• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSmasher64

Smash Cadet
@Senario, you are quite right. I was off base from the thread's topic, but if you read further down I already admitted to that and bowed out of the conversation. As such, I'm gonna limit myself on my rebuttal and simply say that I don't want or need people to prioritize the same things I do. It'd be nice, though, for people to be considerate and think about the fact that the game isn't being made just for them.

@ SuperSmasher64 SuperSmasher64 , and here I thought we had ended our conversation like gentlemen. First off, it's Oz, not "toady." Secondly, I sincerely apologize if my commentary or presentation left a bad impression, but I'll stick by what I said til my dying day. (is that "flared up" enough for you?)

In conclusion, let me make a comment that does, indeed, keep up with this thread's purpose: The worst part of the Smash 4 game for me is that the 3DS version only has 2 soundtracks per stage. That, I am genuinely disappointed by.
Sure, whatever. I agree with your 3ds complaint, by the way. Anyways, Oz, just take your win. You're obvs one of those posters who will constantly spam until they have the last laugh.I apologize if my statement a: offended you and b: Gave you the urge to come back, as I recall you saying you weren't. :) Welcome back.

Edit: Any reply you make to this will be read, but ignored. I joined Smashboards to converse with fellow smash players, not get flamed by someone who thinks they're correct all the time. So replying is pointless, thank you, and have a pleasant day :)

Edit: "Toady?" Wow, I really apologize for that, I meant Toad. Oh well.

Last Edit: Enough about this "Let's stop thinking the game is for just for 1 person" thing. Nintendo, and alot of other companies are known to listen to their fans. If the fans don't say or do anything, will they know what to do? If they make a game that is completely offensive and rude overall, will YOU buy it? Nintendo has really been listening to the smash players alot. You wouldn't believe how much Little Mac, and the Killager were wanted into smash. Alot of people wanted Pacman, but If Namco is working on it and it wasn't getting pacman...Idek. But anyways, They listen to us. Complaints or not, Nintendo cares about what the smashers have to say. Sure we may annoy them with our complaints at times, but we're heard. Even if we don't get answered, all any gaming community wants is to be heard. So don't think I'm bashing you or anything, I'm not. (Though you may take it that way.) Also...if the new smash doesn't save the white leapfrog/Wii u, idk what will. So you KNOW they're going to listen to us. Try asking them about Issac if you can. Or better yet, why don't we all spam them to give the 3ds more music - -;; (2 tracks...what do they think this is, Melee portable? Competitives don't kill me for that.)

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Really, do we have to attack people and call them out for not liking 'fun' because they don't like stages you like? Sheesh.
I'm calling him out because he's saying that the game's laden with 'gimmicky stages' when there's clearly a higher number of featureless stages on both games.

SuperSmasher64

Smash Cadet
I'm calling him out because he's saying that the game's laden with 'gimmicky stages' when there's clearly a higher number of featureless stages on both games.
He's just trying to put out the fire..you two should make up and play smash on Netplay or something lol.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Would have to say stage hazards/bosses. From what I've seen with the Yellow Devil, they will appear often, I'd rather an option to turn them off/on at will.
Also I know that there is a lot of gripe over customizable move sets being outlawed in most online play and I agree with that. That takes a huge chunk of fun out of the move sets, why should I be inclined to make a customized moveset if I can use it against friends? Which leads to my 3rd point.

The devs should implement a message system between friends within the game so it is easier for people to connect and play with friends, because my experience in trying to connect with friends in Mario Kart 8 was terrible, had to resort to outside communication to set up a race. Unless they implement some sort of communication than this will be the worst aspect of Sm4sh, however it is too early to tell.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Sure, whatever. I agree with your 3ds complaint, by the way. Anyways, Oz, just take your win. You're obvs one of those posters who will constantly spam until they have the last laugh.I apologize if my statement a: offended you and b: Gave you the urge to come back, as I recall you saying you weren't. :) Welcome back.

Edit: Any reply you make to this will be read, but ignored. I joined Smashboards to converse with fellow smash players, not get flamed by someone who thinks they're correct all the time. So replying is pointless, thank you, and have a pleasant day :)

Edit: "Toady?" Wow, I really apologize for that, I meant Toad. Oh well.
... I wish there was an emoticon for the face I'm making right now. It's something akin to a confused puffer fish. I honestly don't know how we digressed to this point. For the record, my intent was never to "flame" but to merely defend my position, so I was a little offended by your comment when it suddenly became obvious to me that you merely wanted to shut me up. Now, I'll admit that I struggle when it comes to having the final word (see: this post), but that's mainly because I hate to leave a conversation on a negative note. I came back because it was obvious you consider me a nuisance and I wanted to defend myself, but I suppose I haven't done much to dispel that impression if your reply to me is any indication. At least we managed to agree on one thing: a disappointing lack of music love for the 3DS.

So, basically, I'm sorry. Whether you reply or not, or accept my apology or not, at least I know that I tried to make myself understood and smooth things out. (cuz leaving on a sour note is like an itch, and I can't stand it)

SuperSmasher64

Smash Cadet
... I wish there was an emoticon for the face I'm making right now. It's something akin to a confused puffer fish. I honestly don't know how we digressed to this point. For the record, my intent was never to "flame" but to merely defend my position, so I was a little offended by your comment when it suddenly became obvious to me that you merely wanted to shut me up. Now, I'll admit that I struggle when it comes to having the final word (see: this post), but that's mainly because I hate to leave a conversation on a negative note. I came back because it was obvious you consider me a nuisance and I wanted to defend myself, but I suppose I haven't done much to dispel that impression if your reply to me is any indication. At least we managed to agree on one thing: a disappointing lack of music love for the 3DS.

So, basically, I'm sorry. Whether you reply or not, or accept my apology or not, at least I know that I tried to make myself understood and smooth things out. (cuz leaving on a sour note is like an itch, and I can't stand it)
Eh, I apologize too. Let's just end this here with a respectful truce. Because this: Is us, nobody's gonna win.

Edit: A gif was supposed to appear at "This:" It had Spiderman and Magneto swatting at eachother, with the words "Internet Fight" flashing. We're both obviously too witty to get a successful checkmate.

Last edited:

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
There's a much higher amount of 'competitive' stages on this game than stages that people like me love, like Spear Pillar or Rainbow Cruise, so shut up, for people like me who like those kinds of stages, there's only Wily's Castle, 3D Land, N's Castle, Halberd (This one's a strech since most of it doesn't have any hazards and when there are hazards, they're very tame), Balloon Fight, Find Mii, Palutena's Temple, Pac-Land...and that's pretty much it.
Cool now list all these featureless stages you speak there are so much of for the 3DS version.

Last edited:

SuperWiiFitTrainer64

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrianYauger
3DS FC
2251-5824-0397
Some more love for the Donkey Kong series would be nice. Whether be stages or newcomers. (Ideally both). I can't judge on the gameplay because I've never played it and a video won't do it justice for me.

And no Mewtwo yet...that makes me sad.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The worst things to me are as follow:

-The one Donkey Kong stage we've seen is a past stage, and IMO Kongo Jungle (Melee) is a better stage than it. On top of that, I think Congo Jungle 64 is vastly superior to it. But hey, at least it's not Rumble Falls or 75M.

-The first Kirby stage we got is The Haleberd. Fountain of Dreams and Dreamland 64 IMO are the #2 and #1 Kirby stages. But hey, at least Haleberd is still a good stage.

-We still don't have Metal Caverns as a stage you can select from the stage select screen in any official smash game is AN OUTRAGE!!!

-Past stages are probably exclusive to each game, which sucks.

-The fear that we won't get all of the good past stages as DLC. My favorite past stages in Peach's Castle 64, Congo Jungle 64, Hyrule Castle, Dream Land 64, Saffron City, Metal Caverns, Rainbow Cruise/Ride, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokémon Stadium 1, Mute City, Onett, Final Destination (Melee), Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Skyworld, Smashville, Battlefield (Brawl; well it kinda lives on with Smash 4's Battlefield design being almost entirely the same), the SSE Stadium (it should be it's own stage; the one with the 2 side platforms), and the Tabbu Fight Area all might not return.

That sucks IMO.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
NO, JUST NO. SHUT UP.
The worst part of Smash4? The Ridley teasing and the overall community, everything else looks ridiculously good.
This. As someone who frequents GameFaqs, I can't take the Ridley hate. Let people be happy.

Shokio, I'm looking at you.

Booster

Smash Lord

-The one Donkey Kong stage we've seen is a past stage, and IMO Kongo Jungle (Melee) is a better stage than it. On top of that, I think Congo Jungle 64 is vastly superior to it. But hey, at least it's not Rumble Falls or 75M.

-The first Kirby stage we got is The Haleberd. Fountain of Dreams and Dreamland 64 IMO are the #2 and #1 Kirby stages. But hey, at least Haleberd is still a good stage.

-We still don't have Metal Caverns as a stage you can select from the stage select screen in any official smash game is AN OUTRAGE!!!

-The fear that we won't get all of the good past stages as DLC. My favorite past stages in Peach's Castle 64, Congo Jungle 64, Hyrule Castle, Dream Land 64, Saffron City, Metal Caverns, Rainbow Cruise/Ride, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokémon Stadium 1, Mute City, Onett, Final Destination (Melee), Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Skyworld, Smashville, Battlefield (Brawl; well it kinda lives on with Smash 4's Battlefield design being almost entirely the same), the SSE Stadium (it should be it's own stage; the one with the 2 side platforms), and the Tabbu Fight Area all might not return.

That sucks IMO.
Saffron City is awesome (Not the Project M one)

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
How is everyone not up in arms over how Nintendo's banning custom moves online? I take it you must already be planning to ban them in tourneys so 'muh meta' isn't too complicated?

Booster

Smash Lord
How is everyone not up in arms over how Nintendo's banning custom moves online? I take it you must already be planning to ban them in tourneys so 'muh meta' isn't too complicated?
They're pretty pointless, it's not necessarily the worst part of Super Smash Bros 4, but rather the most pointless part of Smash 4.

Edit: An overlooked thing is the fact 3DS' Screen is only at 240P, yuck! For 240P it looks okay.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This. As someone who frequents GameFaqs, I can't take the Ridley hate. Let people be happy.
As someone who posted on GameFAQs a lot back in the date (under various aliases), let me kindly ask you to stop, for your own sake. It drove me crazy. I imagine it is doing that to you.
I made the most watched Brawl character prediction video (the only reason that happened is because mine had good picks generally speaking; some of them look lulsy in hindsight; still can't believe that video got more than 200 views, let along more than 150,000), and on the comments all Shokio would do back in the day is keep typing "Sonic sucks and is boring and not unique, he won't be in, but Waluigi will because he's awesome and unique."

LOL when Sonic got confirmed around the same time Waluigi got deconfirmed the sky fell on him, lol!!!!

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
As someone who posted on GameFAQs a lot back in the date (under various aliases), let me kindly ask you to stop, for your own sake. It drove me crazy. I imagine it is doing that to you.

I made the most watched Brawl character prediction video (the only reason that happened is because mine had good picks generally speaking; some of them look lulsy in hindsight; still can't believe that video got more than 200 views, let along more than 150,000), and on the comments all Shokio would do back in the day is keep typing "Sonic sucks and is boring and not unique, he won't be in, but Waluigi will because he's awesome and unique."

LOL when Sonic got confirmed around the same time Waluigi got deconfirmed the sky fell on him, lol!!!!
Shokio is still salty on Sonic, if you see his new videos.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Shokio is still salty on Sonic, if you see his new videos.
Eh it's not worth giving him the views for, lol.
It is only banned "With Anyone", along with all 3 Mii Fighter characters.

If you play "With Friends", it is allowed as an option, and you can freely play as the 3 Mii Fighter characters whenever.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43

That sucks IMO.
Yeah, we really need to see Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Metal Caverns, Yoshi's Story, and Fountain of Dreams to make a comeback. Hopefully we'll at least get a good Stage Builder so we can recreate our past favorites and share them via Miiverse.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Saffron City is awesome (Not the Project M one)
The only difference in the Project M version is no Pokémon randomly spawning.

Oh, that reminds me of something else we need: a stage hazard on/off switch.

That's stupid that we don't have that. I think that takes away the chance of Tortimer Island being legal in tournaments out of the equation (via the fruit and spawn camping).
Yeah, we really need to see Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Metal Caverns, Yoshi's Story, and Fountain of Dreams to make a comeback. Hopefully we'll at least get a good Stage Builder so we can recreate our past favorites and share them via Miiverse.
Honestly, this is going to sound naive, but I don't see why we couldn't just get every past stage as DLC for both games.

They don't take up that much memory (with music they'd take up around 5-ish GB's tops on the WiiU and probably 1 GB tops on the 3DS [SD card]).

I also wish we'd get the stages exclusive to Smash WiiU and Smash 3DS on each both games (or at least Smash WiiU) later on.

Last edited:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
For fun not allowing fd. Seriously, who's idea was that?
Probably someone who watched:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7gmds2njg

And then just came up with some conclusions, ticked off a few boxes, then they clocked off to lunch and went about their day not caring.

ALT scenario:

The FD forms of all stages will have a random chance of appearing if you just click Random Stage, meaning you have a much higher chance of playing FD in the totally random setup that For Fun has. Hence the ban.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
-Stage bosses.

-The amount of differences between the two versions.
Smash Run is only on 3DS. HRC is only on 3DS. And there are so many stages I want from the 3DS in the WiiU version and vice-versa.

-The name
I'm gonna miss saying "Do you wanna melee?" or "Do you wanna brawl?" Now it's gonna be like "Do you wanna smash?" or "Do you wanna play Super Smash Bros. For the WiiU?" >_>

Berrial

Smash Cadet
Mario is exactly the same as he was, no changes were made.
I WANT A MARIO REVAMP.:confused:
(Why dont we get to choose Fludd modes? Rocket Fludd, Jet Fludd, and Hover Fludd. That would be cool.)

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Mario is exactly the same as he was, no changes were made.
I WANT A MARIO REVAMP.:confused:
(Why dont we get to choose Fludd modes? Rocket Fludd, Jet Fludd, and Hover Fludd. That would be cool.)
I've hear people say he's just sped up more then the other characters and is actually really good, maybe even top tier potential.

HyperiorV

Smash Rookie
The name, the lack of "real" advertising (as in on tv, etc), the lack of information about the WiiU's gamemodes and stuff that's gonna make players buy the WiiU version over the 3DS one. Timing of Stage bosses

Not that much really after that, It's too early to tell.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Is it too much of a nitpick that I have a problem with all of the reused music and voices from Brawl? Most of the characters have the exact same lines with the exceptions of Pit, Fox, and Sonic, and only a few characters like Bowser and Rosalina got new/remixed renditions of previous victory themes, while everyone else has the Brawl versions. Maybe these were just placeholders for the E3 demo, but it has me concerned, since one of my favorite parts of every new Smash Bros. game is all of the awesome Nintendo remixes.

Also, Mario still has FLUDD for no good reason. Would adding back the Mario Tornado, renaming it to the Star Spin and adding sparkle effects really be too much to ask?

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I feel all negative threads should be banned, so this place can be full of jelly beans and lollipops.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
1) The Gematsu Leak. The fact that this was seemingly worshiped by alot of members of the community was quite annoying since anytime you'd mention hoping for a character not listed you'd have to hear about how only the characters in the leak would be coming. I really love the Lucina/Robin Reveal not only for the characters, but for killing this leak for all but a few diehard believers, who seem content to make whatever excuses possible to keep it on its last breath.

2) Sakurai's Ridley Trolling. Either he's a boss on PyroSphere as hinted at or Sakurai purposely trolled us by tossing out a Red Herring..either way, he needs to either confirm Ridley as a Boss or a Playable Character and stop dragging this out..its been about a year now since the first tease and several months since the second larger tease..Normally I love Sakurai teasing and trolling, but with how many times I have to hear the 'Ridley will be Playable!' 'Ridley is too big' 'Nuh uh' 'Uh huh' comments, its getting really annoying..I don't care about Ridley at all..I just want him revealed as a Boss or Character so we can all move on.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The Gematsu leaks existing in the first place. Not really that accurate anyways.

Sleepy_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarrKnight
3DS FC
4639-9220-1156

Just watched that video the other day. -_-

Not really much I can hate on but my biggest complaint is Fox's new "Leeeeeeeyund Maaeeeesterrrrrr!" Don't really see why they changed his voice to that.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Oh, right, I almost forgot my hatred for Fox's new high pitched StarFox 64 3D voice in Smash 4..its the worst voice I've heard in a Nintendo game in years..I miss his Assault, Adventures, or Brawl voices..

D

Deleted member

Bosses on stages(Sometimes), the Ridley tease, and the fact that it's not released yet so I can't play it right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Booster

Smash Lord
Oh, right, I almost forgot my hatred for Fox's new high pitched StarFox 64 3D voice in Smash 4..its the worst voice I've heard in a Nintendo game in years..I miss his Assault, Adventures, or Brawl voices..
I personally prefer in Project M Patt Edition how he doesn't say anything when he summons the Landmaster, let the giant laser firing tank speak for itself

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I have to agree with some of the vocal choices being annoying. I can understand Sonic since that's the new voice actor for the series and possibly Fox since who knows maybe that's the new voice actor for the upcoming Star Fox game. But some of those voices were just utter annoying. Greninja wouldn't shut up with his hit pitch obnoxious- ending rant there.

The WORST part of Super Smash Brothers Wii U and 3DS is that the release dates got pushed back a few months. We could all be playing the 3DS version right now.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I have to agree with some of the vocal choices being annoying. I can understand Sonic since that's the new voice actor for the series and possibly Fox since who knows maybe that's the new voice actor for the upcoming Star Fox game. But some of those voices were just utter annoying. Greninja wouldn't shut up with his hit pitch obnoxious- ending rant there.

The WORST part of Super Smash Brothers Wii U and 3DS is that the release dates got pushed back a few months. We could all be playing the 3DS version right now.
I actually consider Sonic's voice to be an improvement. I love Roger Craig Smith's slighty deeper take on Sonic's voice, though 'Now I'll Show You' does sound better then 'Super Sonic Time!'
As for Fox, I'm pretty sure its just his old StarFox 64 voice..unless StarFox 64 3D had a replacement VA that just sounded the same.
I pray they don't reuse that voice for StarFox U..

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I actually consider Sonic's voice to be an improvement. I love Roger Craig Smith's slighty deeper take on Sonic's voice, though 'Now I'll Show You' does sound better then 'Super Sonic Time!'
As for Fox, I'm pretty sure its just his old StarFox 64 voice..unless StarFox 64 3D had a replacement VA that just sounded the same.
I pray they don't reuse that voice for StarFox U..
It's "Super Sonic style!", not "Super Sonic time!". The quote is from Sonic Generations, right before the final boss.

Also, I kinda wish his new side taunt was "Aw, couldn't keep up?" instead of "Sonic speed!"

As for Greninja, the ninja frog sounds about like I expected. Besides, apparently his VA is the same as Froakie's/Frogadier's VA in the Pokémon anime. And on top of that, you can't pretend his FS isn't just epic. "Gre-nin-JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!"

Edit: On-topic: Worst part about Smash 4? Everyone complaining about how the game is too slow and the balance looks terrible. Especially the complaints about landing lag. Almost every character has at least one lagless or auto-cancelling aerial, many of which can probably be buffered into a grab for a safe approach, and some of which are even kill moves!

Last edited:

ThatGreenAlien

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatgreenalien
It's been said before, all the re-used assets from Brawl. REALLY hoping things like the menu sound effects change by the time we see a newer version of the game.

On a lighter note, the in-battle sound effects are awesome. Love the fluid "woosh" sounds they have this time around.

Last edited:

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
The worst part? Fan entitlement and expectations. It's hard for me to recognize "fans" when all they do is whine about what aspects of the game don't meet their specific desires. I don't blame anyone for wanting something from the game, but to demand it and trash the game/developers if you don't get it? That's silly, at best.

I really want Isaac to be playable. I really want(ed) another story driven adventure mode. I really want the game to be more casual than competitive. However, if I get none of those things, I'm more than willing to enjoy what I do get.
Of course, since the game is going to be free and all.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It's "Super Sonic style!", not "Super Sonic time!". The quote is from Sonic Generations, right before the final boss.

Also, I kinda wish his new side taunt was "Aw, couldn't keep up?" instead of "Sonic speed!"

As for Greninja, the ninja frog sounds about like I expected. Besides, apparently his VA is the same as Froakie's/Frogadier's VA in the Pokémon anime. And on top of that, you can't pretend his FS isn't just epic. "Gre-nin-JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!"

Edit: On-topic: Worst part about Smash 4? Everyone complaining about how the game is too slow and the balance looks terrible. Especially the complaints about landing lag. Almost every character has at least one lagless or auto-cancelling aerial, many of which can probably be buffered into a grab for a safe approach, and some of which are even kill moves!
Roger Craig Smith has to be the best Sonic VA, although Jason Griffith's performance on Sonic Unleashed was AMAZING.
Although I'm pissed off that they're continuing the thread with recent Sonic games of recycling voice clips :c It happened on All-Stars Racing Transformed...
Also, Antony Del Rio's performance as Pit IS AMAZING TOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom