• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWU S.M.A.S.H club presents - DAN!!! (APRIL 21!!!, BELLINGHAM, WA)

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Well, Drew and I have been debating throwing a tournament open to ALL people and have finally decided on it.

WHO: Everyone is welcome.
WHAT: Western Washington University's 1st 'open' smash tournament.
WHEN: April 21st, 2007 (2 pm - Midnight)
WHERE: Western Washington University. 516 High Street. Bellingham, WA. 98225
WHY: To have an awesome time, of course.

THE ENTRY FEE WILL BE $10 FOR 1v1 and 2v2 ($5 each) THERE WILL ALSO BE AN N64 TOURNEY - $5 entry fee.

Payout (for 1v1 and 2v2)
1st - 60% of total pot
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

The tournament will take place in the Viking Union. The room will be very large and can accommodate MANY people. Without any equipment help, we are able to provide about 9 TV's. (Though, people should bring their gamecubes / TV's anyways)

In addition, this tournament will be heavily advertised on campus. (Even if few people outside of WWU attend, there should be a good turnout, *wink wink*)

ALSO, thanks to club funding $100 WORTH OF PIZZA WILL BE PROVIDED

OR, B.C., and whoever else - feel free to come join us. The more the better.

Now for the boring stuff...

Rules
2v2, 1v1, and Others sometimes.
Double Elimination, Best 2 of 3 Matches
Time Limit set to 8 Minutes
Items set to OFF

Bracket Ranking
Ranking will be RANDOM drawing

Entry Fee
2v2 - $5.00 per Person
1v1 - $10.00 per person

Start Time
Will be established in the near future.

Super Smash Brothers Melee
General Rules and Regulations
1. During scheduled warm-up periods the winner stays and the loser must get up., unless no one else tries to get nexties.
2. In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed, unless it was almost over and there was a clear winner.
3. Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion. This won't happen though.
4. Any sign of cheating will result in an automatic forfeit. But who cheats?

Controllers:

1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller. (BYOC)
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Don't use third party, their merchandise is terrible.

Tournament Format
Brackets will be made at random, and you will be seeded randomly...

Tournament Rules
1. Everyone starts in an Elimination Bracket.
2. The Elimination Bracket will be Double Elimination.
3. The Losers Bracket will have mixed placement to avoid players being eliminated by the same opponent that beat them in the Winner’s Bracket.
4. All matches are best of 3 except for the Finals (best of 5).
5. Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
6. Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.
7. Items will be turned off of course.

Stages & Character Select
1. The first round stage is selected by random, but if both players (teams) can agree on a stage then the first match can be played on any stage they agree upon except one from the banned list below.
2. Random Select Stages - Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, & Pokemon Stadium.
3. Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Onett, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Venom, Yoshi's Island, Mushroom Kingdom II, Mushroom Kingdom I, Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64.
4. Stages not listed on the random select list, that are not banned, are open for counter picks by the losing player.
5. Advanced Knock-out - each person may knock out one stage from the first round random select and one from the available counter picks. Both stages are off for the entire match.
6. Advanced Slob Picks - the loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then the winner may change characters, and then the loser may change characters.
7. Double-Blind Pick - at the beginning of a match, any player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players tell a judge their character secretly and are required to use that character for the first game.

Special Team Rules
1. Team Attack will be on
2. Life stealing is allowed

Other Rules & Special Issues
1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game. Unless the other person doesn't mind.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop the tactic and lose a stock.

Match Format
1. Each player chooses a seat and controller port. If both players want the same controller port, a coin flip will determine the winner of the port. The loser may then choose whichever seat he wants.
2. Players then choose their character and have 30 seconds to do so. If any player does not select their character at the end of 30 seconds or if any player calls for it, a double blind pick will be used. Once a player has placed their coin on a character’s image to select it, they may not change characters
3. Once characters have been selected the highest player in the highest controller port position may press start to go to the level select screen. Once on the level select screen, each player may choose their stages to knock-out (see Stages & Character Select rule #6) and then either agree on a stage together or select a stage at random. Any arguing over stages will be interrupted by the judges and random stage select will be used.
4. Players play their first match.
5. Once they have returned to the character select screen, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
6. If the winning player wins again, he wins the set and must report the score to a judge. If the losing player from the previous match wins, repeat #5 (above) and play the third match. Winner of the third match must report the score to a judge.

ON A FINAL NOTE: Think of this as a huge smashfest and not just a tournament. There are many of us up here who would love to play friendlies against you 'outsiders'.

I am able to house quite a few people if they do not feel like making the drive back home on the same day.

CONFIRMATION LIST

1. Jumpfreak *C*
2. Miserable *C*
3. Tund *C*
4. Sexual Fire *C*
5. Balefireboy *C*
6. West Coast Wes *C*
7. Captian Obvious *C*
8. Matt *C*
9. Tori *C*
10. Silentwolf *C*
11. Eggz *C*
12. Ka Master *C*
13. Zeru *C*
14. Bladewise *C*
15. Gimpyfish *C*
16. Kayle *C*
17. Rod *C*
18. Zach *C*
19. Blair *UC*
20. Sastopher *UC*
21. Link *UC*
22. Kei *C*
23. David *C*
24. Noobking *C*
25. CowEar *C*
26. Hitsuguya *C*
27. R.C. *UC*
28. Peaches *UC*
29. Phillip *UC*
30. Caton *declined*
31. Arthur *UC*
32. Brice *UC*
33. Ryan *UC*
34. Sillyfox *UC*
35. Balloon *UC*
36. RedYoshi92 *C*
37. Touk *C*
38. Loop *C*
39. Spartamus *C*
40. Patrick *UC*
41. iSam *C*
42. Joshisrad *C*
43. BluntedObject *C*
44. Genesis FTW *C*
45. TheBeef *C*
46. FoosJr *C*
47. T!Mmy *C*
48. Tommy *C*
49. Aftermath *C*
50. Juce *C*?
51. Nate *UC*
52. Digital Watches *C*
53. Patooty *C*
54. Kamaji *C*
55. Camerican *UC*
56. Klassic *C*
57. Blakout *C*
58. Maos *UC*
59. Deva *UC*
60. Chip *UC*
61. Alex O *C*
62. Epik *C*
63. Nick N *C*
64. Joey *C*
65. Daniel B *C*
66. Evan *C*
67. Gamepro *C*
68. Jibbs *C*
69. V *C*
70. Andrew D *C*
71. Kurt M *C*

...and a lot more. Lost count / stopped keeping track :p

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Calm down Dan. Me definately want come. Though it's so far in the future there's no 100% way to be able to tell attendance poops. But I like never do anything on Mondays...ever. So I should be able to go. Yaaaaaaaaaayuuu..>_>

Pizza's too good. Why are items turned off? That's dumb.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Calm down Dan. Me definately want come. Though it's so far in the future there's no 100% way to be able to tell attendance poops. But I like never do anything on Mondays...ever. So I should be able to go. Yaaaaaaaaaayuuu..>_>

Pizza's too good. Why are items turned off? That's dumb.

**** straight you're coming.

Items = the suck. Haha, yeah, and I quickly realized the mistake in my date. Its on the 3rd, (SATURDAY!!)

Eggz

Smash Hero
I agree with Ka, Items should be on. Especially flippers. They are too fun. Sometimes, when me and my really good friends play, we use the flippers so well it looks like DBZ!!!!!!

I'm still learning how to recover, but I should be able to learn how to second jump properly by March. I have SHFFL down (Thats where you hit them with your up B and then combo it with another up B, right?)

I guess I'll do one of your "Money battles". 10$ savvy anyone?

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Lol, alrighty, a Saturday makes more sense XD. Anyways, 10$ money battle Eggz? I hear you have a pwnz0r Yoshi. Though mine is prbably better.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
I agree with Ka, Items should be on. Especially flippers. They are too fun. Sometimes, when me and my really good friends play, we use the flippers so well it looks like DBZ!!!!!!

I'm still learning how to recover, but I should be able to learn how to second jump properly by March. I have SHFFL down (Thats where you hit them with your up B and then combo it with another up B, right?)

I guess I'll do one of your "Money battles". 10$ savvy anyone?
>_>
<_<
>_>

I'm warning everyone up here about you, you miserable ****.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I dunno, the kids in my neighborhood refer to me as "The Green-Ish Machine" (Because Yoshi is normally green, but I play pink Yoshi). But I'm sure I can give you your moneys worth. After all, I can beat my big brother.

Ah come on Dan. >_< Mother ****er.

Consider me and prolly Nate going.
Hopefully BC can come. and RC.
Do you need any TVs or GCs?
so 40 ppl already in the smash club you say??? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Technically, there are 80 of us right now.

Though, we tend to have 20+ come to our casual smashfests and 30+ in our tournaments.

As I said, this one will be advertised on campus, so the turnout SHOULD be "good".

TV's and gamecubes will only makes things run smoother.

EDIT: Nate should come and carpool a bunch of you guys in his van.

I'm sure he will but more than one trip is out of the question. So you'd be able to house us all then right? (People coming in Nate's van if he drives).

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Is housing really necessary? Isn't Bellingham only like an hour away from Tukwila? Or is it the other direction, oi, I'm confused. All I know is that it's like 2 and a half hours max from my area to Bellingham.

Though I guess if you were talking about housing the day before the tourney, then nvrmind.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
It doesn't really matter to me. I will house people all weekend if you want.

I could house like 10 people (though, some would have to sleep in the garage XD)

Yeah, we'll fit in as many people as we have to. And that's just my house. I'm sure that Drew (co-founder) would also be willing to house people.

Link, Blair, and Sas should all come. I want this to be big.

- All cash that goes in gets paid back out
- FREE PIZZA
- lots of space
= good tourney.

EDIT: If I can figure out where the hell Jeff went, I'm sure he'd want to come. I think I'll give him a call soon...

Eggz

Smash Hero
Me and Ammon are gonna house with one of Ammons brothers. Because I'm afraid Dan would ****-Dan my *** while I slumber. Also I havn't seen said brother in like a year.

Chade

Smash Rookie
I should be able to get there, It's a bit of a trip but manageable.

But on a more serious note, you should consider doing $5 for singles. Personally I know I'm gonna lose whatever I toss in there, and I have a feeling that a bunch of the typically poor students around here are in a similar position. At $5 I think the number of participants should rise significantly.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Yea...its a toss up. Though, I really want people outside of WWU to compete, and $10 seems to be the generally accepted minimum incentive.

I imagine 1st place being worth big $$$. Our club won't take a cut.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Hey Jumpfreak, I will look very highly into going to this, possibly bringing a few people from Spokane.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Dan, I practically 4 stocked you at GC. rofl

You cant beat me Dan. I think I'll use only Ganon just to rub that fact in =P

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
...if you're REALLY confident...

Eggz Gannon vs. Jumpfreak Fox $10 mm? I can't even shine....so really you'll have nothing to worry about other than embarassing me on my own turf...

But enough of that. No more spam(ing).

More people! I think I'll start an RSVP list soon...

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
I got a few actually. I assume kind of like up at your school. They know the advanced stuff and they're good for an average person, but they can't really compete with you...I'll see what I can do Dan.

Peaches

Smash Lord
I got a few actually. I assume kind of like up at your school. They know the advanced stuff and they're good for an average person, but they can't really compete with you...I'll see what I can do Dan.
You want to carpool? I'm not sure how this'll work out because I might try to go a whole day early (girlfriend), however I also don't know who in SPokane would be going.

Chade

Smash Rookie
If you come you should try to bring a few along, even if they don't enter the tourney they would probably have fun playing some of the less accomplished smashers around here (such as myself)

Top Bottom