• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would like to be Tested

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
Well I am messing around with Textures and what not but now I want to know if I am any good. I am wondering if anyone can test me, you know make a particular texture of a character? Just to see if I have the skill? Thank you.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
This topic would be better suited in the customized content subforum. But do you want people to request for you to make a texture?

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
This topic would be better suited in the customized content subforum. But do you want people to request for you to make a texture?
Ah my appologies for that. And yes, someone pretty much requests a texture for me to attempt. I just want to see where I stand texturing if I stand anywhere at all.

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
Ah so sorry for the double post but E-Jolteon, do you mind if this Hyena Wolf is caked in blood(really soaked in it), and has hopefully what will work as foam on his muzzle?

Edit*Also his Nails/Claws have a dirty earthy look to them. Acceptable?

Edit#2* Alphatron Do you want me to mimic the "cut" in the dress? I can try that if you want. A little trial and error never hurt anyone...Unless the trial and and error involves sharp objects and or chemicals.

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
Okay I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I had get rid of the blood on Hyena Wolf, as in game it looked just awful. Testing new look I came up with.

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
Okay the Hyena wolf is nearly complete, just wondering if foam should be included or exlcuded, and if claws should be bloody or just dirty. Then it will be complete. The Zelda edit is being worked on now.

Edit*Been trying to remove Wolfs Visor with no luck, which leads me to think that altering Zelda's dress might be out of my hands. I don't know.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Could you make Hammer Bro. in Black, Red, (Dark) Blue, Gold, and Purple? (keeping the body yellow)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Okay the Hyena wolf is nearly complete, just wondering if foam should be included or exlcuded, and if claws should be bloody or just dirty. Then it will be complete. The Zelda edit is being worked on now.

Edit*Been trying to remove Wolfs Visor with no luck, which leads me to think that altering Zelda's dress might be out of my hands. I don't know.
Dresses become transparent when there's no texture there. :3

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
Dresses become transparent when there's no texture there. :3
Same doesn't apply with Wolf's Visor it seems.

Edit*WOOT! Learned how to vertex change thus removing the Visor from Wolf. One more tweak and it is ready to be looked at. Question is which upload to use, MediaFire or maybe MegaUpload? And sorry I got behind faster then I anticipated, my friend showed me FF13 and I played some Heavy Rain so...sorry XD.

Hyena Wolf
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KDAZ8TBW

*Edit* Looking closely one will notice black dots on wolf but unless you zoom in you aint gonna see them real well. I might go back an fix this sometime but for now its good. What do you think? Think its one people will download?

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
In the words of Sonic:
Awesome job, Virgil328509!

No seriously, not half bad. Could be a little less saturated, but good nonetheless.

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
In the words of Sonic:
Awesome job, Virgil328509!

No seriously, not half bad. Could be a little less saturated, but good nonetheless.
I'll keep that in mind next time. Thinking bout redoing it sometime. Oh just to be sure, that Hyena Wolf you downloaded, it has no Visor right? Accidentally uploaded wrong one earlier.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ok, want to be tested? Hhhmmmm...... Make Green Greens into a winter themed stage. But PM me the stage since it will go into something speacial im making..... *evil smile*

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
Stage Modification eh? Suppose I could give it a shot. Was trying to get my feet wet so to speak doing character alterations but I suppose that stage changes are not to far from character right? The Zelda edit is coming along nicely. Not sure when it will be up but I'll get it done. And for good measure a Shiek counterpart to go with it. Or do you not want a Shiek to go with it?

ALF

Smash Cadet
Not trying to jump in and steal the project from someone, but I'm sure the answer will be either don't do a Sheik or to make it look more like this character if you do.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Stage Modification eh? Suppose I could give it a shot. Was trying to get my feet wet so to speak doing character alterations but I suppose that stage changes are not to far from character right? The Zelda edit is coming along nicely. Not sure when it will be up but I'll get it done. And for good measure a Shiek counterpart to go with it. Or do you not want a Shiek to go with it?
Hey i got a request and its huge

http://api.ning.com/files/*oov4g*NB...q-TocBNYnCpWpioXDO0bUVE/Anime_emo_vampire.jpg

Put him over ike or link with the hair and all i wanna try a psa over him

Can you do it? Also sup with the fourms abrupt death is this forum still alive

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
Hey i got a request and its huge

http://api.ning.com/files/*oov4g*NB...q-TocBNYnCpWpioXDO0bUVE/Anime_emo_vampire.jpg

Put him over ike or link with the hair and all i wanna try a psa over him

Can you do it? Also sup with the fourms abrupt death is this forum still alive
The forum I would say is alive. i think what you meant was this thread alive, which yes it is. I simply had a nice Spring Break from College so...yeah no idea where time went. Anywho back in the circuit just so ya know. Also I am not sure but it seems that altering Zelda's main dress attributes to freezing upon switching from Shiek. I think I might know why but more testing is needed.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You have to edit both Zelda's pcs and pac file. Port the texture over to the pac file as well.

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
You have to edit both Zelda's pcs and pac file. Port the texture over to the pac file as well.
I think I did that but I will try again. Maybe use ASH over BrawlBox for that? Idk will test some things out when I can. I also wonder if it had something to do with that poor model edit I did with Blender&DasDonkey box. Tried to eliminate the gloves edge to make it "meld" into the skin.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
The forum I would say is alive. i think what you meant was this thread alive, which yes it is. I simply had a nice Spring Break from College so...yeah no idea where time went. Anywho back in the circuit just so ya know. Also I am not sure but it seems that altering Zelda's main dress attributes to freezing upon switching from Shiek. I think I might know why but more testing is needed.
Oh ok so wait think you could do the texture i requested?

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
Oh ok so wait think you could do the texture i requested?
Going to try and do that yes. I handle them in order I get them. Ah yes and for the Zelda texture I go some screenshots. I think I need to do so saturation in a couple places like the gloves or new "skin", and fix that slight problem with the sash in the middle of her dress but other then that its coming along right?Also decided to shorten the dress slightly by removing the bottom design, I think it looks good but I can fix it to be normal if you want. Images Below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/Strv/Zeldatexture2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/Strv/ZeldaTexture1.jpg

Just let me know if there is something wrong with the texture and I'll try and correct it.

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
Very Nice! Say, hows my Snow Green Greens coming along?
Sorry to say I havent touched it yet. I get to projects when in order in which I got them. But no worries, I got some neat filters for my GIMP so I think it will turn out nice, but will have to test. I would like to atleast get this one a step higher then my Hyena Wolf.
I still wonder if I can do that Shiek though. I could do the texturing most likely but the model itself...Couldn't really find a vertex to turn into the skirt. Was thinking of the blade on her back but seems every time I mess with a vertex shape the whole model goes nuts. Maybe its cause I use Blender, Idk.:confused:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Going to try and do that yes. I handle them in order I get them. Ah yes and for the Zelda texture I go some screenshots. I think I need to do so saturation in a couple places like the gloves or new "skin", and fix that slight problem with the sash in the middle of her dress but other then that its coming along right?Also decided to shorten the dress slightly by removing the bottom design, I think it looks good but I can fix it to be normal if you want. Images Below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/Strv/Zeldatexture2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/Strv/ZeldaTexture1.jpg

Just let me know if there is something wrong with the texture and I'll try and correct it.
Not bad so far. Though I should have suggested this from the get go, you can use the following pac file to get rid of the jewels too. The shorter dress is a nice touch by the way.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w2ozkmgt3wy/FitZelda00.pac

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
Not bad so far. Though I should have suggested this from the get go, you can use the following pac file to get rid of the jewels too. The shorter dress is a nice touch by the way.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w2ozkmgt3wy/FitZelda00.pac
Couldn't I just make them invisible like the dress? Also think about keeping the crown becuase for some reason I cant seem to get that darkened face texture to lighten properly. Gonna try to "blend" them but I predict failure.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
If you make them invisible like you do for the dress, you end up having holes right through Zelda's head.

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
Oh wait I think I get ya now. You mean the gems are part of here face not the crown right? Eh would most likely be in the best interest of this texture to take that altered pac eh? Just hope Brawl Box lets me save the Pac and Pcs this time. For some reason it doesn't like to save one or the other sometimes.

Also been trying to get part of Peachs dress onto Zeldas but thats just not working it seems. Wanted to remove Zeldas shoulder armor and replace it with that of Peachs shoulder "Puff". Not going well it seems. Atleast one positive, I did mange to blend the shadowed skin with that of the unshadowed skin where Zelda's crown is. There is this slight dark mark but unless you zoom in you are not going to see it well. And if you do, well then its the "dent" in which Zeldas brows meet.

**** after some testing and lots of looking I found a problem. There are theses two pieces that I can remove but if I do it also removes a chunk of Zelda's hair as they for some reason share the same texture. See below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/Strv/Unremoveablepiece.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/Strv/Example.png

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie
I am so sorry that I havent said or updated in a while. I was a bit stuck in my Programming class but now that I seemed to have gotten out of the rough I can continue my work here. And as a small sorry gift, I present Volt Pikachu, a simple texture I made. Also downloads I have made can be found on Kitty Corp unless directed not to, like the wintery Green Greens.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Name=Volt Pikachu&Moderated=All

Also sorry for the shameless bump. Its bad thing to do I know but I just wanted ya to know that I am not done with this yet. Not until I atleast complete what people have asked me to.

Virgil328509

Smash Rookie

Oh was it broken? My bad.

Edit* Okay that was odd. See I didn't intend on making that many replies. Seems like this "database" not loading was not quite right and it did load to a small degree just not fully.

Edit 2* Not wanting to incite anger by posting yet again, I'll simply edit this one. The Zelda texture is in the final stages. As proof you can try the beta out. There are some textures here and there to fix but it is really coming along.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=82PG6131

Top Bottom