• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's Bad Matchups (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
It seems that when me and my friends play, whenever i pic Wolf (My Main) one will pick DK, Gannondorf, or Yoshi. Now here's the thing. They're not good at this game really at all. I mean they're good, but they just use the same move over and over until they hit with it roll constantly (I haven't learned how to punish that yet) . I was wondering are these just bad match-ups against Wolf or is it me? it could be a combination of both.

PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE A TOURNAMENT TO GO TO AND I DON'T FEEL LIKE BEING SALTY OVER JANKYNESS

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I mean they're good, but they just use the same move over and over until they hit with it roll constantly (I haven't learned how to punish that yet)
It's just you.

That said, DK can land reaaaaallyyyy hard punishes against all the spacies. However, all of the spacies kinda sorta kick the crap out of DK as long as they play well. The match-up basically depends on whether the spacey lets themselves get grabbed a lot (and they have the tools to avoid getting grabbed) and whether the DK doesn't drop their combos once they get the grab.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
so im the one who sucks... dammit... welp...guess its time to practice more.

TofuZomg

Smash Rookie
With Dk and yoshi, dont get grabbed. Ironically I just went to a tourney and played a dk and then a Yoshi. I'm pretty low on skill level but that's what got me the most. Chain grabs

AcousticAdrian

Smash Apprentice
Also, beware of being grabbed by Zelda. She can chain grab you up to around 70% with up throws and up smashes, and then finish with a fair or bair.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I can not see those character being bad for Wolf. Especially not Ganon. Everyone bodys Ganon. At real low level play match up don't factor much anyway. Just practice fundamentals. Learn to punish their rolls for instance and you will be golden.

AcousticAdrian

Smash Apprentice
One of my practice partners main Zelda, and when I asked him about SDI'ing her up smash, he told me that it had some sort of SDI modifier that made it difficult or impossible to SDI out of. I would have to experiment to be sure, unless it has already been done in the past.

Edit: According to the ssbwiki, you can only SDI it enough to affect your launch point, but never enough to escape the move. The information on ssbwiki isn't always 100% accurate, however, so there is still the possibility.

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
I can not see those character being bad for Wolf. Especially not Ganon. Everyone bodys Ganon. At real low level play match up don't factor much anyway. Just practice fundamentals. Learn to punish their rolls for instance and you will be golden.
It sounds so easy to do in theory, but when you play an actually good ganon main it takes a lot more than punishing rolls to beat him.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
I think my main problem with Gannon is that down B kick.. Covers so much area. Should I be rolling into it? Spot dodging and rolling back doesn't seem to work (obviously this is when I can't jump over it or evade it any other way.)
But yeah I've been trying to read rolls more, becoming less predictable and I hope that works. My ledge came could become better to.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
If you knew it was coming, the simplest you could do is sheild then grab

Top Bottom