• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst video game ever?

paperboy

Smash Ace
Big Rigs: Over the Road racing is LITERALLY the worst game ever.

THE PLOT

You are a truck driver. Choose your truck, then choose from one of 5 tracks and race against others and advoid getting busted from the law. Why are the cops chasing you? Because you're delivering cocaine/pot/insert illegal drug here.

THE GAMEPLAY

There is no cargo. There are no cops. You can clip through everything. THE OTHER TRUCK DOESN'T MOVE. No matter what you do...

You can't even push the other truck through. You clip right through it. Not only that, but the supposededly 5th level doesn't even load. It just crashes the game. If you want to buy this game, I would only pay $-500. It's that bad.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Originally posted by paperboy
Choose your truck, then choose from one of 5 tracks and race against others and advoid getting busted from the law. Why are the cops chasing you? Because you're delivering cocaine/pot/insert illegal drug here.
WTF, how is it rated E if you're transporting drugs?

The developer and publisher of that game need to be shot.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
lmfao, I love Quest 64, Chameleon Twist, the 3D Gex N64 games, and Mischief Makers.

Like, I like them alot.

Anyways, there's way too many bad N64 games to list just a few.

NES: What was that one game called? Dungeons and Towers? Dark Tower? something, it's really really really awful. It doesn't end, either, as far as I know.

SNES: Personally, I'd say Lemmings, because I still have no clue how to play the game. But unbiased, maybe Ballz (although it was funny, and had a wonderful theme song).

Sega Genesis: I really don't know! I enjoyed most of the games I ever played on Genesis, and the crappy ones, I can't remember any names.

N64: Hmm...That ****ing chess game with the Norse lady and the fish, god, that sucked. I didn't like Iggy's Wrecking Balls much, either, or The Blues Brothers, or Astro's Bowling or whatever, or Hercules, or Blast Corps.

PS1: Any of those press-the-button-when-the-game-tells-you-to games, except for Parappa the Rapper, because Parappa the Rapper rocks.

PS2: Who knows? Devil May Cry 2 is the worst one I've played.

s0c*

Smash Apprentice
Blast Radius for PS1 is the worst game ive ever played. You acually have to earn 2-player mode, not to mention its only possible to save your game every hour or so. The difficulty level is ridiculous as well.

paperboy

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Crouching Shiek, Hidden Dragon
WTF, how is it rated E if you're transporting drugs?

The developer and publisher of that game need to be shot.
They got lazy and decided to transport INVISIBLE drugs. Check it out

*notice the brake lights floating off the truck.*

Let me see if I can find the company's website.

Edit: Found it I love how the contact page is 404'd

yoshii

Smash Ace
Circus Caper for NES.
You got hit twice and you had to start from the begging, didnt matter how far into the game you were. The game as a whole sucked too.

HoboCop

Smash Rookie
worts game ever

I have to say that i have 2 worst game evers.The first one which came to my mind was Shaq Fu (a fighting game with Shaquille O'niel in it, for Genesis and NES) The A.I was cheap and the controls were bad

then that got me thinking, another bad fighting game was Mortal combat advance (for GBA) the computers in that game did all the special moves on you and you cant do anything about it.

bodyguard380

Smash Journeyman
i liked jedi power battle :)

the worse game i ever played was... SUPERMAN 64. that was the biggest piece of crapola i ever played. it was so boring and you to fly through rings to get through the city??? when does superman EVER have to fly through rings? so i thought ok one player mode kicks the bucket lets try multiplayer.... it was worse then the main game.

atmagamer

Smash Ace
being a HUGE fan of the fallout series (great rpg), i picked up the newest fallout that just came out, and the 1st one for a console system (the rest were for PC) and it was horrible. They took all the strategy and took out character development and freedom, and made it a hack and slash (more like mow down with a minigun) where it was so linear.........it was so stupid, and now that BLACKISLE ( a division under interplay) was recently put down we will never get to see the real fallout 3.......oh...wel...:(

Donkey Kong Dude

Smash Ace
A very bad game was that Clayfighter 63 1/3 or whatever. I beat that game in 10 minutes when I was 7 years old, I rented it. I remember unlocking Earthworm Jim and kicking all kinds of @$$. The Clayfighter for SNES was pretty cool, I guess. But the series overall is VERY weird. I was always a fan on Earthworm Jim like on the SNES and Sega Saturn, they were pretty cool, and I still play them on GBA today. Another horrible game would be DBZ Ultimate Battle 22 for PS1. Not dissing the series, but with Budokai on the selves already, it was awful. No objective or point to the game, even though, it did feature a few cool characters.Remember the Tournament? the announcer talks and japanese and his Mic is not plugged in, hes yelling out a bunch of japanese and hes talking to nobody, even though you can hear him. I don't know, weird stuff....

Nemesis Enforcer

Smash Journeyman
Ugh..Clayfighter sucked. I remember I was so excited when I was but a young lad. I thought Mr. Frosty would be so cool; that game is slow, cheap, ugly. I'm having flashbacks...

One game I played that was horrible was some surfing game for the PS2, Transworld Surf, I think? I had one of those 30 day rental things from Blockbuster when they used to do that promotion, and all they had left was that poop, so I rented it and returned it almost immediately. Horrible!

Xija

Smash Cadet
hmm...Godai for PS2 was absolutely horrible, along with Evergrace. Those two are the worst I have ever played

CloudKid2k4

Smash Lord
im not sure if anybody has done this but.....(believe it or not my bro dared me to play so i did.) Hey you pikachu for the n64.worst game of all time that I HAVE PLAYEd. i hear ET for the atari was much worse. Teh game was stupid to begin with and then i said "hey pikachu! go grab that apple" and then its stupid self goes and tried to thunder a magneton. pure stupidity.

bodyguard380

Smash Journeyman
they now have a game out thats played through voice command like hey you pikachu. but most of the responses dont work the way you want them to. you could tell her walk to the table and pick up the key but shed just say ok im gonna run. then she runs in circles.

Fourside

Smash Ace
Originally posted by CloudKid2k4
I hear ET for the atari was much worse.
And it is. I don't think you can get anything worse than that game, because there really isn't. Not even Superman 64 can match the pure nastyness of this piece of crap.
E. T. the Extraterrestrial gets the award for worst game ever made.

At least Pong was fun, while this dung will bore and waste all your time, while you could be doing much better stuff, like staring at the ceiling.

If you ever find a copy, please take a dump on it, wipe yourself with the box or the catridge, and burn to ashes.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Originally posted by Mailorder
I always liked geography, that explains why I enjoyed playing Where the **** is Carmen Sandiego so much.
That was the best **** computer game ever. There are so many good Carmen games out there now. Their most recent one had a great user interface. You should check it out.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
The Pokemon Channel. THIS SHOULDNT EVEN QUALIFY AS A GAME!!! you watch your gcn, and unlock things. How? by watching crap.

Here's one game:

The Egg Channel: An egg will hatch in ten minutes. watch the egg.

I kid you not you have to watch that egg do nothing for ten minutes, and then you have to wait till tomorrow (a REAL day, like animal crossing) to watch another episode of nothing.

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
C: Contra Adventure.. Now that game was crappy, It didn't feel like Contra, the weapons lacked the punch the weapons used to have on the " better " Contra games, also you could take more than one hit before dying, not the Contra I know at all, and the graphics in that game were terrible too, worst game I've played.

CloudKid2k4

Smash Lord
im sorry but i think i found another nominee. I just played Pac-mn fever for the ps2. for those who dont know what it is its just a wannabe Mario party with Tekken, PacMan, and Soul Caliburr characters. oh yah there some gilr but i dont know who she is. Anyway you have NO control over the game. let me tell you how "fun" this game is. (it says on the back "an extremely outrageously fun party game!") You get a board where you have no choice but to go one direction. wow some logic there but the spaes are supposed to make up for it right? well thats another thing too. you dont get to choose how many spaces you go. If you get first place. you move ahead 5 spaces. secnond 3. and so forth. So i WON first place on soem stupid piece of crap mini game and i landed on a Pop back space. (oh yah these send yo uback 7-10 spaces) Then they have tokens too. So i had 40 tokens and i landed on a chance wheel. You "never know hwat your gonna get" well actually you do. It ALWAYS lands on LOSE TOKENS or GAIN TOKENS. Which actually tokens dont matter. Then i went from 74 spaces back. (thats near athe beginning) to winning cuz the game is so crappy. I suggest you avoid this game at all costs and if someone offers yuou to play it jjust look in a complete opposite direction and press X alot. i gurannteed you will have good chance of iwnning.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
okay i got another game that isn't necesaryly the "worst" game, but it was the most dissapointing one I ever brought (and i think you will agree.) What is this game?....

THE BOUNCER.

anyone remember this? when it first came out we were all like "HOLY CRAP! look at me grab that weapon, it's like a jackie chan movie!, OH it's also made my squaresoft, this gotta be good!" And what did you get? a game that takes you 1 hour to beat, and about 4 hours to get everything. And i understand that some good games are short, but this game was bad! Gone were the interactive maps! Gone was the unique square touch! How does a janitor droid kill ya? oh, and the moves were annoying to pull off. What saves this game:

when you're playing multiplayer, if you win with one character, the game says in the coolest voice: "Duragon C. Mikado" now a name that good cant be in a bad game.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I would say ET for Atari but I never played it.

The worst game I've played was Rise of the Robots (SNES). It may have probably the best graphics next to the Donkey Kong Country series, but that's the only good thing about it. This crappy fighting game is like Street Fighter 2 except no specials, one combo, pumped-up graphics, and all the fun taken out.

bodyguard380

Smash Journeyman
:eek: :crazy: :sleep: sounds horrible. and like a waste of money. not to mention boring. but to get to another day all you would have to do is change your your gcn settings. unless it knows you did it. :eek:

JoshuaTree

Smash Rookie
My vote goes to - Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage.

This abortion of a game is probably the reason Nintendo took so long to put out any RPG's. The graphics are..........Well, see for yourself:

CloudKid2k4

Smash Lord
OMG, i just found my atari and i went to a garage sale and they had ET! So i said to myself. this game is said to be the worst of all time. So i had to get my own opinon and now well.... I warn all that if you ever run into this piece of crap let your dog crap on it and then hit it with an old softball bat at your enemy. czu this game is without a doubt the owrst game i have EVER played.

and maybe we oculd get a voting system going on like someone keeps track of our votes nad we actually see what the worst game of all time is.

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
Yes, E.T is very bad. What were they thinking? Anyway, Elmos number parade for n64 was extremely bad. I have only seen a review(in which it scored 3%) and it just looks like trash.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Universal Studio Tour on GC. Worst. Game. Ever. I wouldn't mind getting a copy of ET for nostalgia value though.

guitarhero

Smash Cadet
I would have to say that the worst game I ever played was Iggy's Wreckin' Balls for the N64.

The concept was just dumb: bounce around on a track racing some other balls, using just the control stick just never appealed to me.

tissue

Smash Ace
Shrek: Extra Large. Huge waste of a Christmas gift. The game graphics suck, and the game itself plays like an N64 game, NOT a GameCube game.

Dapenda

Smash Champion
I agree w/ one of the previous posts that Starfox Adventures was one crappy game, that game is so **** hard to sell on ebay, no one wants to buy the **** thing

I got so sick on the characters in the game crying, whining (that **** triceretops) and making me do stupid ***, annoying as **** errands

but ya, that Big Rigs game is crappiest recorded game u can find on gamespot, they gave it a score of 1.0

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/bigrigsotrr/index.html?q=

Nic64

Smash Lord
I remember there being a where's waldo game on SNES, that'd probably be it.

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Worst game? That's a tough call, but I'd probably say either of the games in The Land Before Time series. Don't get me wrong, as a child I thought the movies rocked (at least the first one, maybe the second, but the rest were lackluster), but the games just... Blow!

The 2 games I played were The Land Before Time - Return to the Great Valley

and The Land Before Time - Great Valley Racing Adventure

These games are strictly for young children (I was helping my little sisters you see, or I'd never touch the games), but the controls are much too poor for such young minds to grasp.

In both games the graphics are terrible, the controls were blocky, and the sounds were irritating (hearing Petrey say the same things over and over drove me mad). The cutscenes weren't bad (since they features the voices from the movies), but besides that the games were really bad. I would not recommend these games to anyone, at any price (giving it to someone as a gift for free is an insult).

So yeah, these games blow, even though the 1st movie rocked for it's time (it was the 80s, so alot of you whippersnappers might not know about it).

80s cartoon movie nostalgia at it's best (if only I were 6 again). :)

(GreatSaiyaKirby was here)

gareths23

Smash Apprentice
Most. Boring. Game. Ever

One of the worst games I have ever played was
"Rugrats: Scavenger Hunt".
I swear this is one of the most boring games ever.
A few years ago me and my cousen had my N64 at our nans place, and we decided to go down to the store and rent a game, when we got there, I was feeling open minded and rented this piece of crap.

First off, this is mario party rip off. You spin a spinner thing, and move the number of spaces you spun, and if you land on a cookie space, you get cookies (which if you eat all your cookies, you lose 1 turn). It takes like, 10 minutes before all the other babies have taken their turn, then, its your turn again, no mini game or an excuse to even touch the control stick. To win, you need to collect these statues things. And thats it! This boring gameplay and horrid graphics span across all 3 identical gameboards.

This piece of poo is a complete waste of anyones time, and it wont be long until the boring levels, crappy graphics, almost-as-fun-as-watching-paint-dry gameplay, annoying music and TERRIBLE voices will give you the biggest migrain ever.

Avoid this game at all costs!

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
I dont think Starfox adventures should be dubbed as the worst game ever. O.K it was bad but it did provide some enjoyment (like when I turned the game off after frustration)
Duel Hereos and War Gods for the Nintendo 64 should not be bought by anyone under any circumstance.God, dont even look at the box, it might cause blindness. Duel Heroes would have to be the absolute WORST fighting game ever. I swear, this makes Clayfighter look like Super Smash bros melee. War gods was a little better than Duel Heroes but it still completely sucked. What were the game designers thinking?

Top Bottom