• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst excuse you heard someone say cause they lost

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
"Dood! Stop hitting me! Seriously!"
"Oh ok,hit me while I'm trying to attack.You're cool."

Why are people stupid? :confused:

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
my qoutes
"man, your too good,im not sure what CAN beat you"
"something didnt let me roll...and it not the controller"
"hands sweaty"
"you won cause you got a cheap charater"

others

"thats all you do, HYAA! HYAA! HYAAAAAA!" me:"<_< its called firefox"

*get owned* "wanna play DBZ?"

BOLT08

Smash Lord
This isn't really an excuse, but it's something I remembered to be extremely funny.

I remember Simna Ibn Sind money matching Isai at NCT1 for 50 cents. It was Isai's Falcon vs Simna's Ness, and when Simna lost he gets up and starts yelling around the room "Does anybody have change for a dollar? I really wasn't expecting to lose..."

LOL
that is without a doubt one of the funniest things ive ever seen.

(after 4 stocking my friends IC's)

"Dude, sheik has such a huge advantage over them it's not even funny."

mistassailant5

Smash Rookie
Always when I am facing my friends and I am winning he blurts out "No one else is trying except you...", but when he wins he is like "You just got PWN3D! Pure skill!!!!1" Hmmmmmm

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
"I'm actually really good at this game, just not against hard people"

yeah- that's why every other attack is a falcon punch, which he still uses even if I pick jigglypuff and punish him with rest every time he starts charging up, and even though he's never hit me.

"falcon punch is a good move if it can hit"

It can't

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
comment on pill spamming and dodging Marths fsmash on FD

Thats ****ing broken and it should be banned. Theres just nothing I can do to get around it

wireframe- we may as well start a new thread called 'matts johns' :chuckle:

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
"Man, you ALWAYS have to grab the edge so I can't".

Also, when my friend is being Samus, he puts his control stick in the upward corner, then does his up-b so he'll "go farther than having to hold up->B, then move forward while falling." O_o Then, while he does the corner thing, he accidentally shoots a missile 80% of the time. O_o o_O

THEmSHAKE

Smash Apprentice
A friend of mine is not very good and uses captain falcon. He uses down b and side b alot. We all know what this does. He, however, is convinced that it makes him "run off the edge" So beware, it appears theres a button that makes cf run off the edge at top speed and great fury just to avoid confrontation.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
It wasn't a saying, but one time one of my buddies got so mad he pitched his controller into his hamper. Luckily, it had clothes in it. (Dorm rooms FTW.)

I think my lamest excuse for losing (well, placing 2nd/3rd) was "I've got to go to the bathroom." XD

DarkLordKefka

Smash Cadet
this happened very recently. whule playing smash, we got on the subject of harry potter trivia. we then switched to full house randomly, and after he loses (3 stock, i might add), my friend procedes to say
"how am i supposed to play smash when topics can change so suddenly like this!"

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
haha wilber. He can't handle the pressure of Harry Potter trivia, full house trivia, sequel trivia, and getting owned in a 4 man peach ditto XD

Dr.Dojo

Smash Rookie
my favorite one i heard was "my controller is in the wrong controller port"

i pretty much lost it after hearing that one, couldnt stop laughing

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i've used that one, except said, i'm not used to fighting anyone but 2nd player (now i'm a 4th person player)

recently, the only one i've used is i can't fight marths, which i can't

WFL

Smash Journeyman
"I didn't tell it to roll...or do that fair...or do that f-smash!!!!! Your controller is messed up *dies*"

Just because it was a Wavebird with low battery and a messed up c-stick that sometimes makes you roll, fair or bair, fsmash when you don't want to doesnt make it right to use it as an excuse because you lost...

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
Some Dumb Quotes I Hear?

"Because of the stage....."

"Did I say I was ready?"

"It's only because you wavedash"

- In the end, we can determine total noobs.

Deka~Fox

Smash Cadet
"Man, the shine spike is so cheap!"

Clearly, my friends don't know the effort it takes to get the falling speeds of alot of characters together.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
"You're only better 'cause you play it more."

...duh...
I even dumb myself down quite a bit when I play most people I know aren't as good as I am (and compared to a lot of people here, I'm not really that good in the first place). I even use random character select and let the other player choose the stage... The only thing I don't do is use handicaps (and I won't, either).

brofan15

Smash Cadet
the place on the corner of that one street
yeah i was playing my brother, it was me Samus,(best character in game) against him young link, we were playing 10 stock, and i took 4 of his stocks, he took one of mine, then i destroyed him taking his last 6 stocks, without losing another one of mine, and after he lost, he said "thats not fair! my character is too young....." my brother is 19 BTW!!!! i laughed for a good 15 minutes after he said that.....

Samus rules!!!

wakka444

Smash Ace
mine would have to be.....
WTF YOU UNPLUGGED MY CONTROLLER AND THREW IT ACROSS THE ROOM!!!
i swear some people cant take defeat

Tujex

Smash Ace
"Only reason I lost was cause I'm tired"

"Mane, you know dis game give me a headache"

*Pause and reset match* "Mane watchu do dat for!?"

My friend did the last one the other day and had me falling out my seat laughing.

Top Bottom