell-la.335704/
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/370559509729661/

peeup

Smash Lord
**** I looooooove your sig.

EDIT: why does it censor "****"

EDITEDIT: c00n is what i'm trying to say. as in your name.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol Just call me CT for short or CoonTail to get around the censor.....and it always has censored my name. But yea of course Bomber loves my sig HE MADE IT LOLOLOLOLOLOL

**EDIT** I SUMMON YOU REFLEX WHERE ART THO!!!

Top Bottom