• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf PIT IS BROKEn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veng

Smash Ace
I dont care what you say I am getting ***** by pits EVERYWERE.

HIS ARROWS DO 11 DAMAGE WTF??? and they move up and down..

lets not even go to his recovery

Its not even right.. like all characters are close to even around lets say 10 then pits like 30.

WHAT IN THE WORLD ( im really pissed right now.. i got ***** over and over by DIFFERENT pits.. )

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Here's what you do:

Roll and airdodge until you get in close, grab, molest and throw into a tilt or aerial.

Or lay mines everywhere. He has to land some time.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
His recovery is easily, easily gimped. If he uses up B just hit him.

Yeah, his projectile is good and his priority is through the roof, but he failed his range class. So take advantage of that, because all he has to hit at a decent distance is his arrow and a couple of other attacks, but I guess that is also relative to the character you play.

A good Pit player can be hard to deal with, but he's not broken.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
Don't get upset because you cannot beat Pit's,just because you can't defeat him doesn't mean he is broken

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Since you play Lucas? (looking at your icon thing) can't your B+down absorb it? I'm not too sure about that you can do it though since I never tried it out, someone correct me if you can't do it.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Quick, someone call the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance.
Useless comment's aside, just Dair his recovery, what's so hard about that?

moshen

Smash Rookie
Since you play Lucas? (looking at your icon thing) can't your B+down absorb it? I'm not too sure about that you can do it though since I never tried it out, someone correct me if you can't do it.
Yes it does absorb it.... making for an easy approach. short hop + downb , rinse, repeat, wipe hands on pants.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
eheh indeed pit was made for the little girls , but is not really that hard. specially his easily spikable upB. hehe noone of my friends chooses pit against my DK hehehe

pirkid

Smash Lord
Okay.

So I think we've cleared up the fact that OP is wrong and Pit is not OverPowered, easily gimped, girly, and annoying.

Anything else?

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Hes not broken but his attacks are really really fast. It's hard to go in for the KO.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Newb friendly =/= Broken.

Use your Down B, absorb the arrows, regen health.

Zevox

Smash Lord
HIS ARROWS DO 11 DAMAGE WTF???
No they don't. At best they do perhaps 6%, and that quickly degenerates to 5 and 4 due to stale move negation.

And seriously, if you are, as you appear to be, a Lucas main, you should have little issue with him. Psi Magnet renders his arrows not just useless to him, but beneficial to you. His recovery is nice, but thats what you have PK Thunder and your bair spike for - not to mention all of Lucas' smash attacks can KO an average weight character like Pit solidly even before he gets to 100% damage. Pit is good, but really not anywhere near overpowered, especially not against Lucas.

Zevox

Mephianse

Smash Rookie
I usually pick Game and Watch againts Pit, use down b to absorb arrows and then release the energy, it works great.

Tut

Smash Rookie
Don't worry man, I hear you. Pits for nubs, end of story. I can beat them, but he is so easy to play and straight up nub. The new Sheik.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Here's what you do:

Roll and airdodge until you get in close, grab, molest and throw into a tilt or aerial.

Or lay mines everywhere. He has to land some time.

This is what you should do and dash and dodge when an arrow is near. Or use a character that takes care of projectiles, has stronger moves or projectiles, or projectiles that you can use while moving to cancel him out *Toon Link for example*

I fought a VERY annoying Pit user for the first time today (i don't have Wifi yet) and i beat him by doing what Kazuki said and dash dodging(sorry if it has some complicated name, i had no idea), and you might want to learn to airdodge and roll directly to the ground (Look for it in the techs section) to get to him better because he might start spamming b-side or standard side when you start getting near him.

And one more thing when Pit looses the Wings Of Icarus he falls to the ground like a sissy without being to do anything, that is your big chance for an easy KO or ****/molest if you're into that kind of thing.

Jammo

Smash Cadet
Pit is a really good fighter. But he has his weaknesses. While he's good at racking up damage and his recovery is great, he doesn't have many moves that can kill at low percentages. He's also fairly light-weight.

Use the Scientology Technique.

Find out your opponents weakness, then use that weakness to destroy and humiliate them.

(Don't sue)

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
My advice :

If you think a character is broken, use that character, you will either be correct and win every match forever or you will lose to someone who actualy knows how to play. In doing so you should try to learn what they are doing to beat said broken character. If they beat you because their character is more broken than yours then you go right on ahead and use that character. I assure you every character can be beaten by anyone if the people playing as them know what they are doing.

If there IS a broken character, which I doubt then I really suggest you use them because im **** sure everybody else will, if your at a tournament and there is money on the line dont think people arent going to use them because they are broken, they will do what ever they need to do to win, thus the advanced techniques and competative play.

volbound1700

Smash Master
One thing about Pit that gives him huge advantage is his up b recovery move is insane, but not only that you can still do moves after using his up b. When you do Link's or Mario's for example, you have to land before you can move again. Pit can still shoot arrows or swing his blades while he is going down to land.

Corigames

Smash Hero
One thing about Pit that gives him huge advantage is his up b recovery move is insane, but not only that you can still do moves after using his up b. When you do Link's or Mario's for example, you have to land before you can move again. Pit can still shoot arrows or swing his blades while he is going down to land.
YEah, but if you hit Pit out of his Up B, he doesn't get it back. That means ANY character can knock pit off and see if he has to return from bellow. If he still needs to get higher after his double jumps are gone... then Pit is going to die if the other player does anything. The same goes for if he cancels the move himself. If someone comes after you, you can't hit them away like R.O.B., you have to run away and lose more UP time to get back to the stage.

Yeah, totally insane recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom