• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
NAKAT, go Pikachu until Seagull learns the MU :p

Gheb voices his dissatisfaction with things a lot, it comes off pretty negatively sometimes but that's about it. And honestly, I'm glad MK's gone just because it means that things will be more varied in the US. EU might not have the same issue that we do, and I still think there are a lot of holes in banning a character, but if that's what things have to come to, then so be it :x

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I only lose to :pikachu2:/:dedede: mains. I never lose to pocket/alt characters that aren't :metaknight:. Get that outta hereeeeee.

:018:

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Can't let you do that starfox.

And I just realized that :fox: gets hurt harder then :wolf: with a :metaknight: ban...Who does he cp :sheik:, :pikachu2:, and :popo: with now?

I would think you guys get hurt just as bad too since those characters beat Wolf as well. This is where learning new characters becomes a necessity because of those three which makes me a little nervous. I think I have myself covered though.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I would think you guys get hurt just as bad too since those characters beat Wolf as well. This is where learning new characters becomes a necessity because of those three which makes me a little nervous. I think I have myself covered though.
:sheik: and :popo: don't hard cp :wolf:. :sheik: is -1 and :popo: is arguably even. Our problem character is :dedede: @____@...But it's cool because :wolf:'s can just pick up :diddy:, :popo:, or :olimar: and our 3 hard cp's are gone essentially (cg :wario:, :dedede:, and :pikachu2:).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Got ***** by Diddy Kong (JJ Rockets). I have no idea how to play that matchup as I have 0 matchup experience, lol. Glad I never really expressed that I knew that matchup well.

Lost to YoshQ earlier, played really well the first match, got way to aggressive the 2nd and got UP-B gimped.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I played against jS for the first time in a long time. Surprisingly he hasn't lost any skill with his DK or Luigi at all, and his DK still beat my Wolf several times. Unfortunately we didn't have hacks on so we didn't get to save any replays. One match had a really interesting moment (I spiked him and he followed me into my Up B so it propelled him up to save him). I did realize that I have gotten better since back when I used to play him cause I do things now that I didn't used to (a lot more B Reversals).

Though he also tried using Marth, who he used to be decent with. I 3 stocked it :l Poor Marth.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
So Wolf is great with ledge pressure. Just thought you guys should know.

JJ, any updates on WOFL guarding? Also, tell Choice to actually use SWF, we need him for MU discussions for the upcoming MU chart D:

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
So I had an awesome bday weekend. We had a pretty huge drunken smashfest at one of my friend's house and we turned it into a tournament at like 2 AM. XD AND DRUNK WOFL PREVAILED AS THE WINNER! >:D

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Drunk Mewtwo is the best drunk Smash character ever. UpB all over the place, it's impossible to beat xD

Also, I realized that I only update the thread title when it's someone's birthday lol

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
:sheik: and :popo: don't hard cp :wolf:. :sheik: is -1 and :popo: is arguably even. Our problem character is :dedede: @____@...But it's cool because :wolf:'s can just pick up :diddy:, :popo:, or :olimar: and our 3 hard cp's are gone essentially (cg :wario:, :dedede:, and :pikachu2:).

Just curious, which good Sheiks have you played? Like have you played a Sheik of Judo's caliber before? I reallllyyyy don't think it's -1. It feels closer to -2 to me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I also think Sheik is harder than all our -1s and that -2 for her is definitely not wrong.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I also think Sheik is harder than all our -1s and that -2 for her is definitely not wrong.

YES! I completely agree. Her aerial's all combo into her tilt, her ground speed makes it difficult to get away from her and platform camping really doesn't help all that much. Sure we can keep her out decently, but she can most definitely still get in on us and that's all it takes.

Playing Judo again myself and watching Kain play him at SiiS6 pretty much reassured my thoughts on that MU.

@Rob: I'm still working on a character for Sheik. :x It's a toss up between Pika and Diddy, but I'll most likely go with Diddy since it takes less effort and he also covers the Pika/D3 MUs. My real secondary atm is Wario, but he only takes care of Pika for me. >.>

_Kain_

Smash Champion
My match vs Judo wasn't really good reference. I approached, which is something that shouldn't happen in that MU. I got out of ftilt like 6-7 times 3rd match, and then I did something stupid like blaster in the face or buffer upsmash to get put back in ftilt. I played the MU real dumb, even MJG was telling me wasn't being patient at all. The MU isn't that bad, it's just annoying cause you have to watch out for stuff. I don't think anything she has combos into ftilt. And if you shield it you can punish with jab or something to get her away. And she is super easy to ledge trap, kill when she's recovering.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
That's the thing though, one screw up and it's a stock. That's why I think it's bad. You'd have to space her pretty perfectly the entire match, which typically isn't going to happen.

Also depending on the stage, she can still be a pain. If you're trying to platform camp and keep away, she can still hit you with utilt and ftilt from under the platform. >.> Depending on the situation, she can get an ftilt out of utilt, bair and even fair. It all depends on where you get hit by them. (in the air, near the ground, etc.)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Idk, I see Sheik being a borderline -1/-2 at best :/ but then again I don't really have any experience. We're discussing that MU now for the MU chart actually, any additional thoughts Lumi?

I think it's easier than our other -2s and -3s because the spacing against Sheik is more lenient. She can't ftilt out of a dash or out of shield like other characters can grab, which makes it harder to land the lock. Aside from that, she has needles and good speed, but that's about it, idk.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I feel that way too, Ish. I feel like she's somewhere between -1 and -2. It's really hard to pinpoint which way it leans though. XD She's not as bad as Pikachu, but she's definitely harder to fight than like... Snake imo.

Even though she can't dash grab like our other bad MUs, her ground speed/dash attack still set her up decently for follow-ups. Her dash attack is really good for punishing small mistakes. This MU is really hard to theorycraft tbh. XD You think it's really easy to stay away from the tilt and whatnot, but the Sheik's I have played adapt to your camping and still find a way in with her ground speed/fast aerials.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Just curious, which good Sheiks have you played? Like have you played a Sheik of Judo's caliber before? I reallllyyyy don't think it's -1. It feels closer to -2 to me.
Neo, Tristin Win, Tutu, Noid, and Snakeee.

If you ever play the matchup and they put you above like 60% then it's :wolf:'s favor around there. Looool. Dthrow her offstage, camp her, and Fair OoS. It's a -1.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
What do you mean camp her? You can't necessarily aerial camp her and you can't camp her with your blaster. Plus 60% is a lot considering the low damage Sheik does. Those are more chances for them to trip you up and get you in the lock.

I get it, ideally you won't get hit by the tilt because Wolf has the tools to space her. However, whenever you put mindgames and reads into it, it's not that simple. >.> This is why I don't think this MU is easy to theorycraft and pinpoint a ratio to.

There's too much to worry about for it to be -1 and there's not enough to worry about to be a full on -2. I also think it varies from player to player. Some of us think of our hard counters as -2 and our -2's as -3's. Personally, I still think that Falco really isn't -1 for us. It may not be completely even, but it's damn close and even on some stages.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Try playing her on Ps1, Yi, or Bf.

And if you know they're trying to tilt lock you then set it up so your at the edge of the stage. This way, you can continually DI towards the ledge and it'll end before you get tipper Usmash'd...Then from there, rap3.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Wofl has the advantage over falco.

I was playing Choice in Wofl dittoes and he was winning most of them.
When he switched to falco, I started winning most of them.

Choice's Falco is just as good as his Wofl

and we both actually DO know the Wofl matchup,

and since I started winning vs his Falco and Wofl vs Wofl is 50/50

that means Wofl vs Falco is better than 50/50

infallible logic

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Plus 60% is a lot considering the low damage Sheik does.
...What? Sheik racks up damage very quickly actually.

As far as Sheik vs. Wolf goes, I don't know that matchup much at all unfortunately, from either side. I've played it every now and then and I know for sure it's Sheik's advantage obviously, but I don't know how much since I don't try to force the tilt lock with her.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Judo and I love BF and PS1 actually. I think YI is a good choice, or a stage where you can rely on Sheik's very poor horizontal air speed.

Judo is a much better player than I but I flux between playing Lumi straight or losing depending on various things. I also agree that it's somewhere between +1/2 but I actually lean closer to the former. I don't really understand Wolf as a character yet.

There have been more than a few times that I've asked Lumi about the MU. I talked to Judo after his win and he mentioned that it was actually a bit difficult to keep Kain locked and having to constantly switch sides to keep him there. That doesn't even account (or maybe it does...) for the amount of tines I saw Kain shine out over the course of that set.

I personally find it hard to keep Wolves locked if they DI right.

:phone:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wofl has the advantage over falco.

I was playing Choice in Wofl dittoes and he was winning most of them.
When he switched to falco, I started winning most of them.

Choice's Falco is just as good as his Wofl

and we both actually DO know the Wofl matchup,

and since I started winning vs his Falco and Wofl vs Wofl is 50/50

that means Wofl vs Falco is better than 50/50

infallible logic
Plausible.

Now tell us about Wofl Guarding already >:O

Top Bottom