• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Got mad love for Common... but just not one of my favorites to listen to. He's one of those people where I recognize their greatness and appreciate their lyricism but I just don't listen to as much because he's not exciting to listen to.
qft. i feel that same way about a lot of well known rappers.

@n9ne: i know one is from escape route. don't know which track or verse. but i know it's on there :).......i think. second one:no clue

Jane

Smash Hero
Shining on the Young Money album is like shining in a freak show at a circus.
Hahah :p well, if you just don't like Wayne, then yeah you won't like young money. But if you're not anti-Wayne then its a really good album. And the beats are all dope. They all knock hardd

But anyways the point is nicki minaj got swag ;D

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
@ Blu - 5th Gear..

what about this...

I aint the best that done it
just a wreckless young kid
with Big L's wit and some Lord Finesse punches
my deep joint like a mirage of Pac's ****
Eminem's insanity with Nas' knowledge

or this...

He's most hated most def, but he's most def
One of the most def with exception of Mos Def
Correction, he's most def one of the most with depth
But most slept, 'cause he probably went over most heads
The first one is the Boy Looka Here freestyle...joint was sick.

The second one, I KNOW I've heard before but I can't place it. I know it wasn't on any of his recent projects or any of the MMs...Lol, you stumped me XD

I hated Nicki Minaj's verse on the BET cypher...the lyrics were fine but the voice split my eardrums. She has skills though. She was pretty sick spittin over T.I's No Matter What beat.

rhan

Smash Hero
@Jane - I fux with Nicki so hard. She bad and she spittin it better than most dudes in the game right now.

@Matador - That was shweet but I had to let it grow on me a bit. My fave Nicki verse has to be from her version of "I Feel Free". The original song was amazing and when I heard her go off on it I fell in love.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i'm like mad sexist when it comes to rap lololol. i just can't listen to female rappers for some reason. lauryn hill is dope.....that's kinda it for me

I figured out why men try us cause we o-d on rims and thin tires
For that we Len Bias
All it takes a punch he ain’t brave he a punk
I’ll put his family in boxes meet the Brady Bunch
How yall feel yall selves Shaquille yall selves
Us cowboys don’t need you you Bill Parcell
And you ain’t gotta empty ya pockets when the K’s out
Whatever you holdin is mine you my Paypal
See I don’t get how this guy is a treat
I’ll make his life a net por pie to the neck
Ride or die or do both ***** ride to the death
I’ll acapella the whole left side of his chest

too easy. all joey fans should know this one :)

rhan

Smash Hero
If quite obvious that nicki manaj has a ghost writer and im 99% sure its wayne/drake

also her voice and style is annoying as hell.
Nicki was mentored by Wayne when she joined Young Money and she was waaaaaay out before Drake.

Everyone has different tastes. I fux with her cause she flows so well and I love her voice (Even though she can't sing for shiiiiit.)

Also I guess another factor that has me feelin her is that she's a NY chick...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
i'm like mad sexist when it comes to rap lololol. i just can't listen to female rappers for some reason. lauryn hill is dope.....that's kinda it for me

I figured out why men try us cause we o-d on rims and thin tires
For that we Len Bias
All it takes a punch he ain’t brave he a punk
I’ll put his family in boxes meet the Brady Bunch
How yall feel yall selves Shaquille yall selves
Us cowboys don’t need you you Bill Parcell
And you ain’t gotta empty ya pockets when the K’s out
Whatever you holdin is mine you my Paypal
See I don’t get how this guy is a treat
I’ll make his life a net por pie to the neck
Ride or die or do both ***** ride to the death
I’ll acapella the whole left side of his chest

too easy. all joey fans should know this one :)
LOL Family Reunion XDDD

I can still remember when I first heard this...-dead @ last line-

I still buy albums...but I've usually heard em first. Even if I don't like an album, if I feel like they weren't bull****ting me and half-assing the project (see Curtis), I'll buy it. It's my way of justifying my illegal endeavors...

Lol @ ghostwriting...it could be true. I guarantee Detox (whenever it drops) is gonna be ghostwritten by like 20 different artists...gonna sound like We Are the World part 3...lmao

Edit: btw...he said neck...

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
he said neck where?

and i try to buy albums my self. i download a lot, but when i feel like an album is just too good, i have to buy it. that doesn't happen all the time though. I bought padded room before i listened to it :) should've bought the mood muzik's first, but it pissed me off that mm3: the album didn't have 5th Gear on the cd version >__>

Suspect

Smash Hero
Oh its a given Detox will be ghostwritten, it's happening right now im sure.

speaking of ghost writing...

BOW WOW

Label jumping ***, just looking for people to ghost write for him. What a puppet

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
he said neck where?
LOL nevermind dude XDDD

and i try to buy albums my self. i download a lot, but when i feel like an album is just too good, i have to buy it. that doesn't happen all the time though. I bought padded room before i listened to it :) should've bought the mood muzik's first, but it pissed me off that mm3: the album didn't have 5th Gear on the cd version >__>
I hate how they changed the beat for "Find A Way" (or Whatever It Takes...same song).

The original beat fit it much more.

I don't buy albums from artists I've never heard of till I hear it. If I think they aren't hopelessly horrible (which is rare) I'll pick it up. I'm a bad person, I know XD

Oh its a given Detox will be ghostwritten, it's happening right now im sure.

speaking of ghost writing...

BOW WOW

Label jumping ***, just looking for people to ghost write for him. What a puppet
QFTTTT

The whore of hip-hop.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Lmao, I was talkin about you name searching yourself XD

I'm not so conceited that I think people take the time out of their day to name search me, lmao.

And hell yea, what do you think I'm listening to on my Zune at Sassy's? Certainly not ur Wii's Rainbow Cruise music, LOL
ohh okay got confused..
hell yea i name searched myself I am conceited, cocky, arrogant, stubborn nd I wanna see who talkin bout me :chuckle:
No but fareal man get out that music fits perfectly for that stage.. At least I took that sonic music out cause it started to sound wack..
but yo all my music is dope as **** now so you won't need that zune anymore

Man Im listenin to little brothers right now.. Its been a min since I rocked to the minstrel show..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4wFG5y7or8

Jane

Smash Hero
Eff yeah rhan. Nicki is fire!

If quite obvious that nicki manaj has a ghost writer
Prove it.

wow. i'm mad i remembered that terrible *** song. ahhh the time when lil jvon was somehow popular for yellin on the track
Dood, lil jon is tight i dont care what no one says! Who else can make a song hot and say less than like 20 words? And who else can do it on like... all their songs? Hahaha.

Dang, I don't seem to have much in common with you guys.

- Immortal Technique
- Mos Def
- Jedi Mind Tricks
- Big L
- Tupac
- Biggie Smalls
What are you talking about i love all those neggas. ESPECIALLY mos and L

...oh, and i never buy music. Ever. Haha if an artist wants my money they better come perform for me and bring things for me to buy.

Suspect

Smash Hero
anyone who has a ghost writer isnt going to tell anyone, so how can i prove it? To me its just common sense (like bow wow) since she is basically a female wayne.

if i could prove that her career would be over now

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
...oh, and i never buy music. Ever. Haha if an artist wants my money they better come perform for me and bring things for me to buy.
CHEAP!!!

lol at that dude's list. like everybody on there, i listen to.....except for jedi mind tricks. i hate that little crowd :).

Nicki Minaj is not impressive -__- pretty much everybody on young money sounds like wayne. if they don't, then they sound even worse *smh*.

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah they pretty much do. wayne is the best one out of all of them, and they all rap about the same ****.

but nicki is different enough and talented enough that i like her more than the rest of young money

and yeah you could call me cheap :p its my own way of making artists actually tour. although i dont think im making that much of an impact lol

rhan

Smash Hero
wow. i'm mad i remembered that terrible *** song. ahhh the time when lil jon was somehow popular for yellin on the track
LMAO!

I knew someone would remember/bring up that song as soon as I posted.

anyone who has a ghost writer isnt going to tell anyone, so how can i prove it? To me its just common sense (like bow wow) since she is basically a female wayne.

if i could prove that her career would be over now
Again, Wayne mentored Nicki. Of course they're going to sound alike but she's got her own style to it. Plus most of the **** she raps about doesn't even sound like **** Wayne would say. Only thing simular that they have in common is how they use their metaphors.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Dood, lil jon is tight i dont care what no one says! Who else can make a song hot and say less than like 20 words? And who else can do it on like... all their songs? Hahaha.
WHAT!? OKAY!! YEA-AH!!

Jon is good in songs like Yeah (Usher ft. Ludacris) as a producer and pumping up the energy in the background, but should never have a full verse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1GObglevFA

What are you talking about i love all those neggas. ESPECIALLY mos and L
Agreed.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Epik High produces songs with good rap, as far as Korean music goes.

-Terywj
Yeah. They have so many songs that are painfully deep lyrically. It's a shame that their more meaningful songs are less popular then their poppy mainstream songs like Love Love Love and One. :/

On that note, anyone in here ever heard of Drunken Tiger? >__> or am I too asian for this thread.

Top Bottom