• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst fear?

justaway12

Smash Master
I'm afraid of ghosts i think it's because i watched horror movie's at a very young age I'm to scared to watch horror movies even now i tried with my 8 aunt's and ended hiding behind their back's

Dolente

Smash Cadet
Imagine if you could see the bottom, like a 300 foot deep lake had perfectly clear water..

Would be awe inspiring, yet really scary.
Believe it or not, you can. Healthy lakes are obscured by algae and protazoa in the billions, but some lakes, such as a few in Canada, that have been destroyed by acid rain or other means of introducing an acidic or basic pH to the water will be almost perfectly clear, because the lake is effectively dead. When all of the mircoorganisms and plants die, and the lake is not disturbed to raise sediment, it is like looking into glass.

On a side note, no one, not ONE of you, should be scared of death. It's like being scared of your next breath ... there's just no point. Also, public speaking was found to be the #1 greatest fear among Americans, though I'm sure that Phloat's signature is up there as well.

Myself, I am petrified that they will cancel Family Guy again.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
A Zombie Apocalypse.
Why would you fear that? Watching Planet Terror should've given you all the info you need to know to survive a zombie apocalypse. Just make sure you're friends with a chick with a machine gun for a leg and you're golden.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
I'm a bit fearful of death, mainly the idea of it. It's a little bit weird to imagine having no sense of smell, taste, hearing, thought, feeling, or conscious.

Dolente

Smash Cadet
That show needs to die. Its gotten less funny over the years.
This is blasphemy! "McStroke" was just as funny of an episode as "Mind over Murder," and all of the other episodes from season five and six thus far (except perhaps "Padre de Familia") have been excellent as well. The references are just getting more obscure.

I'm a bit fearful of death, mainly the idea of it. It's a little bit weird to imagine having no sense of smell, taste, hearing, thought, feeling, or conscious.
If you lack consciousness, you will be unable to worry about any of this.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Believe it or not, you can. Healthy lakes are obscured by algae and protazoa in the billions, but some lakes, such as a few in Canada, that have been destroyed by acid rain or other means of introducing an acidic or basic pH to the water will be almost perfectly clear, because the lake is effectively dead. When all of the mircoorganisms and plants die, and the lake is not disturbed to raise sediment, it is like looking into glass.

On a side note, no one, not ONE of you, should be scared of death. It's like being scared of your next breath ... there's just no point. Also, public speaking was found to be the #1 greatest fear among Americans, though I'm sure that Phloat's signature is up there as well.

Myself, I am petrified that they will cancel Family Guy again.
The stuff that that makes it awe-inspiring would be dead =\.

Imagine layers of layers of layers of fish, like an aquarium, but you are in it =D.

Also, <3 family guy. I dunno, I don't laugh that much or get some sort of deep meaning out of it, but I just enjoy watching it. Filled the void in my life when Scrubs was cancelled.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I can't believe I used to be scared of driving, though that's all in the past since I learned and conquered it.

But anyway I must say complete darkness, or going blind, seriously, when I am in a dark room I feel really vulnurable, therefore I am afarid of that, other than that, not really anything else.

Dolente

Smash Cadet
I can't believe I used to be scared of driving, though that's all in the past since I learned and conquered it.

But anyway I must say complete darkness, or going blind, seriously, when I am in a dark room I feel really vulnurable, therefore I am afarid of that, other than that, not really anything else.
This fear is actually of defencelessness, not of blindness. A fear of blindness would be based around the lack of sensation, or of enjoying sights and inability to experience the world. Yours is altogether more interesting and has all kinds of implications about your personality, and probably also explains why you like to play Smash.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
This is blasphemy! "McStroke" was just as funny of an episode as "Mind over Murder," and all of the other episodes from season five and six thus far (except perhaps "Padre de Familia") have been excellent as well. The references are just getting more obscure.

If you lack consciousness, you will be unable to worry about any of this.
Yes, I realize that.

X Shinigami X

Smash Cadet
This fear is actually of defencelessness, not of blindness. A fear of blindness would be based around the lack of sensation, or of enjoying sights and inability to experience the world. Yours is altogether more interesting and has all kinds of implications about your personality, and probably also explains why you like to play Smash.
You sound like my therapist XD

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
You sound like my therapist XD
He very well could be!

I always fear meeting people in real life who are on smashboards, someone who I like who has a COOOMMMPLLLETTEELLY different view than me on playing to win or something.

Remember, every time you flame someone, there is a face behind that username. That doesn't mean stop, but don't be excessive =P. Think of how you would attack them in real life and use that anger, no more no less.

Dolente

Smash Cadet
He very well could be!

I always fear meeting people in real life who are on smashboards, someone who I like who has a COOOMMMPLLLETTEELLY different view than me on playing to win or something.

Remember, every time you flame someone, there is a face behind that username. That doesn't mean stop, but don't be excessive =P. Think of how you would attack them in real life and use that anger, no more no less.
Actually, since my specialty is I/O, there is virtually no chance that I am his therapist. However, in terms of meeting Smashboards users in the flesh and recieving comeuppance for flaming ... well ... perhaps you could convince them to vent their rage in a game of Smash?

TheLinkus

Smash Cadet
hmmm.... needles, spiders, and small places. and deep water, like a lake or the sea

TheLinkus

Smash Cadet
oh, and for some wierd reason, cows and oxen really scare me too, just they're faces... wierd huh?

JLynn943

Smash Ace
bugs in general

I completely freaked out one time when a butterfly flew into our car. We actually pulled over just to get it out.

also, heights. even if I'm inside a building on stairs that I know are near the top of a tall building, I start to panic. I'm completely ok with roller coasters though.

other fears: losing one of my senses (such as hearing or sight), failure, and suffocation/drowning

TheLinkus

Smash Cadet
Zombies, people that act as though they have been possesed by a demon, movies and games that have to much gore and the end of the world.
yeah, anything to do with demons REALLY scares me too, but I didn't want ot say anything about it.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Actually, since my specialty is I/O, there is virtually no chance that I am his therapist. However, in terms of meeting Smashboards users in the flesh and recieving comeuppance for flaming ... well ... perhaps you could convince them to vent their rage in a game of Smash?
Nah, I mean the "Play with honour, and if you beat me it was cheap" morons lurking around.

Also, you could be in the future =O

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
My worst fear is getting banned from Smashboards.

Literally. If I even get joke banned I'm going to have thoughts of suicide.

I really hope I'm not giving the mods any ideas. Seriously, I mean it.

taste_the_beast

Smash Apprentice
space; i dont know why but iit jus terrifies me jus thinking of going up there. i had a dream once that i was like in space like looking up or something and felt like i couldnt breath, pretty scary

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
My worst fear is getting banned from Smashboards.

Literally. If I even get joke banned I'm going to have thoughts of suicide.

I really hope I'm not giving the mods any ideas. Seriously, I mean it.
Honestly, you need to go to a therapist if that's true =\

Fear of death is a perfectly fine fear. Yeah, it'll happen, it's a natural part of life, but that doesn't mean you can't fear it. A lot of fears are irrational, but it doesn't give people any less reason to fear something. And yeah, if you die, then you CAN'T fear death anymore, but you can certainly feel this fear while alive.

I'm scared of social situations unless it's with a group of close friends.

Ange

Smash Lord
Man Phloat, I wonder how your signatures eye's vision is like. o_o

And myself Im pretty scared to drown, or loose my ability to draw.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I had a dream where my reflection was some really evil looking version of me, and then he jumped out the mirror and stabbed me with the broken shards of glass.
I don't like looking in the mirror for very long now...

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Honestly, you need to go to a therapist if that's true =\
Well... I don't have anything better to do. I had always been bored before I found out about SWF. Also, my social life isn't really that good at all. I mean, it's fine, but I'm not exactly popular. Not at all. On here, I have way more friends, and it's helped me forget about my IRL social skills.

I know I'm making a complete loser out of myself, but... I was depressed all the time because I couldn't be popular before I got new friends on Smashboards. Now that I do, I'd rather not lose it all.

Also, I exaggerated my post a bit.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
My biggest fear is being eaten alive. I know it's impossible (well, pretty much), but the thought of being swallowed whole and digested makes me shudder in fear.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Well... I don't have anything better to do. I had always been bored before I found out about SWF. Also, my social life isn't really that good at all. I mean, it's fine, but I'm not exactly popular. Not at all. On here, I have way more friends, and it's helped me forget about my IRL social skills.

I know I'm making a complete loser out of myself, but... I was depressed all the time because I couldn't be popular before I got new friends on Smashboards. Now that I do, I'd rather not lose it all.

Also, I exaggerated my post a bit.
For friends, quality over quantity.

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
I'm necrophobic and I'm afraid of hurting my brother or something bad happening to him.

He's my (I know this sounds cheesy and I'll probably be tormented ENDLESSLY for saying this) my best friend.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I'm necrophobic and I'm afraid of hurting my brother or something bad happening to him.

He's my (I know this sounds cheesy and I'll probably be tormented ENDLESSLY for saying this) my best friend.
New found respect for you man. Nothing really scares me except the idea of harm to my loved ones otuside of a joke or family spat. Oh, and being upside down in the air(skydiving not included).

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Bodies of water, such as seas. It's what might be in them. So I don't go swimming at beaches (anywhere, really). I wouldn't even go on a first-class cruize if it was free.
Might sink 'n drown. So I'll stay a land-lover.

Top Bottom