• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst move in the entire game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
Sing. You will never hit anyone, because it's slow and has a really bad hitbox. If you do (hallelujah), and you didn't ledgecancel it, the will punish you unless you hit them at really high %, because they can move before you wake up. And it does 0 damage. 0.

Also Mario's and Jiggs D-tilt are really, really bad. Punishable, laggy, don't combo and never kill. You'll better never use them.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Sing is true failure, unless you "hit" at the very last chance you got, you'll end up getting smashed off-screen or any other viable strategy that could own you. You're just inviting the opponent to SH and land a free hit.

Zeus.

Smash Rookie
I am going to go a little different thinking. I am not sure that it is the same but the worst "move" in my opinion has to be Ivysaur and Olimar's up + b when trying to recover. It is technically a move, not like Mario's Dtilt that you all are talking about but those two moves are terrible and very easy to gimp so that makes it a bad move in my opinion.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I don't know nothin' about no dtilt from Mario, but the move I most frequently accidently use and follow up with,
"Man, I hate that move,"
is Falco's fair. It sucks real bad.

The_Prince

Smash Cadet
Have any of you actually tried edgeguarding with falco's fair? It's pretty sweet. It's not THAT useless. At least not as useless as mario's or jigg's dtilt and samus' jab...

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
It's got to be sing. It has almost no priority whatsoever.

The problem is it's stupid mechanic. There are three waves and the sleep time dosn't grow after each new one. Your first wave has a 1 frame advantage if your opponent is at 200%. And lower than that and your opponent wakes up before you finish singing.

It can be done out of shield, but thats useless because they will be hit with the first wave. Edge canceling can get punished very easily.

Have any of you actually tried edgeguarding with falco's fair? It's pretty sweet. It's not THAT useless. At least not as useless as mario's or jigg's dtilt and samus' jab...
Jigglypuff's d-tilt is also useless, but you can land it and accualy take damage so its better than sing.

Chuee

Smash Hero
It's got to be sing. It has almost no priority whatsoever.

The problem is it's stupid mechanic. There are three waves and the sleep time dosn't grow after each new one. Your first wave has a 1 frame advantage if your opponent is at 200%. And lower than that and your opponent wakes up before you finish singing.
If you ledge cancel the sing, you grab the ledge before they wake up. Don't know exactly what you can do but it's still not as useless as you think.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Egg Roll yet. That move is useless to the max :/
Yes, it has almost no priority, is very predictable and going off stage means death. But it has a great advantage: complete momentum cancel

Snail

Smash Lord
Yes, it has almost no priority, is very predictable and going off stage means death. But it has a great advantage: complete momentum cancel
But complete momentum cancel is of no use when using it to recover means certain death and even if you survive, the ending lag will probably get you punished x__x

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
...No mention of Bowser's Down Air?

It's one of if not the longest lasting aerial in the game, You'll only hit your opponent with the multiple 3% hits more then twice, there's UNBELIEVABLE LANDING LAG, and doing it off the ledge is an easy SD.

sasook

Smash Champion
Lol, it's actually amazing. In the air no aerial attacks outpriorise it. And that's one of the things that make Meta Knight a broken character.

lrn2internetsarcasm.

On topic, I don't feel like reading the whole thread, but anyone mention Wolf's dtilt? I don't think I've ever even seen it used lol. But then again, I'm no Wolf expert.

Also, ZSS's fsmash is HORRID. It has absolutely no use whatsoever, there is always a better option than that move.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
If you ledge cancel the sing, you grab the ledge before they wake up. Don't know exactly what you can do but it's still not as useless as you think.
No, it is as useless as I and all the other Jigglypuffs think.

Ledge canceling your sing isn't a safe move. You will get punished off-stage the moment you use it even if you poke over the stage just a bit.

Your opponent can also dash off the edge and c-stick a b-air right as they run off the edge resulting in a stage spike.

Your opponent also has to be pretty stupid to get cought in a ledge canceled sing. It's too predictable.

metaknight's tornado is horrible
Haha, I hope that was sarcasm...

Cirno

Smash Journeyman
(note: A lot of these moves fall into multiple categories, such as ZSS' fsmash but you get the idea. enjoy the lulz)

omg wtf r u tlking bout?!
  • Fludd is amazing in the right situations and absolutely ***** Ness and Lucas' recoveries.
  • Squirtle's down b during no stamina periods or appropriate switches are definitely no minus. Try a dthrow to Ivy FFnair against Falco's side b and prepare for lulz.
  • PSI Magnet being nominated should have been a joke. Great against offstage air dodges, it absorbs, stalls, and moment jumps with PKjump. You should be using this if you play Lucas.
  • Sonic's homing attack has recovery and stalling properties, and there isn't much people with bad recoveries can do to stop him offstage as dodging usually means their death.
  • MK's cape- IDC is banned but the cape itself is a recovery method, a stall tactic, and can be auto canceled for no lag.
  • Samus' bair - Wut? A no lag aerial with average range and speed is bad? Setting it up offstage with double canceled missles to bait the airdodge doesn't hurt exactly hurt her either.

Extremely situational
  • ZSS' fsmash fully charged against an edge roll is pretty win. Especially when you know you used fsmash by mistake. Reversing it at the edge against people with no ZSS mu exp is pretty lulzy too.
  • Ganon's Warlock punch against shield broken opponents is win. And in teams footstool to warlock punch is beautiful enough to bring a tear to the eye. (Or two if you had to sacrifice Nana using the footstool infinite-> Punch.)
  • Lucas's PK Freeze against Snake recovering is easy and safe damage, DDD suffers from the same without a dodge possibility.
  • Ness' PK Flash trajectory follows Snake's recovery path perfectly and can kill. ***** bad recoveries with SD or Flash choice. Time it for characters who you predict will airdodge, recover low, ect. and release from a safe distance. Also a nice anti-air mixup when you 'auto-cancel' it. ( just some lag I believe similar to Wario's Uair.)
  • Rob's Side b reflects, and is an angle-able multihit move. Try it against low shields on the endge with correct spacing to avoid SDI o r rolling.
  • SoPo's Up B give a nearly non-existant jump, but it's better than nothing, there's a chance you'll tip the autograb area.
  • Lucario's Double team is best used reverse and preferably offstage against high lag moves you couldn't intercept/didn't want to shield for fear of being pushed off the edge with no retaliation chance.
    Revse double team to Uair under Lylat wins.

Always a better option
  • MK's jab will always be done by mistake. But if they're lucky, they will not be facing Jiggz, someone who can SDI, and will get to end in f-tilt or Dsmash.
  • Falco's fair can beat MK's Glide attack in the same way as Wario's dair if you drop it on him, and can edgeguard if you catch your opponent, aswell as eat through air dodges especially Peach's. But, why wold you use it when you have a better option in every situation? Maybe if the multihits count as singles for decay which I doubt.

Do it for the lulz
  • Luigi's dash attack looks like Bill Gates running, you'll get powershielded unless you push them off the edge but that's like a taunt in itself so pat yourself on the back.
  • Nolimar's Smashes and Side B still have just as much lag. Use it like you would if you had Pikmin, if they attack and you buffer shield as you Smash or throw, you'll usually powershield and can punish with nair or dtilt, or utilt.
  • Yoshi's egg Roll has momentum cancel similar to DK's UpB only Yoshi has tons better aerial movement. Also a planned clank into jab ftw.

How can it get any worse than this?!
  • Jiggz Sing gives you a 1 frame advantage at kill percents, does no damage, gives your opponent the advantage before kill percents, has a terribly small hitbox, and your ledge cancel can be edgehogged for a slow and painful SD, but atleast you can do that much. Water and ledges only against ridiculously close edgeguarders or verse Ness players who dash spike, otherwise you lose for using the move.
  • Samus' Jab You did it! You jabbed with Samus! Now you have one safe option- jump airdodge away. That's right, because everything else will be too slow to comeout due to jab having no hitstun whatsoever or grabbed since the second jab is slow and your iasa frame won't become available until your opponent can retaliate. Even running away regularly or jumping can be grabbed.
  • Jiggz D-tilt is horrendously useless. Late hitbox, low priority, useless range, garbage damage, omgwtf lag and knockback only slightly better than Samus's jab.

So what saves this move from being the absolute worst? Position. Atleast you can duck projectiles and do it. If for whatever god forsaken reason they are spamming infront of you.

And last and without a doubt the least, the very worst move in the entire game~!!

So good it even changes the backround!!!
  • Mario's dtilt far and away is the worst move in the game. ****'s been horrible since Melee. Why?

On the edge if you are hit by Jiggz d-tilt, you get pushed away, Mario's? Oh wow, you pop up for a free aerial or even grab if you di back on stage. And this happens every where. If it's used you will be punished. and badly. Ike can pop up from this attack, fair so the hitbox doesn't come out, suffer his lag, and still jab combo Mario.It's that bad. Every character that waits till they hits the ground gets a free smash, grab, tilt, special depending on the character. Shielded is of your choice.

EVERY SMASH IN THE GAME CAN HIT HIM ON SHIELD.​

All the terrible symptoms of Jiggz d-tilt, with bad knockback instead or terrible knockback. If brawl had 64's hitstun it'd still be just as useless. Hell it could have invincibility frames and you'd still get punished for it. If MK had this D-tilt instead of his own, he'd drop 3 tiers. (kidding on this one, but it is a horrid move.)

Some people say every move is situational, and there is always a better choice given the right conditions. This is not true for Mario's d-tilt. It's not even a good taunt. If you wanted to use it as a handicap to help your oppnonent, not playing would be the only better option. This is Sakurai's revenge for Mario being Nintendo's flagship character and not Kirby. This move is the worst move in the entire Smash Bros. series. Pichu's aerials were better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THjPKvfyaGI

sasook

Smash Champion
Meh, your description for ZSS's fsmash sounds more like a "do it for the lulz" sorta thing. Besides, ZSS players usually punish edge rolls with dsmash or plasma whip. Like I said, there's literally always a better option than that move.

I guess if at least it makes the opponent extremely humiliated if they get KO'd by it. lol

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94

lrn2internetsarcasm.

On topic, I don't feel like reading the whole thread, but anyone mention Wolf's dtilt? I don't think I've ever even seen it used lol. But then again, I'm no Wolf expert.

Also, ZSS's fsmash is HORRID. It has absolutely no use whatsoever, there is always a better option than that move.
Wolf d-tilt is actually very under-rated. It combos out of 0% d-throw on heavy's, you can jab-cancel with it for space, and it's an ok GTFO move (but you'd always use Jab in that situation) none of wolfs moves are really that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom