• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf on Yoshi's Island

Samuch

Smash Cadet
If you are playing as Wolf on Yoshi's Island. You can exploit the map a bit. I say exploit, so I'm not sure if it's a true bug...

Anyways, select wolf, and then go to either side of the map(on the ground) and then do an energem towards the center of the stage.

One would expect that the wolf energem goes diagonally and pops wolf in the air. Not on this map near the edge. You actually stick to the ground. So if an opponent is in the middle, and you energem, you can sweet spot them.

It has something to do with the angled edges I believe, but it doesn't happen on Yoshi's Story. Island only.

I personally like this, because I dabble in Wolf and people don't expect it at all, but it's not really fair. Not even sure if anything could be done about it.

edit: Found a post on Reddit that actually shows something similar: http://gfycat.com/PaleBoringEagle -- Wolf Side-Bs onto the stage(perfectly angled to ride the...angle), shortens the side-B, and then is able to do this. Now I really believe that this is impossible to fix. :p

Last edited:

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
This is why you always ban sloped stages against a Wolf player that knows how to abuse it. They can essentially throw out a "no-commitment" side-b

Top Bottom