• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst ways you lost a match that you should have won.

Sodapop

Smash Apprentice
I love doing that to people. ^^

But, worst way I lost was doing Docs perfect tornado and being hit by an explosive cube on Green Greens....My friends lol'd.

psicicle

Smash Ace
I think this one may top a lot of them, because it was pretty much no fault of my own. THis is one of my things in the IC forum

For me, it happened yesterday: I did a d-smash for the win (mario had 150%), nana just came back and JABBED the mario RIGHT AFTER I d smashed so he survived... and then the mario comboed me until I lost the match.

BlackMario

Smash Rookie
I love when somebody try to flip back on the board on SMB and I could spit fire balls at that a *** while they try to grab the edge long story short....Mario rules.

Just Today Falco kicked me and I died like 5 seconds left in the battle and the stats tell me that if I survived I would have been sudden death wit that bird!

WHen I waited for electrode to explode so a enemie could follow me to him and when He explode I run....well....I didnt get away and died with nobody brought over there.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
waveshining a peach across FD and go for an usmash but getting dsmashed... I just had to crouchcancel to attempt the usmash but the dsmash smushed me and I died.

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I was playing as Link against my friend (Marth) and I just got to my last stock. He also had one stock, but he's at 190%. It was easy to kill him, since he was flying to the distance. I decided it was a great time to practice my hookshot recovery, but I was too close to the wall when I airdodged, so I didn't connect. I fell to my doom before he turned into the speck.

DarkLordKefka

Smash Cadet
I have two that are tied among my friends for all time retardedness.
1)Falco (me) vs. Samus. we each had one stock left, he at 100%, i at 0. i send him off the stage with a forward smash, past the point of no return. I then go to short hop some lasers to rub it in, and the wind on dreamland 64 pushes me off the stage! Falco's fast falling brings me down straight past him and i lose the match and am knocked out of the tournament in the first round

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I have two that are tied among my friends for all time retardedness.
1)Falco (me) vs. Samus. we each had one stock left, he at 100%, i at 0. i send him off the stage with a forward smash, past the point of no return. I then go to short hop some lasers to rub it in, and the wind on dreamland 64 pushes me off the stage! Falco's fast falling brings me down straight past him and i lose the match and am knocked out of the tournament in the first round

That crap only happens in tournaments >_<

I hate it when you know that you are better than what you are doing, but you still do crap like that, and because you are angry at yourself you do it again

Keep smashing through all the **** :pimp:

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Samus VS Captain Falcon. Dreamland.
We're breaking even for most of the match.
It comes down to the last stock.
We trade hits to around 100% each. I get hit by a knee, but manage to DI up enough to live, using my jump to cancel out the remaining momentum.
The falcon is scurrying around the stage waiting to edgeguard me, I make it out of the magnifying glass and start bomb jumping back.
The falcon goes to the top platform, leaps into space and I hear the word 'FALCON' being shouted.
It happens in a blink. He had turned the falcon punch to face the stage, and did a fast fall to catch me. I get slammed into the side of dreamland, flub my tech, and get sent off the side of the screen.

That KO still haunts me to this day.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well I have a story where I should have lost but won.

It was a doubles tourny match. Me(Jigglypuff) & Bass(Falco) vs. Reik(Falco) & Eggm(Fox) on Onett(for those who don't know where all very good players). I had already died and everybody else was on their last life with over 100%. Without even paying attention a car comes by and hits all three of them, Reik and Eggm miss the tech and die and Bass does tech and dosn't die. And I was like WTF we won?!?!

Also another time along time ago I was in a tourny match against a Marth player. We were both at our last life and it was on Pokemon stadium, the fire stage was up too and we were on opposite sides waiting for it to go back to normal, usally you do stuff like taunt and other stuff to get the opponent to come to the other side, so I taunted with Jigglypuff and he just Foward Smashes me and kills me. T_T

But that was a long time ago and I'm not a noob anymore, but ever since then I've always been careful in future matches that I never fall for that again.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
Okay, my worst death was on one of the Donkey Kong stages. Can't remember what it's called right now, but it's the orange one with the river under it.

Anyway! I was either Fox or Peach, and my friends were Samus, Link, and Shiek. Anyway, I was making a recovery from a misplace A-down when a crocodile hit me and I went down. -_-;; Luckily, it was not my last stock. I think I placed 2nd. Our Samus guy is insanely good. I've only beaten him once.

Oddly enough, on the next DK stage, I killed a crocodile in mid-air. Everyone clapped.

WolfenLegend

Smash Apprentice
Team match: Temple; Falco (me), C. Falcon vs Samus, Link; I grab Link and just when I throw him upwards in the bottom part of Temple, Samus punches me but i recovered with R.

So, I dodge their attacks, I almost managed to get them KO'd and when I'm in the middle of both of them, I do his va attack, succesfully hitting only link, while samus tried to grab me. So, I dodged it and they kept trying to get me, while my stupid friend wasn't doing **** cause he got pissed at me in the middle of the game.

Finally Link grabs me with his ****ty hookshot, while the ***** of Samus does her B attack, and with the 217% damage I have, they double-whammied me and KO'd me. Now that's *****y to the extreme level. What a ****load of ****...And they had more dmg than me to begin with! While I was at 2, they were at 100. Then Falcon didnt even help me, so I got to 150 %, then this happened...>_>

P.S. Damage Ratio was 2.0, so I was lucky to even get through all of that.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Meh was fighting with a friend and two times I killed myself trying to be flashy. 1st, I missed a Fair with Mario and ended up dying before him. 2nd. Missed a Dair with Falco and he spiked me to my death. Yeah, the second one has to be my worst...

Top Bottom