• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you make bracket?

Fuss

Smash Apprentice
Thread title makes it pretty clear but do you think you could make bracket at a national/international tournament? Do you think you could do so with ease? Or would you need a lineup of certain chars to tear through? If you already make bracket consistently your presence isn't really needed here but feel free to post wh0re or give advice or speculation as you see fit.

Personally I believe I could if I could ever make it to a big tournament, I know a lot of people toot (toot..?) their own horns but I'm pretty confident and convinced I wouldn't have much difficulty at least making it to bracket, my tech skill is pretty sharp and my ability to cope, plan ahead, follow through and react are and always have been pretty above average, especially competitive video games, where I generally have no problem getting far. Though I know Melee is a game with the depth of 2 universe's, I just know I could make it.

Now lets hear what you guys all think of yourselves?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Basically, no. I mean, I haven't made it to brackets in any of the nationals I've gone to, so I think that speaks for itself. I would say I'm capable, however I'm not at the point where I can perform as well in tournament as I do in practice/friendlies, so until that happens, I cannot make bracket at a national-scale tournament.

Jonas

Smash Champion
The answer will always be "no" because anyone who has never been at a big tournament will not make it to bracket.

Except Mango when he started going to tournaments. What a b****.

I know that I can't make it to bracket at anything big because I've never done so :(

PK Webb

Smash Champion
If i dont have 2 1st seeders in my pool and only top 2 make it out (apex i had tope and s2j and almost beat tope} then yea

:phone:

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
No, I wouldn't make it into the bracket of a national, considering the brackets are always stacked as **** in these, and seeing my name there wouldn't fit since there are some better players that still cannot make it.

I think I could go far in pools, like almost always passing pools Round 1, and maybe get through pools R2 if I get lucky (considering a tournament with 3 rounds of pools).

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
Thread title makes it pretty clear but do you think you could make bracket at a national/international tournament? Do you think you could do so with ease? Or would you need a lineup of certain chars to tear through? If you already make bracket consistently your presence isn't really needed here but feel free to post wh0re or give advice or speculation as you see fit.

Personally I believe I could if I could ever make it to a big tournament, I know a lot of people toot (toot..?) their own horns but I'm pretty confident and convinced I wouldn't have much difficulty at least making it to bracket, my tech skill is pretty sharp and my ability to cope, plan ahead, follow through and react are and always have been pretty above average, especially competitive video games, where I generally have no problem getting far. Though I know Melee is a game with the depth of 2 universe's, I just know I could make it.

Now lets hear what you guys all think of yourselves?
ru from michigan?

ur not on the pr and i dont think ive seen u in a MI tourney

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Unless I had CGables and was playing on an SSS level, then definitely not.

Personally I believe I could if I could ever make it to a big tournament
You're in a phase every player goes through, lol.

jbro

Smash Ace
I have won a few matches here and there, but I haven't even made it to bracket at a smaller tournament (ones that have pools, obviously).
That being said, I'm improving, but I think it would be years before I'm at the level where I'd be actually relevant on a national level.

Beat!

Smash Master
Personally I believe I could if I could ever make it to a big tournament
You are going to have a very, very rough awakening. But with the right mindset, you will eventually view it as an awesome and inspiring experience.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
Yes, but I'd have to rely on luck. I'm not good enough to not take seeding into account.

It depends on who is in my R1 pool. I'm not an active player so I wouldn't be seeded very well, but if there was a top 3 make it out situation I'd be able to get top 3 with some difficulty. This also depends on the characters in my pool. Same would go for the second round.

If there are three rounds of pools I wouldn't be able to.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I think everyone knows the answer to this question privately but lets their pride get in the way. Training partners can usually give a better assessment.

For myself, I know I can do it at the smaller nationals (cause I've done it before lol) but at the megatournaments? With like 3 rounds of pools, each with 6-7 high-calibur opponents from different regions using different characters? I'm not even sure if I have the endurance for that. There is a reason why the brackets at the most rigorous tournaments (the Pounds, Genesises, etc) are filled with legendary names.

The ultimate demoralizer for this thread would be for me to list all the people who did NOT make bracket at Pound 4. Hint: its a long list of incredible players.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I always thought there was no chance, but Apex pool matches were pretty surprising. It looks like I could have made round 1, but of course none of this matters in theory. :p

Spyro

Smash Ace
Right now? no, I would not make it out of 1st round pools. I have not had ANY matches with competitive players yet :(.

In a couple of years? perhaps

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
:/
Judging by join date, I seem newer than this guy and... eh
This is probably a troll thread lol
Could you post a video of you playing?

Personally, I wouldn't make it to bracket. I estimate I need 2 years.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
If you're new you won't make it lolz
Erayz is the homie <3
KirbyKaze double posting? Those Canadians and their forum games!
Although, I suppose it might actually be KirbyKaze and unknown522, respectively (!), and therefore not a double post.

On topic: I wouldn't make it. I've been playing 64, then Melee, then Brawl all casually when they came out, and I've been playing Melee for real (now that I'm in college and have people to play with) for about a year. One of my friends is much better than me and he didn't even make it out of Round 1 pools at Apex 2012 (to be fair, Apex pools were kind of atypical, as I understand it, but still).

Top Bottom