• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

would you pay for alt costumes?

would you buy alt costumes packs

• yes

Votes: 72 37.1%
  • no

Votes: 19 9.8%
  • depends on what alt costumes they have.

Votes: 118 60.8%

• Total voters

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Although I've found myself to be buying more DLC in general lately, I still very rarely buy cosmetic DLC. Unless a purchaseable alt really blows me away, I'll likely pass.

Raijinken

Smash Master
If the price is really low (I'm talkin' like a quarter or 50c per skin tops), then I'll probably just get them all. If it's higher, I'll only get ones I like, or ones for my main characters.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
If the price is really low (I'm talkin' like a quarter or 50c per skin tops), then I'll probably just get them all. If it's higher, I'll only get ones I like, or ones for my main characters.
They'll probably be sold in packs for $2. Knowing Nintendo, they'll probably even be $1 a pack (or free).

Foozal

Smash Apprentice
Well if future dlc is as good as MK8 dlc, then I don't mind seeing as Nintendo is doing things right these days

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
I would buy it if it crossed over to both systems when I got it. I'm not paying twice for the same thing.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
:glare: I would pay to have the title of this thread properly capitalized.... Sorrynotsorry.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Costumes are one of the things I would most like to see for DLC, along with stages. I wouldn't necessarily buy all of it, but I definitely would buy some. Normally, I'd be wary of the price of costume DLC being excessive, but Nintendo has been very reasonable with their DLC pricing so far, so I bet it would be fine. If they offer Vanguard/Lord Ike, I'll pay whatever they want.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Probably only Dr. Luigi/Wario, Hyrule Warriors & Timeskip OOT Ganondorf, Mario Party 2 Costumes for the chars in that game, GX Falcon, Blood Falcon, and a Roy alt for Marth/Lucina.
*sigh* Will ever get a Dr Wario brawl hack?

SoraYoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
xNinjaYoshix
3DS FC
0130-1855-1624
Though I would buy any kind of SSB4 DLC, I wish they had 1 for every character before release but I guess that's too much to ask.
But I literally notice there isn't even a simple Dedede masked alt which doesn't even affect the actual model or colors but the face.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Depends on if I could transfer them between Wii U and 3ds... Id buy the whole damn season pass if outset toon link is there.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Depends on if I could transfer them between Wii U and 3ds... Id buy the whole damn season pass if outset toon link is there.
Since u can transfer customizable characters and data. I would imagine if u have both the 3ds and wiiu connected to your nintendo ID then u can transfer DLC and and stages. (Maybe characters to if they are planed.)

#RidleyTeamForever

Also there's a mini FAQ of thing that nintendo would have most likely have done.

Last edited:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Yeah, I'd definitely buy any alts, as long as they aren't super expensive (and with the DLC Nintendo has been doing lately, I don't see that being the case)
Granted I'd focus more on my mains, but still, I'd buy them. While there are PLENTY of cases where I dislike DLC, this is a case where I'd be fine with it, Smash 4 would still feel complete without it, and I wouldn't feel cheated that the product wasn't in the full game,

Gwoop

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gwoopington
3DS FC
5455-9855-7285
I'd definitely pay for more alt costumes. Individually sold ones would probably be too difficult to navigate through but if you could buy packs of a few alts for one character at a time it'd be wonderful. Or even just if you got a few alts as a free bonus gift for buying a DLC character or something I think it'd be well worth it.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Considering I'll sink hundreds of hours into Smash, I'd actually be fine shelling out a decent amount of cash for new costumes.

Top Bottom