• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Wolf is a monster in this game, and is VERY difficult to beat with Lucas. I'd like to start this thread to find out what tricks us Psi users have against the space-savvy furball with the F-Smash of the future. I'll kick us off.

In a neutral stance at a distance, Lucas is at a disadvantage. Laser is faster and out-ranges PK Fire, and Psi Magnet is punishable and comes out somewhat slow. When in a neutral stance, try to perfect shield any laser that come your way, so your shield does not diminish, and if you can, bat them away.

In close quarters, Lucas is at a strong disadvantage. Wolf's downsmash is extremely powerful and will out-speed and out-prioritize any of your attacks unless you can hit him first. The best thing to do when you're in tight with Wolf is to either use your jab combo or neutral air to get out some quick attacks, or get out of there.

Off Stage Lucas suffers, though maneuverable and well equipped to deal with Wolf's edge guarding, often-times a well positioned laser or fsmash can put you in a gimp able spot. Recover low, air dodge on your way up and snake the stage to avoid getting dunked or having to recover at an awkward angle with PKT2 (not that you scrubbos should have a problem with the straight up PKT2 :D)

Dealing with Wolf's controlled aggression is very difficult. A good Wolf will camp with 2-3 lasers and not directly attack your shield, because he knows he can be punished effectively with grabs for free. However, his laser takes chunks out of your shield, and shielding too many attacks can put you in some shield trouble. This is why perfect shielding is EXTREMELY important, keeping your shield strong, and leaving you without shield lag for Wolf to approach in, and leaving you more free to move around the stage.

You can also perfect shield his fsmash and counter with a bat to effectively damage and KO.

ramiel77

Smash Rookie
This seems accurate...I dislike wolf in general (especially his glitch of going through certain stages with his is side b) I feel like another good move would be to try and wave bounce him or come above the fsmash with an fair

MTFFFG

Smash Apprentice
I actually haven't had too much trouble with wolf. You just have to keep your distance from him so he can't accomplish any combos. I never try to pkt when i am standing on the ground because of the lag it creates. Just keep your spacing and whenever he fires his laser, just use your bstick. It comes out faster and leaves without any lag. When you push down on the bstick the psimagnet comes out as fast as fox's shine and leaves after half a second which is good since you don't want to leave any openings.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
whenever my bro plays as wolf he calls me a chicken cuz i won't fight him face to face. he calls me a cheating noob cuz i use all my ranged attacks and won't let him get close to me. also, a big thing against wolf, ALWAYS GET THE SMASH BALL! if he gets it you are ****ed. it is impossible to avoid getting murdered at least once with his FS. any avoiding techniques? i am all ears... that is why i make all my custom stages non-landmaster-accessible. my bro is wolf whenever i whoop him. i think wolf is the n00best character, aside from olimar... so i just pick someone just as cheap! dedede! I <3 infinite wall grab! hat usually shuts him up and makes him switch characters. the wall grab requires no skill whatsoever so you pretty much win... but back to Lucas... (geez i sure do get off the subject) just keep your distance. i find pkt2 to be especially useful.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is my biggest weakness in 1v1s. It could have just been the stages (stupid Air Cruise...) but I'm more convinced that it was Wolf. The best strategy I have developed for him is to fake entrance into an aerial, but land and go for a a quick smash on the ground, especially the stick or the A button combo. A decent spam of PK Fire helps a bit, and it is able to cancel his gun. (I've been able to cancel two shots with one PK Fire. I haven't had a 1v1 with a Wolf since I learned Wavebouncing though, so that might help as well, if for nothing more than spacing.

hazard99

Smash Cadet
Does Lucas' down smash have priority over Wolf's forward smash?

If it does, then use it when ever you expect him to use his forward smash.

Levitas

the moon
Dude, wolf has very little on lucas. I disagree with a lot of your points. First off, at a range Lucas is at the advantage. His lasers are slow. Your bat works, your magnet works, and your fire is still just as good.

His recovery is very vulnerable.

Lucas has a lot of recovery options.

Lucas has higher priority in the air, and on the ground, the best surprise rush wolf has is his fsmash.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Does Lucas' down smash have priority over Wolf's forward smash?

If it does, then use it when ever you expect him to use his forward smash.
He can just run up and hit you after it if you miss.

I'd like to know more about taking out Wolf's recovery, Levitas

Hose A

Smash Cadet
I agree with Levitas. Wolf doesn't have much on Lucas. Lucas has great range, and keeping Wolf at bay, he won't be able to get in on you. His recovery is very vulnerable to PK Thunder, or just a simple SH off and grapple the edge.

Top Bottom