• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf flash error?

kungfurabbits

Smash Apprentice
First let me say that this isn't a topic about using the Side+B to go through the side of the stage or any of the other variances of this that have been spoken of usually in the same topic (at least that I know of).

I've had this happen on multiple occasions where it in fact helped me and was probably going to ask it here eventually, but once this happened and it got me killed I figured now is the time to ask.

I use both the Up+B (fire wolf) and Side+B (Wolf flash) to get back. Generally I will use Wolf flash when it will get me to grab the edge or go into the person standing on the edge.

However it has happened many times that the slightly angled flash movement of Wolf does not happen but it instead does sort or a glide sometimes straight through the air and along the ground sort of like the look of wavedashing from SSBM. And when this does happen, the opponent (well actually the computer, I don't have many human opponents b/c no online play:( ) takes a swing at me but it just goes through me during this process.

I don't exactly know how to make this happen but it's only happened when I've used the attack coming back from off the stage (I tried in practice mode on the stage and couldn't do it).

So the last time this happened, after the countless times of the good effect of it, instead of it doing the straight gliding motion, Wolf moved only about a distance = to the length of Wolf in the air and then just fell down with no extra jump.

So I'd like to assume that other people have experienced this.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Wow lol, never have I read a more vague description of anything in my entire life, lol jk. But I think your referring to Illusion canceling, it occurs when you over+b, then press B again while Wolf is actually in the animation, you only have about 3 or so frames to hit the B button in, and it will cancel the move half way through the sent wolf on a horizontal trajectory.

1337z0r

Smash Cadet
its canceling his flash. ive died a few times from it since i repeatedly press b to try to get flash to work fast.

kungfurabbits

Smash Apprentice
That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. Mainly b/c on the SSB Dojo, Sakurai said

"After inputting the command for Fox and Falco’s side special attack, quickly press the special move button a second time to throw on the emergency brake and stop the attack."

He didn't include wolf in this so I wasn't sure.

Top Bottom