• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst excuse you heard someone say cause they lost

Lid

Smash Apprentice
My friend is a sore loser and doesnt take getting beaten at smash well at all. I take it to the advantage and shine him as ness while hes trying to recover and he says "Your lucky ness has a big head and is easy to shine."...

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
"This game hates me"

"Luigi is stupid"

"Luigi sucks he's only good because of aerials"

"I hit you!"

Now imagine that with the person near tears. That's my brother for ya.

miller483

Smash Ace
I was at this tourney at Game Crazy when i beat this Link-User. (all he did was spin attack, seriously.) While we were playing, my mom happened to start to talk to the kid's mom. After i had won, the woman told my mom that his son was the best at the tournament and that he had a "minor setback". After the tourney was over, my mom told me what she said and i nearly wet myself laughing.

Skyson

Smash Ace
"I swear to god, every time you hit me with that attack it disables my controller. I CAN'T GET OUT OF IT!" - My friend after being 4-stocked by my C. Falcon, quote in reference to f-throw into forward-b into f-air. >_>

Korhan

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah...beat this....i heard an excuse once...'I lost because Ganondorf is gay man...he kept hitting me and grabbing me...thats friggin gay man...'

looty

Smash Rookie
After I beat most people who go I CAN OWN YOU AT SMASH I AM THE BEST IN MY CHURCH yadada....
Their excuses that amused me were...
1. This map is gay! (Final Destination)
2. what the **** man you hack
3. ......... its been 6 months ...

But most people that are good usually dont go I CAN OWN YOU! they just go i'm alright...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Got a new good one. "Bowser vs Sheik just isn't a favorable matchup for me. You shouldn't be allowed to counterpick your character against my Sheik."

Korhan

Smash Rookie
You raise an interesting question...sometimes you can know how good some is b4 you actually fight him...good question you can ask him is' do you know what wave dash is or any of the advanced techniques, if he says ' no clue' or whatever, then you can automaticly assume you have a good chance of beating him, i for one dislike arrogance, but you need arrogance to win...then again you can also be arrogant without showing it, i like it if you;re a good sport that very important, because we are after all human, and when you finish a game and own another player of better said...you win the game, you can give him tips, or if you lose give him compliments like 'man that was a good combo' people will respect you for that, even if you lose.

Better then saying...I own you noob, doesnt really lave a good impression or' You suck man' and so on...so in other words why cant we all get along...its not like we save the world by playing smash...

And i know about it...because i used to be a sore loser...still am abit...because old habits die hard, but i try my best to be a good sport,and i am getting better at it.

In regards of this trhead another excuse i heard was...

'I lost because i cant win, your character is just stronger then me' goes to show thats its not the chracter whos strong but the player who uses it...hell even sheik can loose if he stands around doing nothing.
I mean she...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
You raise an interesting question...sometimes you can know how good some is b4 you actually fight him...good question you can ask him is' do you know what wave dash is or any of the advanced techniques, if he says ' no clue' or whatever, then you can automaticly assume you have a good chance of beating him, i for one dislike arrogance, but you need arrogance to win...then again you can also be arrogant without showing it, i like it if you;re a good sport that very important, because we are after all human, and when you finish a game and own another player of better said...you win the game, you can give him tips, or if you lose give him compliments like 'man that was a good combo' people will respect you for that, even if you lose.

Better then saying...I own you noob, doesnt really lave a good impression or' You suck man' and so on...so in other words why cant we all get along...its not like we save the world by playing smash...

And i know about it...because i used to be a sore loser...still am abit...because old habits die hard, but i try my best to be a good sport,and i am getting better at it.

In regards of this trhead another excuse i heard was...

'I lost because i cant win, your character is just stronger then me' goes to show thats its not the chracter whos strong but the player who uses it...hell even sheik can loose if he stands around doing nothing.
I mean she...

That's not always correct, but COULD be a general rule. From the tournaments I host in my area, i know a handful of people that have never heard of smashboards, and have basically raised themselves as far as advanced techniques go. And I know one person in general that doesn't wave dash at all, rares shffl's, but is good enough with in character specific strategies to place in the top 5 consistently, and there are some good players in the midwest so don't question skill on that.

Point being, seeing as the wavedash is situational, its not a good judge of how good someone is, and on the flipside, knowing what a wavedash is, doesn't make you a pro.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Hmm.. well I have a few from my friends I played, I liked this one:

Friend that always plays Fox: "your just lucky I only use Fox and only his forward and up smash are any good". (this dude obviously doesn't use adv. techs)

Friend that does know advance techs: "those needles are bullcrap, if a real person was hit by a needle in the air he could easily finish his jump".
I explained that real people can't jump in mid-air and laughed at him for about 2,5 years. :p

postyoa28

Smash Rookie
With myself as Luigi and my friend as marth, I kept canceling his fsmash with the luigi jab.
With this my friend said "F**K! Pudgy italian fingers cant beat a sword. And WTF is the bull**** with swords not slicing through you gigantic face? GOD ****it." With that he threw the controler and walked away muttering something about noobs under his breath...

Funny as hell

9Kplus1

Smash Master
"I let you win that time" "I was playing on very easy mode" "My hands got sweaty when I tried to use Down Air" "My phone my vibrating in my pocket" "The game cheated!" "Meh, Kirby's not my best pic" "If only I chose Link I mean, I was about too but.................. you were rushing me!" "Me? Rushing you?! I only said 5 words to you today!"

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
Well me and my bro's friend were playing link vs. link (i had green tunic) and i won and well, his excuse was because i wasn't wearing the green tunic.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
hahaha, that's a good one, i'm not going ot lie

i lost cause i was white...that's a decent one my friend used

ProNoob

Smash Cadet
My Favorite Worst Excuse Was: If you stopped floating with Peach, I would've won."

I nearly died on the inside because I "floated" his 7 lives with my 4.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dude, if you couldn't press A I would have won.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
My Favorite Worst Excuse Was: If you stopped floating with Peach, I would've won."

I nearly died on the inside because I "floated" his 7 lives with my 4.
This is funny, my friends did a battle for dominance with peach, and it went to over time on FD, and one of them was thrown upwards, and then did the double jump and floated above where the bombs fell from. SO MANY JOHNS ENSUED!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
"You only won cause I'm high"

Cmon dude!? Didn't you watch that Karate commercial about weed like 6 years ago!??!

Jackal478

Smash Ace
"IT WOULDNT LET ME JUMP"

"THAT WAS A CHEAP KILL"

"YOU DIDNT PURPOSELY TRY TO THROW ME INTO THE ARWINGS LAZER"

"I FELL THROUGH THE FLOOR, WTF"

my friends quotes.

but he's equal to my Smashing Prowess

but we both end up dying for stupid reasons at least once a match

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
After my friend's hand was amputated, we tried to play again and he tried to one hand marth. He said it was "Hard to control with only one hand"

I just laughed and said, No Johns!!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
After my friend's hand was amputated, we tried to play again and he tried to one hand marth. He said it was "Hard to control with only one hand"

I just laughed and said, No Johns!!
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT!

Silly amputees! Johns are for noobs!

EDIT: With your permission I'm putting that in my sig.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Him: "DAMMIT!! Where'd my second jump go?!?!?!"
Me :"It went to the land of lost jumps."
Him: *confused look* "oh....I didn't know that..."
LOL ahh that's just priceless. xD

I rarely get to play people but when I do it's the usual, "I wasn't trying!". So then I tell them to try, and they say they will, and still lose the same way as when they "weren't". lol

chansen

Smash Lord
"If you'd stop jumping around so much" vs. my falcon

"Your always in your shell, thats gay!" vs. my bowser

"Your moves come out faster than mine, thats not fair!" vs. my falco

"You cant stop sliding can you, always sliding like a gay ***!" vs. my luigi

and the always famous quote
"Skill is a glitch." Dylan_Tnga (totally kidding)

BladeDemon

Smash Cadet
my favorite one i have heard was just a simple saying

Him-You cheated
Me-How
Him-You have codes
Me-what kind
Him- i dunno

Top Bottom