• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow..

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I just got Ken Combo'ed by a Captain Falcon polygon...

I was playing 1-P mode on very hard. I made it to the polygon stage with only one life, right? I KO'ed about 15 polygons, when all of a sudden, the Captain Falcon one just jumped from the ledge, hit me with the u-air, jumped and spiked me down. I was half pissed- half amazed at the sight. I wished I had recorded it. It was annoying though >.<

captainlukey

Smash Ace
i dont know wat to think of this thread,,,
i mean the first post is actually believable to a point but the rest of you guys seem to downtalk stuff like this, granted ive never actually seen this happen but part of me does believe it

killa k

Smash Ace
yup this happens. it happened to me once i got u air spiked comboed on dreamland by a lvl 9 falcon and i was like "O_o this cpu is soooo gettin it" lol

~ShadowMario~

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Yhea comps do amazing **** on random occasions. Once when I played SSBM I stood on the ledge shinespiked a lvl 1 comp (using him as a dummy) and he walljumpteched it lol

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Wow, can't believe this thread got posts.

For those who dont know, the original Ken Combo was a u-air to d-air spike with Captain Falcon. The polygon version of Falcon did this on me once. I was dazed.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Ignornce must be bliss

i highlighted the part of your post, that looks awesome, to make it easyer to see where you went wrong.
Actually, I read somewhere that came up with the Ken combo in the original Smash Bros., so he may in fact be right :lick:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Actually, I read somewhere that came up with the Ken combo in the original Smash Bros., so he may in fact be right :lick:
I'm pretty sure it was an interview with ken. Not sure who did the interview but I want to say MLG...

Edit (only 2 minutes after the original post :p):

MLG: When did you first realize you had a natural talent for Smash?
Ken: I first realized this when I was playing the 64 version. I just happened to be really good and it carried over from that game onto the next. Most of the things I used from Melee came from 64. This includes the Ken combo, which came from Captain Falcon in the 64 version.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
The lvl9 CPU game is so ****ing weird. He can do some unpredictable moves basic mindgames too, and incredible precision uairs. But I never imaged it could pull off that combo!

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
I think the cpus in smash 64 are the best of all three games. They don't have that many predictable patterns unlike the others. ex: ganon in melee up bs all the time when you get close to him or jump over him. bowser will take a few steps toward you and then just fire even if you are on the other side of the stage.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure it was an interview with ken. Not sure who did the interview but I want to say MLG...

Edit (only 2 minutes after the original post :p):
wow dont i look liek the modern day fool....

I swear i seen someplace that Ken combo came from Mele with Marth....ugh lies!!!

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
lol. It was kind of frustrating though. I was trying to fly through 1-P mode with only one life on very hard. I was doing really well, then BANG!

Pwn'ed by a polygon.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
The cool thing about the CPU in SSB is that it can play like absolute **** at level 9 or it can be fairly good at level 9, but it all depends on how YOU play.

E.G. If you are very aggressive but, say, foolish about approaching unsafely, the level 9 will destroy you with its perfect timing, perfect move choice and computer-calculated precision. It'll even combo you from time to time or hit you with the moves that normally never hit you, like falcon punches etc. Luckily, since the computer is predicting where you will be depending on your current movement/moves etc, you can trick it. But that takes more work, more like a real match - however...

I figured this out recently... if you stand in one spot, shield if it has projectiles, move towards it, and stay close... the level 9 CPU rolls around dodging like a complete idiot. It becomes totally predictable and you can win any match of any amount of stock without losing a life if you just keep grab-spamming that level 9 CPU, then getting up close to it, letting it dodge stupidly for an hour, and grabbing it again. Feel free to edgeguard however you want, CPUs never attack in the air off the edge of the stage unless their up-b has an attack.

So basically, against the CPU, less effort = more win.

The behaviour of some characters is different in single player, though, I think.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Yeah, either grab spamming or d-smash works really well. Especially against Samus, because of that awful roll. I agree, they are tough to beat when charging in aggresively.

Top Bottom