• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you make bracket?

Battlecow

Play to Win
64 and melee are very different ames. Much less techskill in 64, much less emphasis on execution. More online-friendly in general to a large degree.

Nevertheless, being able to play with nearby people from the comfort of your house in 1 or 2 frames of delay could conceivably do a world of good for the skill level of the community as a whole.

Jonas

Smash Champion
where and how did this happen there is at least 6 people in that who should make it out. When i get good i really would not want to deal with **** like this.
Yeah it was probably the last round of pools before bracket. Those pools are generally super stacked. At large tournies there are many very, very good players that don't make bracket.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
Eventually. Definitely not right now though...especially seeing how I did in P5 and Apex -_-

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it was probably the last round of pools before bracket. Those pools are generally super stacked. At large tournies there are many very, very good players that don't make bracket.
thanks for clarifying but seriously 6 of them its not like 4 top players that should make bracket are there and 1 misses out its 6. 3 people in that pool got screwed and other pools may have been a complete joke to some players.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol then they shouldve done better in the previous rounds of pools. new rounds of pools are always based off of previous rounds, so death pools are usually made from some people underperforming in some round of pools, or just a stacking effect of busted pools from previous rounds lol.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
lol then they shouldve done better in the previous rounds of pools. new rounds of pools are always based off of previous rounds, so death pools are usually made from some people underperforming in some round of pools, or just a stacking effect of busted pools from previous rounds lol.
fair enough

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
My most-fun pool to make bracket was at MELEE-FCD. Off the top of my head, it was
Jiano
vwins
A Peach player from Texas that was probably 3rd or 4th best Peach in the country at the time, but I'm old so I can't remember his name
Lambchops

It was just a super-fun pool with lots of upsets. All of them were very fun, and the one with Lambchops was one of the most intense I've ever played, since both of us were on the verge of elimination even though it worked out that we both advanced. One of my favorite sets of my entire career.

It wasn't really a death pool, per se, but it was certainly a hotly contested pool. The closest I came to a death pool was landing in a pool at FC3 in the second (of three) rounds where the four who advanced all ended up winning through the third round to bracket as well. That was a disappointing exit. FC3 did have an awesome death pool with Ken/Azen/Sastopher/Mike G/Eddie, though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ken/Azen/Sastopher/Mike G/Eddie

Areyou****ingserious? By far the worst we've heard so far

KishPrime

BRoomer
Ken/Azen/Sastopher/Mike G/Eddie

Areyou****ingserious? By far the worst we've heard so far
Yes and no. Mike G and Eddie were legitimately on the border of the Top 32 at the time, their average placing at a tournament like that would probably both have been in the 20th place range. So it was really them fighting for the last spot in the bracket and 33rd isn't an outrage. Mike G went on and went 2 and out in bracket. Obviously it was a pretty top heavy pool, though.

When I think of death pool, I usually think of someone getting eliminated TWO rounds before you should've gone out, or a bit more substantial loss than that. I'm more looking at who who got eliminated and would they have gone onto the money if they hadn't.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
Yes and no. Mike G and Eddie were legitimately on the border of the Top 32 at the time, their average placing at a tournament like that would probably both have been in the 20th place range. So it was really them fighting for the last spot in the bracket and 33rd isn't an outrage. Mike G went on and went 2 and out in bracket. Obviously it was a pretty top heavy pool, though.

When I think of death pool, I usually think of someone getting eliminated TWO rounds before you should've gone out, or a bit more substantial loss than that. I'm more looking at who who got eliminated and would they have gone onto the money if they hadn't.
that is a good way to observe it plus when i think of death pool i think of deadpool and man that guy kicks ***.

Battlecow

Play to Win
It's just that I've heard of all of those guys which I assume is not the case for most other pools at that tourney

KishPrime

BRoomer
FC3 was crazy as far as names went. We had like 4 fully stocked 10-person regional teams, so that means a bunch of regional team players didn't make bracket. There were like 3 guys that would definitively rate in the Top 50 of the country by everyone's standards that weren't there.

After Ken started the 0C series, the West Coast didn't come out quite as heavy, but we got way deeper into the EC and South. So you'd see the occasional name you didn't recognize in the bracket, but that's just because the people who were sliding in weren't definitive "bests" in their region.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i did once (DGDTJ), but the tournament was not at the level of genesis or apex

i'd love to enter another national. i think i'd have a shot, but not a sure one.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
If I could go even with the top players in my area I could. But no of course not.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
People are horrible at fighting Peach, so maybe.

Not really though...

Ambix

Smash Ace
My most-fun pool to make bracket was at MELEE-FCD. Off the top of my head, it was
Jiano
vwins
A Peach player from Texas that was probably 3rd or 4th best Peach in the country at the time, but I'm old so I can't remember his name
Lambchops

It was just a super-fun pool with lots of upsets. All of them were very fun, and the one with Lambchops was one of the most intense I've ever played, since both of us were on the verge of elimination even though it worked out that we both advanced. One of my favorite sets of my entire career.

It wasn't really a death pool, per se, but it was certainly a hotly contested pool. The closest I came to a death pool was landing in a pool at FC3 in the second (of three) rounds where the four who advanced all ended up winning through the third round to bracket as well. That was a disappointing exit. FC3 did have an awesome death pool with Ken/Azen/Sastopher/Mike G/Eddie, though.
oh god i remember that pool.

I want to say that peach was vidjo but he's from the midwest and i might be thinking of FC6.

God damnit I miss the FC tournaments.

It was the end of an age. The magic went away and the technology became lost.

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
Just because you're awful doesn't mean I am. Pick up a dictionary bruh.
You've never even been to a local tournament, AFAIK. I've even offered to pick you up on the way. If you ever get the courage up to go to one of the Ann Arbor/East Lansing tournies, shoot me a line. If I'm not going, I'm sure someone coming from the Kalamazoo area could give you a ride. Saturday could be the day you finally move on from the prolonged keyboard warrior stage of your life.....

Though I bet you never show up to a tourney. Or show up to one, get *****, john loudly, and never show up again. You just give me that impression. Please prove me wrong.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Lol. I almost went to FC:D. =(

I've made bracket at every national I've been to in recent memory so I'd hope so >_< I always think I'll somehow fall behind but I end up going SSJ in pools.

KishPrime

BRoomer
oh god i remember that pool.

I want to say that peach was vidjo but he's from the midwest and i might be thinking of FC6.

God damnit I miss the FC tournaments.

It was the end of an age. The magic went away and the technology became lost.
It was Xelic! I remembered. Awesome pool, so much fun. He killed me, but because I sniped wins off of both Lambchops and vwins he ended up the odd man out.

What are the major tournaments for this summer so far?

Top Bottom