• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
It's almost exactly the same as Vista. It's just Vista SP3, basically. The majority of the code is exactly the same. Sounds like you're jumping on the "7 is awesome" bandwagon just like the "Vista is ****" one.

Anyway, since we've veered into a technology discussion, I want y'all to meet Deltron Zero, hero

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion

don't assume. i still think xp is the best os they've come out with. just because i said 7 is better than vista doesn't mean i'm a bandwagoner. :rocket: besides, i didn't make my first comment to start some tech-war......back to hip-hop :chuckle:

deltron aka del the funky homosapien is okay.....i only like one song by him.....and i have to be in a very specific mood to listen to him.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
meh. i only like 3030, personally. i think that was the only track i kept from the album. not really a fan of del, outside of his work with the gorillaz.....his cousin's dope though : ).

Jane

Smash Hero
His cousin is dope... but then he went from dropping masterpieces (movies), to "are we there yet 2".

Tisk tisk.

Also its funny how one of you guys is red and the other is blu xD

And i love deltron 3030, in fact im gonna listen to it right now!

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
His cousin is dope... but then he went from dropping masterpieces (movies), to "are we there yet 2".

Tisk tisk.

lolol. his albums were dope too! but so far, i think i'm like the only one that listens to him in this thread. but i'll always love boyz in the hood and friday. i can look past xxx, player's club, are we there yet, etc.....everything else : ).

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
jae millz is terrible....
I got her........GROCERY BAG!

once wayne goes to jail, young money is going to crumble. drake might keep his buzz, but seriously, the rest of them are just horrendous. it's almost amazing.

listened to the track. kind of hard to tell what you're saying every now and again. good sound though. i hate coogi : ). i hate that tight *** hipster clothing more, but coogi has a special place for my hate :rocket:

MBlaze

Smash Champion
jae millz is terrible....
I got her........GROCERY BAG!

once wayne goes to jail, young money is going to crumble. drake might keep his buzz, but seriously, the rest of them are just horrendous. it's almost amazing.

listened to the track. kind of hard to tell what you're saying every now and again. good sound though. i hate coogi : ). i hate that tight *** hipster clothing more, but coogi has a special place for my hate :rocket:
Noooo Tyga is actually good. Gudda Gudda is OKAY but not much more than that.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Listen...

to everybody who thinks Young Money is the **** because Lil Wayne is on every track in the world feast your eyes on this upcoming statement.

Roc-A-Fella and everything spawned from the Roc (GOOD MUSIC, FnF, Roc Nation, EVERYTHING) will be bigger than what Bad Boy and Death Row were. Bigger than Aftermath ever was and ever will be. And much much much much MUCH bigger than Cash Money Young Money is even thought to be times 10 and a half.

Roc-A-Fella is rising to the top with the youngstars notice thats not youngsters but youngstars. I'm talking Wale, J. Cole, Kid Cudi. They all kill Drake, Lil twist, Lil Chuckee, Lil (Insert name here).

Than you got the beautiful divas Amerie and Rihanna who can and have made records without the person giving them **** on the same track rapping. Nicki Minaj and Shanel have yet to make a top ten single and without Wayne they are just going to be other faces in the crowd.

This is my favorite, Roc-A-Fella has all the veterans who get no respect (radio play) because they are conscious, yet there flow is mad crazy. I'm talking Lupe Fiasco, Common, Jadakiss only gets respect in NYC. Who can you name that has skills with Cash Money? Gudda Gudda? Please, I have heard Gudda Gudda's mixtape and honestly I thought he did good on 4/20 songs everything else I coulda done. Only Corey Gunz can **** with these guys that's it...

Only place where Cash Money Young Money wins is when it comes down to male singers, they have Drake, Lloyd, Omarion, and then anybody capable of talking with auto-tune. And really I don't think these guys can even be compared to John Legend. I think Mr. Hudson and Matthew Santos are better than these guys. But, it's all about sex appeal and apparently judging by the girls I know reactions they don't care if the person is good or bad Drake and Lloyd are so sexy too them. And when I ask about it I get "Who is John Legend?" And I just steady wonder how the hell is Wayne sexy? People are weird IMO

Last but not least, actually this is probably the most important...

STARPOWER!!!!!!!

Drake VS Kanye West

Sure Drake is good there is no denying that, but I don't think he is great. Nobody had heard of this guy (or anybody from Young Money for that matter) if it weren't for Wayne. He would still be that guy that was in a wheelchair on Degrassi. I think it's still too early to tell what this guys career is gonna be like since his mentor is all of a sudden in jail. His album is probably already done and you know what that means, another year of young black teenage girls fainting at the thought of Drizzy. 1 big mixtape that was pretty much an album IMO is all he has so far. But it still remains to be seen if he can do it without Weezy. What will he think of next?

KANYEEEEEZY!!!!!! Probably the most creative artist of the decade with one of those personalities we hate to love and love to hate. Let's face it we love to boo him off stage when he ruined taylor swifts moment, and we were heartbroken when his mother died. This was the underdog who recovered from that car crash where he shoulda died and still was able to sing through the wire and tell us his story, and let's not forget everybody in the world was like ZOMG when he said "George Bush hates black people". I mean c'mon this guy is a genius when it comes to getting popularity. His albums are great, he isn't your typical guns and crack rapper. He raps about things that matter and yet still makes it sound like a club banger. Seriously Kanye kills Drake any day of the week.

Lil Wayne VS Jay-Z

Wayne has dropped 8 Solo Albums and the average person doesn't know about anything aside from Tha Carter trilogy and the new Rebirth album which was not only trash but I thought it was stereotyping and racist. He has been on top of his game since what? After Carter 2 that's '06? '07? About 4 years. Now the man has landed himself in jail 8 months to a year. What's to happen to everybody in Cash Money Young Money without there main man?

Jay-Z has dropped 11 albums was mentored by the late great Notorious B.I.G. himself. The man is Number 1 on Forbes, so if he wanted he could just buy out Cash Money. This man pulled a Michael Jordan and like Mike he is still the one rapper to beat. Now he is mentoring J. Cole? This ain't no Memphis Bleek or Teairra Marie we're talking about. This man has skills and with Jay in control Drake better look out. Jay ain't goin nowhere any time soon, and with Wayne behind bars the Roc is destined to take Hip-Hop by the horns.

Your thoughts?

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I think hip-hop is garbage. It's so played out, mainstream, everyone listens to it, annoying, doesn't take skill to create, no talent, and just overall useless, not to mention the lyrics are trash.

but RnB has those rifts man, I love it. Same with soul. It's such a good genre, with amazing talent, and isn't bred by the entertainment industry to become "entertainers"
they are actually, artists :)
Double Post cause I wanna get banned.

But dude, be serious hip-hop as you said is dying, yes I agree. But, there is sooooooo much more to hip-hop than just the music, it's repping your city, repping your friends and family, the shoes you wear, the hat you wear, your overall style, the way you talk, the way you walk, how you carry yourself, the things you eat, the way you dance. Hip-Hop is a way of life. It spans from Rap to RnB and IMO even to Jazz.

There is sooooooo much more to it than you think, and if you think everything is the same then you have never heard Black Star (Talib Kweli, and Mos Def) Nas, Cassidy, Z-Ro, Lupe Fiasco, Common, Wale, Curren$y, Run-DMC, LL Cool J, Black Thought, Andre 3000. Those are different people with different styles listen to them and there is no way you can tell me they sound the same.

/endrant

vicious1990

Smash Apprentice
Double Post cause I wanna get banned.

But dude, be serious hip-hop as you said is dying, yes I agree. But, there is sooooooo much more to hip-hop than just the music, it's repping your city, repping your friends and family, the shoes you wear, the hat you wear, your overall style, the way you talk, the way you walk, how you carry yourself, the things you eat, the way you dance. Hip-Hop is a way of life. It spans from Rap to RnB and IMO even to Jazz.

There is sooooooo much more to it than you think, and if you think everything is the same then you have never heard Black Star (Talib Kweli, and Mos Def) Nas, Cassidy, Z-Ro, Lupe Fiasco, Common, Wale, Curren$y, Run-DMC, LL Cool J, Black Thought, Andre 3000. Those are different people with different styles listen to them and there is no way you can tell me they sound the same.

/endrant
I agree but all ppl do is listen to the radio with all that garbage. all the real artists dont get heard.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Roc-a-fella is past it's prime. Roc Nation will not blow to the extent Roc did in the past.

I'll add more later.

Jane

Smash Hero
noraa: i liked the beat, but the actual rap was forgettable

lolol. his albums were dope too! but so far, i think i'm like the only one that listens to him in this thread. but i'll always love boyz in the hood and friday. i can look past xxx, player's club, are we there yet, etc.....everything else : ).
hell na i love ice cube what are you talking about! ameriKKKas most wanted and death certificate were my ****!

also, i have no idea what that image is that you keep posting lol. it comes up as a little question mark square. you cant link directly from your gmail haha

eff yeah! thats like one of my fav songs from that album. have you heard the chrono trigger mixtape?

Noooo Tyga is actually good. Gudda Gudda is OKAY but not much more than that.
tyga is alright sometimes... gudda, i used to think he was "okay", but the more i listen to more i really start to dislike him :/

Roc-A-Fella and everything spawned from the Roc (GOOD MUSIC, FnF, Roc Nation, EVERYTHING) will be bigger than what Bad Boy and Death Row were. Bigger than Aftermath ever was and ever will be. And much much much much MUCH bigger than Cash Money Young Money is even thought to be times 10 and a half.
i disagree. although i like roc-a-fella and its children better than young money. much much better, i really dont think it will be "bigger", because young money has SO much popularity and fans its ridiculous. an honestly i dont think they will be bigger. (as in, sell more, get more recognition overall. im not talking about skill.)

I'm talking Wale, J. Cole, Kid Cudi. They all kill Drake, Lil twist, Lil Chuckee,
of course wale, jcole, and cudi murder lil twist and lil chukee. that shouldnt even have to be said xD those two little kids are nothing lol.
drake is a different story though, he can compete with the "big boy freshmen"

Than you got the beautiful divas Amerie and Rihanna who can and have made records without the person giving them **** on the same track rapping. Nicki Minaj and Shanel have yet to make a top ten single and without Wayne they are just going to be other faces in the crowd.
lol beautiful divas. well, yes shanell sucks, but i disagree on nicki minaj. but shes really hit or miss with everyone. either you love her or you hate her. i for one really like her, and believe she will shine.

Only place where Cash Money Young Money wins is when it comes down to male singers, they have Drake, Lloyd, Omarion, and then anybody capable of talking with auto-tune. And really I don't think these guys can even be compared to John Legend. I think Mr. Hudson and Matthew Santos are better than these guys.
well first of all omarion isnt even with young money any more.
secondly, i agree that john legend, and mr hudson are dope (dunno who matthew santos is), but i also enjoy drake (sometimes) and lloyd. lloyd is a good singer lol.

Nobody had heard of this guy if it weren't for Wayne. He would still be that guy that was in a wheelchair on Degrassi.
just like no one would have heard of kanye if it wasnt for jay? he would still be that guy that makes beats.

I think it's still too early to tell what this guys career is gonna be like since his mentor is all of a sudden in jail. But it still remains to be seen if he can do it without Weezy. What will he think of next?
he doesnt need wayne to hold his hand for him to maintain/gain popularity and/or money. his fame is set and can really only go up. even if you dont like him you cant deny this. and its not like all his communication from wayne is totally gone. him, along with the rest of young money, the rest of cash money, and any other close people in his life will regularly see wayne still.

KANYEEEEEZY!!!!!! Probably the most creative artist of the decade
uhhhh, no.

Wayne has dropped 8 Solo Albums and the average person doesn't know about anything aside from Tha Carter trilogy and the new Rebirth album which was not only trash but I thought it was stereotyping and racist. He has been on top of his game since what? After Carter 2 that's '06? '07? About 4 years. Now the man has landed himself in jail 8 months to a year. What's to happen to everybody in Cash Money Young Money without there main man?
dont forget the dozens of mixtapes hes released, music videos, guest spots, etc. oh and in case you didnt know lil wayne will continue to release music while hes in jail. theyve recorded so much music of his very recently before he went in to jail, to have a steady stream to release throughout the year.

now, dont get me wrong.
i think jay >>>> wayne, and i agree that the roc family >>>>> young money, but, those things that i responded to are just small tidbits i disagree with. no disrespect meant by any of it! :)

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
Listen...

to everybody who thinks Young Money is the **** because Lil Wayne is on every track in the world feast your eyes on this upcoming statement.

?
Lol at how wrong you are.

hahaa.

wow.

After Drake releases his Deput its over. maybe then you'll realize how wrong you are.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
also, i have no idea what that image is that you keep posting lol. it comes up as a little question mark square. you cant link directly from your gmail haha
****. for some reason, i can see it but nobody else can :rocket:

rocafella is already past its prime. it's not going to get any bigger.
also, as of november of 2009, fnf isn't a record label. there was only two people on the label, lupe and some other random person lol. i knew that was gonna happen.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
there was only two people on the label, lupe and some other random person lol
First off the random person is Matthew Santos, the guy who always sings for Lu. Second Roc-A-Fella has 3 artists Jay, Ye, and Jadakiss. So what you just said makes as much sense as a monkey on a football, since the label hasn't disbanded.

Second, I know I may have seemed very very biased when doing my little report, but it's undeniable Roc-A-Fella >>>>> Cash Money.

I like Drake and some of Nicki Minaj (Her voice is ****ing annoying and irrelevant) but I don't think they will do too much. I live down here in the south (Houston) and people are already getting tired of Drake.

I know Wayne dropped Drought and Dedication series then even had some joint mixtapes, but I was talking albums because mixtapes are supposed to be downloaded albums are supposed to be bought. Which is why I included that Jay is at the top on Forbes.

Honestly, I know people my age just want Lil Wayne and Drake and then whatever is hot at the moment. I am just saying don't be surprised if Roc-A-Fella starts dominating radio time.

J. Cole, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Jadakiss and Kanye West are all dropping albums this year.

Drake, Nicki Minaj, Mack Maine, Tyga are also dropping albums.

Let's see who gets the bigger buzz....

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
"In November 2009, Lupe Fiasco announced he would get "rid of the entire First and Fifteenth Record Label. Me and Sarah Green are the only artists on the label, like I got rid of the whole label. It was just such a ‘this isn’t right for you right now. This isn’t gonna work for you right now. You need to be focused on you. Do you really want that, do you really have the capacity to do it?"

^what does that say? how does that not make sense?

Jane

Smash Hero
J. Cole, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Jadakiss and Kanye West are all dropping albums this year.

Drake, Nicki Minaj, Mack Maine, Tyga are also dropping albums.

Let's see who gets the bigger buzz....
buzz?

in my opinion,

ye > drake > lupe > nicki > cudi > jcole >jadakiss > tyga > mack maine

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
j. cole's better than cudi.......lupe's better than drake.......i know it says opinion......just sayin.........:) i don't listen to nicki so i can't judge.....but i'm pretty sure j. cole's better......why is jada so low???

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Ayo Blu, you od'ing on that rocket shooting red dude lol

Any of you use last.fm?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Anyone got any good stations on Pandora? It's really helped me find out about some underground groups I didn't know about before, such as Deltron 3030.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
ya'll are still sleeping on Drake eh?

thats sad. Drake is so talented.
listen to his verse on this remix of Knaan's song wavin' flag.
http://www.youtube.com/v/nB7L1BIDELc&

whole song is amazing. drake absolutely kills this verse. shows what he's really capable of. no filler. Drake will have club tracks on his album. That is unavoidable but im 100% certain that he will have some dope music on that album too.

J cole? he's dope dont get me wrong he's got bars but he cannot make music like drake. he doesnt sing like drake, he doesn't structure songs like drake. and he certainly doesn't have the universal appeal of drake.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

whole song is amazing. drake absolutely kills this verse. shows what he's really capable of. no filler. Drake will have club tracks on his album. That is unavoidable but im 100% certain that he will have some dope music on that album too.

J cole? he's dope dont get me wrong he's got bars but he cannot make music like drake. he doesnt sing like drake, he doesn't structure songs like drake. and he certainly doesn't have the universal appeal of drake.
That wasn't bad but I was definitely underwhelmed after this post

soap

Smash Hero

omg please get off his ****

i'm a drake fan but this post is a bit much

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Add me on last.fm if you're on it...

http://www.last.fm/user/Chess9

Drake is dope. He's doing his thing. I'm not even hating anymore. The man's going down a succesful route. I'll definitely check his album.

But J Cole >>>>

Lights Please >>>> Drake.

Top Bottom