• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would a demo stop making you play Melee?

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Personally, if Nintendo released a demo (and you could turn items on/off, play with a cube controller, and change it to stock matches), I would stop playing Melee entirely until Brawl came out. I'd even hold Brawl tournaments at my college.

Is anyone else the same way? What would the Brawl demo have to have in order to get you to quit playing Melee altogether?

~Dac

Koga

Smash Journeyman
I'd quit melee even without those options, pretty much if there was a playable demo of Smash Brawl out i'd be playing that till the release

Rex+

Smash Ace
If I ever got my hands on a demo, I'd start practicing in Brawl, not Melee, so I know how the game has changed before I take a step into online matches.

Zek

Smash Ace
What is it with everybody talking about a demo? Has Nintendo ever released a demo of any game?

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
^^ metroid for DS...

i Do it if the demo is exactly wath it was in the videos

blayde_axel

Smash Master
What is it with everybody talking about a demo? Has Nintendo ever released a demo of any game?
*Picks up Copy of Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt*

They did once. I'm not sure about any others, though. But I do remember seeing a Demo Disc with some videos of games and a demo of Star Fox Assault.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
There were 2 demo discs released of Wind Waker. One was a Remake of OoT, and the other was a LoZ Collection.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
There were 2 demo discs released of Wind Waker. One was a Remake of OoT, and the other was a LoZ Collection.
The Wind Waker demo was only on the Collection. The "Remake of OoT" (it actually has both the original version and the Master Quest version) was received for pre-ordering Wind Waker (they don't need to demo a game that you've already ordered). The collection disc was given to people who subscribed to Nintendo Power at a certain point, and it had a Wind Waker demo...

A promotional disc does not always equal a demo. Learn what it is.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
The Metroid Prime 2: Echoes game had a Demo disc that shipped with later versions of the first Metroid Prime. So yea, Nintendo has released demo discs before.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
When people talk about "Nintendo doesn't release demo discs" it's mostly just cause they're thinking of promotional discs you can just pick up at game stores and Wal-Marts that have demos for multiple games on it (pretty common on the XBox's.)

But really they just don't know what they're talking about, because many demos have been available through a variety of different means throughout Nintendo's history.

Rex+

Smash Ace
The Metroid Prime 2: Echoes game had a Demo disc that shipped with later versions of the first Metroid Prime. So yea, Nintendo has released demo discs before.
Agh.
You beat me to it.
Wasn't there a demo disc for one of the Pok'emon Colosseum games before?

Dacvak

Smash Ace
No way in hell a demo would stop me from playing Melee.

Melee is top tier.
Hahaha. Melee is GOD tier.

I just don't know... I play Melee every single day with my friends, but I'm convinced that if I got even a demo of Brawl, I'd probably play that almost exclusively. Maybe it's just because my setup is far more suited for Brawl. My Wii is on a Widescreen LCD HDTV (with no Lag =O) and I'm sick of changing my settings to 4:3 when playing Melee, even if Progressive Scan is incredible.

But, like, I really think I'd play a Brawl demo far more than Melee if I got it. Then again, if it was only 2 minute KO fest, I'd probably stick with Melee, but I'd still play the sh*t out of Brawl.

I'm so torn. Oh Brawl... You better be God Tier like Melee.

~Dac

Gum

Smash Journeyman
I would most definately quit Melee altogether. Everyone in the area, including myself are all competitive melee players, and to be frank Im getting kind of tired of the same 5 characters on the same 5 stages over and over again, plus Iv'e lost interest in trying to gt better cuz I wanna just play Brawl.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I would stop playing Melee. And we are owed a demo disk after this delay. Especially if we get another delay on top of this one which is likely.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Hell no, I wouldn't quit Smash Bros Melee. I'm just learning advance techniques.

Still, Melee is one game that will never die... even if they make five more sequels. I'd like to let its memory last... I mean, I still play 64 even though Melee's five times better.

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
A demo more then likely woulud get me to stop playing melee do to the fact that that woudl be insanely sick and i would just be so out there and happy about it all.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
A demo would be cool if I could play Super Serious Business Melee on it with three other people. Pity I couldn't have a FALCON PAUNCH! Match yet. :(

(For those not in the know, it's mad. Better when drunk. :o)

Andromeda

Smash Lord
It would. At least temporary. Then I hopefully have some kind of advantage when Brawl's finally released. But melee will still be a top game to play at parties! :p

pud22

Smash Apprentice
I'd probably play both bcuz of the limited options on the brawl demo. a demo would b the least nintendo could do for delaying it. but it really wouldnt make much of a difference either way; if they delayed it again or didnt giv us a demo or watever and the fans got mad, regardless we are all still gonna buy the game, so im happy either way. they could have just delayed it and left us wit nothin (i.e. GTA4)

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
heck yes Melee is still really fun, but if that demo like the one at E For All then yeah i'd play it until brawl came out

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played melee in quite awhile.. so yeah I guess I would play the demo over melee.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Yea, it would kinda..
I rarely play Melee right now, cuz' my brother just don't want to and the singleplayer isn't that fun tho~
But with Brawl's demo.. yea, I guess we'd play a lot then. xD

Padô

Smash Lord
"I remember people saying "I will never quit SSB" but when Melee came out everybody was saying that Melee was forever, but when Brawl came out...."

It's kinda obvious the end of the history

Everyone will quit melee!

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
If there was a demo disc available, I'd totally pick that up and play that almost exclusively.

I don't play Melee much anymore, cept at game parties.

~Old Man Nintendo

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Would i stop playing melee if i get my hands on a demo?? Two words: Hell. Yes.

Top Bottom