• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf FTW: Your Best Wolf Wins

LANDMASTERED!

Smash Rookie
I am not sure if this is up on other parts on the site but this is strictly to Wolf.

I want to know, and maybe others to, your BEST WINS with Wolf O'Donnell. What did you do as your most intresting KO for the win. Was it something random, or something very skillful?

For me, I have used him quite a bit. Killed someone using his Illusion off the edge, sweetspot the spike for the win, and landed on the edge soon after. Not so great but hard to pull and live from it soon after.

So what did you do. Post it on here your most BEST VICTORIES WITH WOLF YET!

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
Most of the time when it comes down to the last life i change the way i play just a bit that way im less predictable and it gives me the edge for the win. Many of my last kills are with what i call *The wolf bomb* his Dair. Another thing they never expect is the illusion just far enough so that if u do miss the spike hit you will grab the edge and from there easily stage scar back onto the edge. If my opponent likes to roll dodge alot of the time I can trick them into going by the edge from there ill start charging a Dsmash attack and out of reflex they will roll dodge near me and die. I Think my best win with wolf so far was in a 2v2 match when my partner was dead and the other team had a total of 5 lives left and i had two. You have to play mind games with them trick them into your attacks and you will always come on top. I will begin recording my matches and posting them soon so you can see them. My Tag is Xzion and my Aim is PlanB9960 if you want to see how i play just send me an aim message and ill give you a friends code

As for my most interesting winning kill was also in a 2v2 match and it was completely....random and total luck to be honest. we play with Team attack on and everyone had one life i had two both of the opposite team was off the edge and my team mate was infront of me so i Charged up my Dsmash next to my team mate and hit him. He flew into both of them and all three of them died. It will probably never happen again no matter how many times i try but it was really funny and we got a good laugh from it.

Yes i might be a competitive player but that doesn't mean i don't know how to have fun with the game with my friends. :laugh: :p

LANDMASTERED!

Smash Rookie
I'll give you my friend code next week......since my Wii currently is not located where I have my computer (I am using another persons Wi-Fi in the other house)......I like your strategy.....diffently need to face you one day.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
yeah itll be fun and yeah my wii isnt anywhere near my comp>.> so i cant talk on aim and be on the wii at the same time unfortunately

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
My Tag is Xzion and my Aim is PlanB9960 if you want to see how i play just send me an aim message and ill give you a friends code
hmm... don't know if it'll lag as hell since I live in Sweden, but hey, why not give it a try :D?I'm adding yours now, but I have to switch my network cabel, so I want to know if you can play now? ^^

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
i cant play now unfortunately...and maybe not even Friday well maybe Friday. im going to right down your FC Ralucard and yeah itll probably lag. i have a lag taunt so if u see it i just dont fight during the lag and just w8 for the pass and if it doesn't im sorry we gave it a shot. but i wont be able to play tonight. Add me to your Aim and send me a message maybe tomorrow u could give it a shot

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
i cant play now unfortunately...and maybe not even Friday well maybe Friday. im going to right down your FC Ralucard and yeah itll probably lag. i have a lag taunt so if u see it i just dont fight during the lag and just w8 for the pass and if it doesn't im sorry we gave it a shot. but i wont be able to play tonight. Add me to your Aim and send me a message maybe tomorrow u could give it a shot
Aim :D ???

sorry don't know what that is, I only use MSN if it's something like that =P
anyway, I'm adding your FC and maybe you'll add mine if you want someday when you can. And maybe I'll get in contact with you on brawl or here when your online someday ;D

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
lol alright well yeah this weekend or something ill send you a pm if u wanna play i have your FC so thats all good.

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
aokay, goodie ;)

recently met someone from Wifiwars named Hydde, his location said Southeast... I too can change my location though I don't know where the source location is >_> anyhow he said he lived far away from sweden, sure it was some buttondelay but it was playable. Hope it'll be as good for us then =P

"sorry for offtopic xD"

LANDMASTERED!

Smash Rookie
Lets try to make this stay on topic. Wolf_FTW like I said, I'll try to give you my friend code soon (check this topic peridoically). Anywho Ralucard, did you do anything interesting with Wolf? And others post your interesting victories with Wolf here!

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
yeah back on topic though after this weekend i should have videos maybe hopefully quality that you can actually see whats going on and ill post them in this topic.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Well I don't go on wifi much and I never been to a tourney outside the gamestop one, so its a CPU battle

It was me wolf vs cpu9 ike and with 5 stock I perfected him but spiking and murdering with dair-down b-forward smash combo and trying the SH fair combo. I murdered it like nothing.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
One time, I tried spiking with Wolf's Dair but missed. So I accidentally used my Side B to recover back to the stage, it ended up sweetspotting my opponent and spiking him.

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
Anywho Ralucard, did you do anything interesting with Wolf?
hmm.. well maybe the most unexpected victory for me, (my opponent didnt expect this) was when I was playing against a very skilled marth player, it was really even until the end when she thought she'd won (and I thought I lost for sure) but I didn't get killed. Now i just had to get back in the field. Marth had already been out trying to knock me out for good with fair attacks and were now hogging the edge... and waiting... Then BAM! I teleported (Forward B or whatever you call it) snatched the edge at the same time as Marth got hitted with my sweetspot and were sent to oblivion.

And well, thats about the most memorable win for me, so far at least ;P

mahBOl

Smash Rookie
One of my best wins with wolf was on one of my custom stages (lol, named spikes, DX) and the guy was falling off the screen, i jumped under him, then did "Up A" move, then did "Side A" and he went flying to the right side, roflmao.

mahBOl

Smash Rookie
I was also using wolf once in boss battles, i was against "the final sse boss" (no spoilers sorry) and he was about to do the thing with his wings where huge sound waves come out, i was about to fall off screen, he had like 1% health till he died, and i did wolfs crappy recovery attack and pwnd him once "he" finished the move. lol.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
On the day my mate got a US import, a load of us went round to his house for a Smash-up, Teams-Style.

Me (Wolf) and Smudge (D3) were against a couple of Pits on Wind Waker's boat stage, and after Smudge and Pit_29 (other team) got knocked out, it was me and Turner left to battle. His one stock vs. my two.

We were at the front of the ship, where I spammed the AAA combo to taunt Turner from the other side, which worked. He came over, rolled to the front tip of the boat to attack me from behind. But before he could I turned, jabbed once, grabbed into an up throw, Bair jump Bair onto the mast's platform, jump to Bair twice and an Up-B. The little kick at the end of the drill finished him off.

It was so sweet it gave me tooth-ache.

rockn&rolln

Smash Rookie
The coolest kill I got with him was I jumped out after a Falco who did a side b to spike me but i reflected and he ended up falling to his death.

ioKain

Smash Rookie
One trick I like to use is Wolf's down throw near the edge. Since regular smash attacks send people so high in the air it's difficult to edge guard them. The down throw sends them flying straight of the edge and is much easier to jump and get a fair off and get back on.

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
I finally got to meet you and well, though the horrible butonlag we adapted and it runned off pretty smoothly, and if I had to say, we were pretty even Wolf players ;D

And I guess those other 2 were some of your friends.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
yeah u got me at a bad time i wanted to get more matches in but i was at a party >.< lol another time we could have more im sorry we only got 2 matches in and yeah the button lag was kinda bad but thats for obvious reasons lol so yeah anytime u wanna get more matches in we could practice against each other.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Frigate Orpheon stage, about to flip. It flips, me and my opponent are both in the air, I accidently hit down on the c stick, and spike him for the victory. Pretty epic.

waks

Smash Journeyman
I havent played much Wolf recently, but I gotta say one of my favorite wins would be vs Falco.

He was gonna illusion to get back to the stage, and I was able to dair him. Yeah I know, lucky.

AMR

Smash Rookie
Hey new wolf player and new to the forums.

My favorite wins with wolf so far has been a D-Throw near the edge so they slide off, into a D-air. it's Boss if you pull it off and looks cool as hell.

Then there is my favorite. I was playing against a friend of mine and he had me on the ledge hanging off on battlefield, waiting for me to get on to kill me. We were both over 100% and he was playing marth so it could go either way still. I did the Foward B move to go through the stage just to recover, but I ended up sweetspoting it on him, and he died. It was great xD

I've done it a couple times so far and it feels great every time.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
My best wolf win was I was playing online verse a lucario. 3 stocks

ALL three stocks I killed him where by reflecting his aura ball backk it him.

LOL

Feels like the best ko ever when you get them with their own medicine.

smashking14

Smash Cadet
I was playing G&W and he was on the edge of the stage. He started to do his sausage flipping move when I shot him with the blaster and he fell off the edge and died.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Story starts with my WII being broken 2 days after brawl's release. There was a tournament the following weekend and I needed to train with a character and now only had the basic roster because I played on my friend's WII. So I went with Fox. I went to the tournament and won all my matches using fox up until the last two matches. The first guy picked wolf and beat me so I counter picked wolf and beat him twice. Final match I won twice with Wolf again. It felt awesome winning using a character I had hardly played...

LANDMASTERED!

Smash Rookie
It has been awhile since my last post.......Anywho, my recent win with Wolf was during th weekend. Me versus three other random people online, me Wolf and another Sonic. Then the Smash Ball appeared. It was a mad dash between me and Sonic. Sonic wins the Smash Ball but just as he got it, my Wolf Flash (Wolf's Illusion side B) sweetspotted Sonic and knock him off the stage (no spike). The best thing was that one Sonic just got the Smash Ball but failed to use it and two, this K.O. gave me the +1 to win the match.

GG

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Well, this isn't a win story, though i did win, its all about the first ko of the match. This KO is right up there with the landmaster thru the center of yoshis island. Basically i was wolf vs link. Start of the match, link tosses gale boomerang and starts charging an arrow. I reflect boomerang back, it blows him off the stage, he shoots the arrow, up+b's but misses the ledge and dies. I proceeded to taunt for the extent of my entire first life.

epic.

KingShade

Smash Rookie
my best win with wolf was against my friends jigglypuff in smashville we both were on our last stocks and both over 100% i bair'd him to the right side of the stage, far enough that you dont see the char but see the little magnifying glass-thing but not far enough to kill him, so to recover he starts charging up rollout. so chasing after him i time his rollout and jump and dair him just as his rollout is flying to hit me.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
I was playing against my friend a while ago just fooling around he was Wario and he used his motorcycle to try and get back on to the edge. Right befor he reached the edge with it i jumped up and Daired him. The motorcycle fell apart and he was spiked threw it.

Top Bottom