• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Overrated?

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
In the tier lists, which are total garbage, wolf is usually on high/top tier. Is Wolf really overrated?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
We'll see when an official tier list is released. If he is overrated, then he will be in a lower tier, simple as that. :)

LANDMASTERED!

Smash Rookie
Well, I really want to point out that sure Wolf is good but he isn't overrated. He is like Falco from Melee, hard hitter and his attacks are quick to boot. Sure Nintendo did overdone his Landmaster, but other than that, that is all. Also, for a character of above average power, his attacks and his speed of attacks are amazing.

WOLF FTW!!!!

mahBOl

Smash Rookie
I'm just unhappy they put landmaster in there 3 times, along with links final smash two times, if you include toon link. i would suggest wolf calling out team Starwolf and they bomb the place. simple as that.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
FS's should not be in place with tiers. Wolf is in the same class as Fox/Falco from what I hear, which is debuffed from Melee. Still annoying, still fast, still can KO due to nasty direction of smashes, but they're not all powerful.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
In the tier lists, which are total garbage, wolf is usually on high/top tier. Is Wolf really overrated?
I'm not sure whether your trying to start an intelligent conversation or if you're just trying to annoy us. Regardless, I kinda understand what you're saying. Don't get me wrong, I think Wolf is a great character, he likely will end up high or top tier in my opinion. And he's also my main, and I swear that I'll kill myself before I main a different character. The problem with him is that he seems to be a popular character for people who want to be part of Brawl's competitive scene, but weren't around for Melee's. This is of course not a bad thing. However, this also creates problems with Wolf's image. Whenever I watch matches on Youtube with Wolf, way too often the Wolf players just aren't good at all. When there's matches all over the internet of Wolf players getting easily chaingrabbed and edge-gaurded ( Techniques that aren't impossible to escape or counter ), I can't blame people for considering Wolf overrated. To make things worse, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of good Wolf players out there either. If there's not many people who are serious about playing him competitively, then I think it's very possible that we may never see Wolf's full potential. To me, that's a really scary thought and it's going to cause me to lose sleep tonight. Really, I do hope I'm completely wrong about all this, but right now Wolf's future doesn't seem very bright. Then again, maybe I'm also just jumping to conclusions, after all, Brawl has only been released in the US for three weeks.

Relhots

Smash Lord
I'm not sure whether your trying to start an intelligent conversation or if you're just trying to annoy us. Regardless, I kinda understand what you're saying. Don't get me wrong, I think Wolf is a great character, he likely will end up high or top tier in my opinion. And he's also my main, and I swear that I'll kill myself before I main a different character. The problem with him is that he seems to be a popular character for people who want to be part of Brawl's competitive scene, but weren't around for Melee's. This is of course not a bad thing. However, this also creates problems with Wolf's image. Whenever I watch matches on Youtube with Wolf, way too often the Wolf players just aren't good at all. When there's matches all over the internet of Wolf players getting easily chaingrabbed and edge-gaurded ( Techniques that aren't impossible to escape or counter ), I can't blame people for considering Wolf overrated. To make things worse, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of good Wolf players out there either. If there's not many people who are serious about playing him competitively, then I think it's very possible that we may never see Wolf's full potential. To me, that's a really scary thought and it's going to cause me to lose sleep tonight. Really, I do hope I'm completely wrong about all this, but right now Wolf's future doesn't seem very bright. Then again, maybe I'm also just jumping to conclusions, after all, Brawl has only been released in the US for three weeks.
the only good wolf players i have seen/played is...

Me, White_Lighting, Ghost07, Biggie_Smalls... So if you want to see a good wolf, play one of these guys...(except me, since my dang tv broke)(And yes, these guys are extremely good, so dont take them lightly... ghost is easily the most technical)

Every youtube vid (of wolf) that i have seen, is basically the player just spamming either his f-smash, blaster, or some useless move that doesn't even make any sense to use (i.e. up+b)

And, yes, i do believe wolf is over-rated, just for the fact that people are giving him a bad image...It sickens me...

Top Bottom