• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you pay for new color palettes as DLC?

Would you pay money for new color palettes?

• Yes

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • No

Votes: 34 37.4%

• Total voters

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
To change my original statement, imagine each character got 10 palette swaps, and good ones at that. Zebra Charizard, golden R.O.B., etc. I would still very definitely want them.
Oh that's what you meant, I guess, just not anything that is overpriced. I've played Ghost Recon Phantoms and the freaking gun color palettes are 3 bucks each which is really dumb. A set for a character worth 1 dollar would be nice yeah, though it depends on what they add, like jiggly wouldn't just get a re-color, she'd get more hats.

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose it depends on the price, as long as they were bundled together, yes! If not, no way, Jose.

The more aesthetic options provided in the game, the more longevity it has (in my humble opinion).

Storm Erion

Smash Cadet
I would if it's other costumes, such as Ocarina of Time Link, Mr. L, or something like that. But if it's just a color swap, I'd probably pass.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I only want alt costumes like in street fighter... I could care less about Palette swaps.
Unless if there is a Captain rainbow palette swap.

I would pay for a mode where you make your own palette swap like in Tekken tag tournament, Just with improved Hair, Eye and skin color editing.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Depends on the price and the colors; here's some stuff I'd throw money down for.

Lucina w/ mask on (change her down taunt so that the mask splits in two, and she equips another one)
Robin w/ their hoods on
Mario's Blue hat and shirt w/ Red overalls
Samus Phazon Suit palette
Masked Dedede

SCf3

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5541-3784
It would be cool, but I personally wouldn't pay for it. It would probably depend on the colors, design, and price. If it's cheap and had good designs for my mains I'd maaaybe go for it. I really don't play Sm4sh that much, and even then I just play it for fun.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
The problem with the unique ones is that they take much more time than a re-color, and I mean a lot more time. It does depend on the complexity obviously but where a simple re-color takes a good few minutes to see what combinations fit, a new model takes probably 2 days to make sure nothing glitchy happens and it looks good. I mean you have seen what happens when you switch C. Falcon's model with pikachu right? A model that doesn't work for a character is glitchy :p
Re modeling charecters sounds good, but it needs to be done carefully. If this is cosmetic DLC only then it is a fun thing to ask people if they are paying for. If the models are different, and either offensive or defensive hit boxes are changed, then it becomes something that alters the game. Don't wan who has the "right" skin to be an advantage.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Depends on two things, how detailed the costume is and how much it cost. I'd pay, like, 50¢ for a Red Star Mario alt or a Shiny Jigglypuff alt.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I would pay for new color palettes. I'll buy any Smash DLC except Mii costumes. Though honestly a palette creator would be so much better, props to whoever suggested that above.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Not a chance. I typically prefer the standard palettes anyway, and besides that, I just think it's a ridiculous thing to charge for.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Unless they're the amazing palette variants from P:M, please, don't give Nintendo any more ideas...

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
I'd pay for a model swap. Especially if they did a Ike -> Chrom or Toon Link -> Young Link model swap :)

Guillaume1987

Smash Cadet
I'll Pretty much buy every dlc smash has/will have.
As for color palette/alternate costume, I really like the pm one. Give me Skeletal Bowser, armored Mewtwo and Charizard and I'll be very happy.

Now give me a Hitmonchan skin for Little Mac and I'll be extatic.

And finally give me a Blastoise skin for Bowser that visually replace flamethrower for scald and I'll be throwing my money at the screen faster than the speed of light.

What do you guys think of these? One can always dream...

Last edited:

Kjaerlighet

Smash Rookie
I'll Pretty much buy every dlc smash has/will have.
As for color palette/alternate costume, I really like the pm one. Give me Skeletal Bowser, armored Mewtwo and Charizard and I'll be very happy.

Now give me a Hitmonchan skin for Little Mac and I'll be extatic.

And finally give me a Blastoise skin for Bowser that visually replace flamethrower for scald and I'll be throwing my money at the screen faster than the speed of light.

keep dreaming my friend, haha.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Honestly I do find a palette creator to be a much more creative way of allowing players to have custom colors for their character. If they were to add something like it, I would only hope it isn't able to create what the Miiverse does, a bunch of d****s.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Different colour palette packs would be awesome in my opinion. Majority of fighting games have costume packs like that, although I'm not sure Nintendo will go that route for characters besides the Mii getting different outfits. I'd love to see a Ken or Evil Ryu colour palette for Ryu and Lucario needs his shiny variant. I'd definitely pay for more colour palettes, but preferably if they're packs.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Like someone else, I'd pay for a palette creator, but definitely not palette swaps. In some cases (:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4villager::4villagerf::4robinm::4robinf::4wiifit::4wiifitm::4pacman::4wario::4wario2::4olimar::4alph:) I feel like those palettes should have been in from the start.

Top Bottom