• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X for Brawl.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
Forget regular Mega Man. X was built for Brawl. I busted it out on the good ol' SNES yesterday, not only does he dash dance and short hop, but the way the whole game plays reminds me a LOT of smash brothers. Not sure why. He's got the dash boots, the hadouken thing, the head butt helmet, the armor, the X-Buster.... **** MAN ITS PERFECT!

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
See, I take that one step further and say that they should use Zero (from Megaman Zero for the GBA, o' course.) The game played just like X but about twice as fast paced and with a beam sword/lance/etc to boot.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I agree with both of you, would rather see Zero than X, but if Megaman is in, he needs to be modeled after the X series, as said in the megaman thread and several other threads.

Speaking of that, this should be closed pretty soon.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
This isn't a Mega-Man thread. It's an X thread. There's Mega Man 10, and Mega Man X. Totally different.

I could see using Zero, but who the hell has heard of him? Mega Man X was one of the most important games of my childhood. Maybe if they gave him Zero's sword for like smash attacks or something. Perhaps Zero could be another costume?

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Oh come on, if you've played the X series, you know who Zero is. He even has his own series, too. Besides that wouldn't matter if they did use him. Noone knew who Marth was (not here at least) when he got into Melee. Rest assured that way more people know who Zero is than Marth. That other costume thing may work, too.

But, I still think mic will close this thread, because the issue has been thoroughly discussed and the Megaman topic doesn't specify which series it's for, it just says megaman (and X was discussed a lot on that thread). I like the support for X, though

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
This isn't a Mega-Man thread. It's an X thread. There's Mega Man 10, and Mega Man X. Totally different.
The Official Mega Man thread encompasses all of the different mega man versions, and there is no mega man 10.

But, I still think mic will close this thread, because the issue has been thoroughly discussed and the Megaman topic doesn't specify which series it's for, it just says megaman (and X was discussed a lot on that thread). I like the support for X, though
absolutey right. just bring this discussion into the official Mega Man in SSBB topic.

closed.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I agree with both of you, would rather see Zero than X, but if Megaman is in, he needs to be modeled after the X series, as said in the megaman thread and several other threads.

Speaking of that, this should be closed pretty soon.
Yup. My stance too. Zero>X>Rockman. And come on, Zero is pretty friggin' famous. He starred in his own saga in GBA (which was, by the way, awesome in every sense of the word) and has a lot of fans worldwide. There's a reason that after pretty much the first stage, ZX's main suit is Zero-based, and every other suit also comes from those games, you know. Namely, that they're extremely popular and people were hungering for a continuation. So if he doesn't get in, it won't be due to anonymity. No, it will be simply because Mega is a better overall rep, as much as that saddens me.

Here's hoping you're right, and at least the costume is more X than Rock.

I really should stop being so **** verbose when typing on my Wii. Ow.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Oh, you'll see it my friend, as soon as Brawl comes out and someone plays as Kirby against Ridley, it's gonna happen. It has to happen. And I'm very surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Oh well. I did the same thing last night. You know, started a thread about a topic that already had a thread.

I am in support of X's inclusion in Brawl. One of his attacks could even be his Nova Strike, his Ultimate Armor attack from X4-6. Then he could have his hadouken, blaster, and copy moves. He'd be a good addition.

So would Zero, but I don't see Zero being in the game without X.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Me neither, unfortunately, even though I always liked Zero more. They'd both make great characters. Maybe in the next edition of Smash after Brawl, when they put like 60 characters in, they'll have enough 3rd party slots to have X and Zero in, here's to wishful thinking and waiting for another 6 or 7 years for the next smash game.

I think the moderators just aren't checking this post, maybe thinking X stands for something else? Or maybe the Famous SK is too famous for them to close his thread cuz they're too star struck? weird

Top Bottom