• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wtf? holy physics...

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
i'm not an idiot so i know i've never seen anything like this before. nothing gamebreking but it was sweet.

so i was just messing around with a cp, i was playing D3 on onett (i think that's the name, melee mother stage? i don't keep track of stage names all to well i guess) and i was on the far left building trying to keep wario from getting back to center stage. basically i fell off the roof DI'ing forward and i'm pretty sure i just released upon landing and got a MAJOR forward slide, long enough for me to finish practically the entire duration of my Dtilt whilst sliding. at first i though "hilldash" but i was on flat ground when i slid (and i'm not 100% on the mechanics of a hilldash anyway, it's not very usefull to know). then i kinda though craq walk but i thought that was only for sliding backward on landing and i've never got a slide even close to as long as that outside of a hilldash.

it's not like i'm trying to throw out a dumb "everybody knows this **** post" but i have never seen anything so, weird... i've got the reply saved so if someone wants to review it pm me and i'll go dig up my friend codes and send it your way. i don't think it's that practical though, nobody i've ever seen has done anything like it so it's probably situational, based on the falling off the building thing plus messed up physics.

i'd just feel better knowing it's been discovered than not knowing anything at all lol.

edit : i figured out exactly how i did it and i feel like an idiot. it's too easy to have been overlooked but it's a wicked awesome slide he does. all i did was run off the building and imediately fast fell and held it doing a Dtilt upon landing. if nothing else i found myself an awesome stage for me to play D3 against my friends lol.

still feels kinda hilldash-y to me though, it's gotta have to be considering the slope on the house and the length of the slide.

my bad if i'm wasting time, i'm no tournament player but i've been playing smash for so many years, i just kinda wanted to share lol. don't hate plz.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Still, I need to see this to understand. Do you think you could find someone on SWF with recording equipment to send a match with this in it to, and have them post a vid on youtube of what you did? I'm curious, but I don't exactly understand what you did or what happened from your description alone.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Can you. . . please. . .

learn to English better. . .

You dropped from the side of a building on the left of Onett (this was the *left*, correct? The yellow and red house, with the tree above it?). This was of your own volition and you weren't flailing.

You pressed dtilt when you reached the ground. This was to the left of the building you were just on - standing by the side of the road now, close to the blast zone. As you animated the dtilt, Dedede moved his character base even more to the left, such that you returned to control frames a surprising distance from where you landed?

And you have replicated this by entering the dtilt just before landing? You've discovered a sliding technique but you "feel like an idiot" because it's "too easy to have been overlooked," despite the ramifications a repeatable movement tech would have on Brawl?

Either that doesn't make any sense, or it isn't what you're making it sound like. Please explain yourself.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
uh, vid please? nuf of being a douch.. anyways.. if u pick ike and ur back is tourds the wall and u grab - back throw the char goes in the house =0 but its like he it a wall so he bounces forward lol its still prety cool tho try it :D idk what ur talking about tho. going through the house.. ive been through delfino in a tourny match so i know its posible.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i think i know what he is talking about. go on a slope with a heavy char and jump up a bit and fastfall on it. you will slide a little waysdown the slope.
confirm or denie?

Joak

Smash Cadet
I did some testing, and I managed to do it constantly. I also discovered several ways to do it. Here comes a pretty little step-by-step tutorial:

1: Choose D3 at the character selection screen.
2: Pick Onett.
3: Stand on the left building, the red one. (If done right you should have the left tree in your mouth...)

4: Walk off the edge, fast fall, and when you touch the ground press either C-stick up, down, left or right. I also discovered a much easier way: Walk off, FF, hold control-stick forward or backward. Also, you can, as described by OP, FF, continue holding down and press A just when you land.

5: This will result in you gliding across the ground, a similar distance to Luigi's wavedash in melee. The diferent ways also makes D3 do different things while sliding:

C-stick: may result in doing a smash attack in the direction you press it. Down will do a D-tilt. However, this only happen if you press the C-stick too late.

Holding the control-stick: results in walking forward or pivoting backwards.

Down + A: may become a d-tilt if done a little too late.

Soo, there you have it: D3's hilldash.:chuckle:

Edit: I now discovered that this entire thing only happens if you land on the pavement edge, no matter what inputs you do... :(

Denzi

Smash Master
Edit: I now discovered that this entire thing only happens if you land on the pavement edge, no matter what inputs you do... :(

Therefore making it completely useless (not that it wasn't before). Still fun though.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
right, well, fast fall off the building and continue to hold down. sorry if i wasn't clear, i just thought it was interesting cause it's basically a hilldash minus being on the hill.

you don't need to initiate an attack or anything, just hold down. that's why i said it was so simple, hold down, the end.

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
This is nice and all, but it'd be great if someone could find an fsmash superwavedash that we could use anywhere.

Please?

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
i doubt that, but i was playing around with this stuff a bit more and i believe it can be done on any flat surface by anybody that can hilldash after you jump or drop from a slope of some kind. again, i don't know much about hilldashing but it was always my impression that it had to be done ON the hill, not after you leave the hill, so i think i'll go dig up the hilldash thread and thumb through the posts to be sure if it's supposed to be like this or not (or someone could just tell me and save me some time).

edit : nvm, i relized what was happening on the stage i was using to test this out. i never really noticed that tiny little curve on that slope in pokemon stadium 2.

interesting side note, i figured out how to do a Ftilt and neutral A while crouching, without standing up or anything like that. maybe i gave training mode too little credit, i should play around in training more often apparently.

and sense i know i'm gonna hear something like noob or whatever, i'm one of the best players in this area, which when you think about it, probably sounds kinda depressing lol.
we can't all be tournament pros so don't harrass me please.
(there, i asked nicely even)

Top Bottom