• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
It being released on the Wii U bothers me so much
Lol jk
Nothing bothers me so far really. Localization takes a lot of time though.......

Ascended

Smash Ace
For me, the worst part of Super Smash Bros. 4 is simply the fact that it isn't released yet.

(Honorable mentions to the Gematsu Leak and the Ridley Teasing.)

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'd say a lack of knowing of features. What Single player is like. What the Streetpass function is. What the Wii U exclusive game mode is, if any. Is there a Stage Editor? Photo/Video sharing? Online co-op for Single Player Modes/Event Mode? Online Trading for Stickers/Trophies? These are things that last time around, by this point in the game's hype cycle we had a modicum of knowledge about. While we have a very good grasp on the roster and stages this time around (mostly), we're missing a lot of the entrails of what makes Smash enjoyable for a lot of people, the side content.

Also, the Stages in the Wii U version pale creatively versus the 3DS version, and makes me hope for the 3DS stages being unlockable in the Wii U version.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
The worst part?

All the people BEGGING for Ridley and King K. Rool to be put in the game. Guys, I'm sorry, but its not gonna happen.

Doesn't anyone remember the Direct, where Sakurai hinted at Ridley being a mini boss in one of the Metroid stages, similar to The Yellow Devil? And King K. Rool? What?

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
The worst part?

All the people BEGGING for Ridley and King K. Rool to be put in the game. Guys, I'm sorry, but its not gonna happen.

Doesn't anyone remember the Direct, where Sakurai hinted at Ridley being a mini boss in one of the Metroid stages, similar to The Yellow Devil? And King K. Rool? What?
Well this just going to turn into the old unpopular opinion thread with flame wars.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
that has never been confirmed or denied.
don't understand why everyone is assuming that.
Yeah, it hasn't been confirmed or denied but FD stages basically serve the purpose of forgoing stage hazards thus eliminating the need for an option to turn off stage hazards. I do need not see Sakurai implementing this feature.

You're getting ahead of yourself here. By a lot, in fact. The build of the game at Best Buy was an outdated build of the game.
The Din's Fire change wasn't a buff at all and this was evident when the PotD featuring this change was revealed. It received a power upgrade but added power does not improve the move. At the Demo, the Phantom Knight proved inaffectual and barely improved Zelda's approach options - something that she is poorly lacking.

It may be an older build but, when the game comes out, the possibility exists that Zelda will largely remain the same as in the Demo. That's why I'm pointing out the obvious that Zelda is still weak competitively as of the Demo. With hope, Sakurai will acknowledge this and the team will improve on her. But they could also completely overlook her and focus on other areas of the game. So yeah, I'm not getting ahead of myself in any way. I'm stating what I saw wrong with Zelda and pointed out some areas that need to be improved

Well this just going to turn into the old unpopular opinion thread with flame wars.
It basically is. Just keep things civil and don't flame others for their opinion and everything will be pink gold peachy.

Last edited:

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone. Better late than never, but after some discussion there will be a change to this thread:

Your posts must critique an element of Smash 4, not the community around it. Do not use your post as an excuse to bash the community.
The worst part?

Check yo'self before you wreck yo'self This topic is for discussing the game, not the community.

Last edited:

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it hasn't been confirmed or denied but FD stages basically serve the purpose of forgoing stage hazards thus eliminating the need for an option to turn off stage hazards. I do need not see Sakurai implementing this feature.
That is a very valid point.

I guess once you add a 3rd stage harzardless option to the stage selection the original with the hazard serves no purpose.

I just assumed it was to create more versions of the classic 1 v 1 stage. So that way people could still enjoy the other Nintendo franchises and music, but while having a battle on a very neutral stage.

Last edited:
The 3DS version comes out so close to Pokémon OR/AS. I can't alternate between two games like that; I go wild with one at a time! I'm thinking of skipping OR/AS anyway since I never cared for the original Hoenn games; and Smash 4 has been my most wanted game for over a year.

D

Deleted member

Warning Received
This is not a place for character debates...although if it WAS Wii Fit Trainer would be the worst. But anyways, what is the worst part of Smash 4 besides character and stage reveals you dislike? For me, it's the Metroid Other M references, that game DID NOT ****ING HAPPEN, Nintendo NEVER let Team Ninja/Sonic Team's Brother touch the holy Metroid license to **** on it and for Nintendo to have a TON of references to it is as bad as the Sonic 06 level in Sonic Generations, I mean goddamn Nintendo...

Edit by Hong - Your post must not revolve around character reveals or bashing the community.
is it just me or is this one of the worst posts i've read in along time.

Worst part for me is the people complaining about every little thing in Smash 4.

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
The lack of Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Street Fighter Cartoon M. Bison, Vergil, Abobo, Karnov, Shao KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, Batta, Glass, Denning, and Gheb.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
is it just me or is this one of the worst posts i've read in along time.

Worst part for me is the people complaining about every little thing in Smash 4.
The post you're quoting was edited for consisting of bashing the community.

Sooooooooo

Not exactly the best idea to quote it while doing exactly that.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
For me its the cuts. My favorite characters additions in brawl and project M are Ivysaur, Snake, and Squirtle and all of them are in big danger of getting cut. When Brawl came out I was sad that Mewtwo was left out, but I went on without him because brawl had a plethora of other newcomers I care about.

This does not seem to be the case in SSB4. For me personally the new additions don't outweigh the cuts. I really like both Villager and Little Mac, but the rest of the newcomers I simply have no connection or care for. Unless Some of these Veterans aren't cut, or if there are some non-leaked newcomers that I actually care about, I'm going to say that Project M has a better Character roster than SSB4.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The lack of Ness and Mewtwo so far is the worst. Deconfirmation of Pokemon Trainer comes pretty close. I would include Pichu in the first statement except I know Pichu will most likely never return.

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
The worst part is that Mewtwo hasn´t revealed up yet, insteed they shown Greninja.-.- I will be very angry if Mewtwo is out but Mew and Genesect are all in!!!:mad:

Last edited:

TerumiLOLZ

Smash Apprentice
"Lucina is Marth alt"
Too much facepalm it hurts :facepalm:

Oh and I cant use JUMP GLIDE online :c

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
What irks me most about Smash 4 is that as of today, July 14 2014, there seems to be limitless possibilities. Yes, when Chrom got debunked and Lucina and Robin were confirmed that sent shockwaves through the roster speculation. But lets not forget a RAYMAN trophy got lost in today's craziness. That I think, is most ridiculous of all. Where does that go? What does that mean? These endless possibilities are both my greatest frustration and my greatest appreciation. It's insane now, but I'm excited, I'm drinking the kool-aid, and I can't wait much longer.

Booster

Smash Lord
Alright, I have a new thing, it's about Lucina, but it's not a cliche complaint, it's about her graphics: She looks dead and overall devoid of life, she looks terrible and so does Robin and yet Marth and Ike look great. Oh yeah, Chrom and Shulk being debunked too

Last edited:

Senario

Smash Ace
Besides game mechanics for competitive play it really irks me that some chars don't seem to have a good balance philosophy. Think, Palutena and her stupidly far range move. Robin and his weapons breaking and him possibly getting weaker...last one bothers me since he seems pretty slow already and his weapons breaking probably means he will be really bad.

Fluxx

Smash Rookie
Lack of music updates. I want to hear this games soundtrack as much as I want to play it.
Agreed. That rock arrangement of the Ballad of the Sky Goddess was so amazing, I can't wait to finally be able to battle to it and Gusty Garden Galaxy (especially with the FD feature!!)

I'd say the most disappointing, although understandable, thing so far is the month between Japan and American release. I was planning to stop going on sites like this and /r/smashbros the day before the game came out, so when it came out I could play it for hours until I unlocked everything, getting hyped over the secret characters myself. But it's not feasible to do that for a month so I will just find the spoilers online I guess.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Wow, OP, I like how you're like "No talking about characters, BUT LET ME TELL YOU ALL WHO MY LEAST FAVORITE IS SO I GET THE LAST WORD." Pretty cool.

Anyway...

Worst part is probably the lack of revealed stages that are competitively viable. There's a bit of a shortage. Don't get me wrong, I love Big Blue and Rainbow Cruise and all the crazy stages for fun, but I spend most of my time on neutral stages, so I'd like to at least have a decent number of them in the new game. I'm sure they'll be there, but we haven't seen many yet, so it's just a lingering concern.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Wow, OP, I like how you're like "No talking about characters, BUT LET ME TELL YOU ALL WHO MY LEAST FAVORITE IS SO I GET THE LAST WORD." Pretty cool.

Anyway...

Worst part is probably the lack of revealed stages that are competitively viable. There's a bit of a shortage. Don't get me wrong, I love Big Blue and Rainbow Cruise and all the crazy stages for fun, but I spend most of my time on neutral stages, so I'd like to at least have a decent number of them in the new game. I'm sure they'll be there, but we haven't seen many yet, so it's just a lingering concern.
That's probably why Sakurai's group made a Final Destination variant of All the stages.

I'm still waiting for a Battlefield, Midair Stadium, and Smashville variant.

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
The fluctuation of quality in new-commers: From megaman, one of the highest points in the series, to 100+ FE characters almost no one cares about...so bad

Also no combos = No fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom