• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, my wii can only record 3 minute videos still because I'm lazy and don't know how to do anything cool...so that makes it a problem.

Trent (top 4 Sonic before he retired) hides videos of us playing because it's embarrasing for him to lose to me :0, but I was able to find one video (I'm pharaohrobman too). However, in the first match my control stick was sticking the right, so keep that in mind).

Honestly, MK Mike (samus) is as good as NOID imo, but I don't have any videos of us playing because it wouldn't be nice to record them (plus 3 minute matches against Samus=impossible). Wolf's Air speed/dodge makes samus a joke if they play SPAMUS instead of ZairMUS. I'll try and convince him to let me record one.

Yoshi, I've played DarkYosh, who was #4 on the hypothetical pre-MRM/Trent era NEPR (behind Cue/Sm3esh/ResTy) and when he was in practice, he was really good and actually beat me twice in tournament (balanced brawl tournament, so it doesn't count :p) but once you learn how to get around eggs and figure out how to not get grabbed (it's difficult) things go well. I may have a video of me vs him or Ngamer (IA Yoshi) somewhere, but I doubt it.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Ish, I don't think I've ever actually said that 0_0

:059:
i think ish means to say is that a controller isn't what's holding you back from being a national contending wolf player.

Ish is just saying it in a nice way because he's a nice guy.

btw i didn't say it and i don't have an opinion on whether or not i agree with him or not. I just know Ish and his yellowfever jargon.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I fight Sonics all the time. Basically just realize that he'll have a lot of trouble killing you and avoid his kill moves.

See, I don't do that lol. That, and I've only played like two Sonics in my life so I don't really know much about the MU @_@

i think it would be worse if MKs learned the matchup, too

but i'm from new mexico, my opinion is surprisingly valid :awesome:
Fixed :awesome:

Well, my wii can only record 3 minute videos still because I'm lazy and don't know how to do anything cool...so that makes it a problem.

Trent (top 4 Sonic before he retired) hides videos of us playing because it's embarrasing for him to lose to me :0, but I was able to find one video (I'm pharaohrobman too). However, in the first match my control stick was sticking the right, so keep that in mind).

Honestly, MK Mike (samus) is as good as NOID imo, but I don't have any videos of us playing because it wouldn't be nice to record them (plus 3 minute matches against Samus=impossible). Wolf's Air speed/dodge makes samus a joke if they play SPAMUS instead of ZairMUS. I'll try and convince him to let me record one.

Yoshi, I've played DarkYosh, who was #4 on the hypothetical pre-MRM/Trent era NEPR (behind Cue/Sm3esh/ResTy) and when he was in practice, he was really good and actually beat me twice in tournament (balanced brawl tournament, so it doesn't count :p) but once you learn how to get around eggs and figure out how to not get grabbed (it's difficult) things go well. I may have a video of me vs him or Ngamer (IA Yoshi) somewhere, but I doubt it.
I see... yeah, let me know if you can get more videos sometime. For Sonic, I see that a safe blastering distance and good use of spotdodging is pretty helpful :o

Welcome back ;D

Ish, I don't think I've ever actually said that 0_0

i think ish means to say is that a controller isn't what's holding you back from being a national contending wolf player.

Ish is just saying it in a nice way because he's a nice guy.

btw i didn't say it and i don't have an opinion on whether or not i agree with him or not. I just know Ish and his yellowfever jargon.
lol it's moreso that I feel like you always talk about yourself getting to that level, but I never actually see anything from you, idk. From what I saw months and months ago I definitely think that you could get up there, but what've you been up to since then? If you really want to be negative you can interpret it like JJ did lol, but you should get out to more stuff and get more videos and all of that good stuff. Otherwise it looks like you're just talking with nothing to show, y'know? It wasn't meant in a mean or rude way at all lol, just that I'd like to see more from you instead of just hearing you say these things. Which reminds me, upload/post those videos :D

castorpollux

Smash Champion
lol it's moreso that I feel like you always talk about yourself getting to that level, but I never actually see anything from you, idk. From what I saw months and months ago I definitely think that you could get up there, but what've you been up to since then? If you really want to be negative you can interpret it like JJ did lol, but you should get out to more stuff and get more videos and all of that good stuff. Otherwise it looks like you're just talking with nothing to show, y'know? It wasn't meant in a mean or rude way at all lol, just that I'd like to see more from you instead of just hearing you say these things. Which reminds me, upload/post those videos :D

yellowfever jargon translation:

you talk the talk but dont walk the walk

disclaimer:

i didn't say it and i do not necessarily agree with ishieymoro. I am just translating it because i know arda and his yellow fever jargon

tekkie

Smash Master
everyone i play against in nm has a pocket mk except me and they're all *******s for that <3

i'm getting more practice even if it's just against scrubs but if i was improving by playing brawl literally once a month then i should be able to get more done anyways :awesome:

the only problem is i'm dedicating time to lucario/diddy too and i'm getting really good with them really quickly

i keep forgetting i have a main :bee:

castorpollux

Smash Champion
someone who plays smash and writes. i placed in a writing contest with an awesome short story in the creative minds forum and got the status.
i'm someone who plays smash and trolls, and I win all the trolling contest with awesome troll plans. Where's my status?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
yellowfever jargon translation:

you talk the talk but dont walk the walk

disclaimer:

i didn't say it and i do not necessarily agree with ishieymoro. I am just translating it because i know arda and his yellow fever jargon
Dammit JJ, why won't you believe that I'm going out with a white girl -___- but if you insist, that's close enough. It's not so much about walking the walk as it is me not seeing you walk. Which isn't to say that you don't, just that I don't see it.

everyone i play against in nm has a pocket mk except me and they're all *******s for that <3

i'm getting more practice even if it's just against scrubs but if i was improving by playing brawl literally once a month then i should be able to get more done anyways :awesome:

the only problem is i'm dedicating time to lucario/diddy too and i'm getting really good with them really quickly

i keep forgetting i have a main :bee:
Well, you can use Lucario for Pika and Diddy for D3 ;D

i'm someone who plays smash and trolls, and I win all the trolling contest with awesome troll plans. Where's my status?
I can get you a status that says "banned (6 points)" if you'd like :coolmonke

tekkie

Smash Master
troll an admin hard enough so that they create it just for you

Well, you can use Lucario for Pika and Diddy for D3 ;D
lucario also does better against the ice climbers and diddy does well against snake, falco, wario, marth, mk, all the top-tiers in general. having a fall-back plan has been insanely useful so far

tekkie

Smash Master
Thank you Bead lol, everyone else had you covered :p

Tekkie, but then before you know it you're not maining Wolf anymore D:

if i can't beat someone using wolf but can beat them using a different character, i'm going to use the different character. plus, everyone around here has been playing against wolf their entire smash careers. i pick up lucario and people around here suddenly have to play against a character they haven't played a million times before. my games at the tournament here a few weeks ago were much much different (better)

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Once you main a character, it's almost impossible to stop playing them if they've been your main awhile. XD I've decided to pick up Pikachu because I'm tired of fighting D3 and Sheik with Wolf after this weekend.

I got 2-and-outed at SiiS, but I still played well despite it. I played Tech Chase first round, a D3 from Michigan. Our first game we played on SV and I played Wolf and just barely lost. The game went to time and he was ahead by 5%. :/ We were both on our second stocks still too rofl. G2 I CP'd RC and went MK and so did he. I won there and he CP'd Lylat and went back to D3. I stayed as MK and lost. I think I played pretty well though considering I don't know the D3 MU very well as MK and this was the first time I actually use MK in a bracket haha.

I got a bye round 2 of losers and then had to play Ripple. I lost to his DK game 1 and he went Sheik game 2. I didn't feel like playing it and I didn't care anymore so I just went Jigglypuff and lost. XD However I did beat King Beef in a $5 MM on Saturday, which kinda made me feel better about how I played this weekend. At least I know I'm still improving. x.x

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Actually I was getting better by quite a lot since beginning of the year and kept doing well / improving until my controller broke. From February - June I'd play better and get things done so I wasn't just talking. Couldn't really play since then though. Just you wait.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I can get you a status that says "banned (6 points)" if you'd like
can I get one of those but still be able to post L:

someone who plays smash and writes. i placed in a writing contest with an awesome short story in the creative minds forum and got the status.
...did you place on smashboards or IRLschool. I was an English major and specialized in creative writing and trolling. That's not a joke, nothing I wrote in any of the 5 CW classes would be appropriate for smashboards, except the one poem I wrote about Christmas the week after I got censored by my poetry teacher, even though he said it was hilarious, he just couldn't let a poem about 3 *****s giving blowjobs and playing smash bros melee would be appropriate for class, maybe he was a brawl fan.

D

Deleted member

if i can't beat someone using wolf but can beat them using a different character, i'm going to use the different character. plus, everyone around here has been playing against wolf their entire smash careers. i pick up lucario and people around here suddenly have to play against a character they haven't played a million times before. my games at the tournament here a few weeks ago were much much different (better)
Wait...you're playing Lucario now, too?

Laem

Smash Champion
just like you :p that suprised me actually when you went Lucario vs idk on stream.

But for real tho, besides coincidentally watching auspher i watched the last bit of SiiS stream (everything right after logic vs coney), and honestly I'm confused. Infern, Logic and Kryst all have these terrible attributes that kind of make me wonder how they place top 5, especially when right behind them are Coney (well he's 5th as well) and Kain, and others which to me appear to be more solid like MJG and AZ. Why do they all lose to an utilt spamming snake?! xd
At least Nicole and Shugo were legit.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I thought Krystedez played well, he was just farting too obviously vs Nicole. Other than that I had a good impression of him.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Oh you, always saying "once this" and "once that"
:awesome:
just like you :p that suprised me actually when you went Lucario vs idk on stream.

But for real tho, besides coincidentally watching auspher i watched the last bit of SiiS stream (everything right after logic vs coney), and honestly I'm confused. Infern, Logic and Kryst all have these terrible attributes that kind of make me wonder how they place top 5, especially when right behind them are Coney (well he's 5th as well) and Kain, and others which to me appear to be more solid like MJG and AZ. Why do they all lose to an utilt spamming snake?! xd
Kryst and Logic are both legit, they just are inconsistent in their moments of greatness XD
well.. in logics case. if you want to call mixing up usmash and pivot grab greatness

tekkie

Smash Master
can I get one of those but still be able to post L:
read the creative minds board

yep. been playing him forever but i'm finally dedicating the time to learn certain matchups and practice and actually use him in tournament. and he's way better against the ice climbers than wolf lol and that's a problem in my area :p

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:lucario: bodies :popo:. He's to slow for my taste. I also realized a garbage character for :wolf:'s to pick up for :popo:, :dedede:, and :wario: LOL: :yoshi2:. Then we can keep FD legal if :wario: takes us there cause under the ruleset we can standing infinite him till 300%~! :yoshi2:'s airspeed is nice and he legit beats :popo:. He is sorta even with :dedede:...

:018:

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Oh God, you watched me? I played pretty terribly...

The only thing I was happy about was how I did vs. Nicole and the fact that I was able to pull off flash-cancels in tourney sets, which never seems to happen.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
:lucario: bodies :popo:. He's to slow for my taste. I also realized a garbage character for :wolf:'s to pick up for :popo:, :dedede:, and :wario: LOL: :yoshi2:. Then we can keep FD legal if :wario: takes us there cause under the ruleset we can standing infinite him till 300%~! :yoshi2:'s airspeed is nice and he legit beats :popo:. He is sorta even with :dedede:...

This is why I tried picking up Yoshi about a year ago, but Smoom beat my Yoshi every time I played against his ICs so I abandoned that idea. But I didn't think about using him against Wario and D3... I may want to pick up Yoshi again.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

I've actually been thinking about this, but I play with tap jump on so idk :/

tekkie

Smash Master

if you can powershield eggs D3 does really good against yoshi lol but yeah it's not as bad as wolf :D

and lucario's all floaty and stuff it's true but it's nice to play with more involved strategy than bair bair mixup bair pray-your-opponent-doesn't-know-how-to-deal-with-it dthrow-to-tech-chase-to-dsmash-because-they-panic bair bair shine-just-because-people-don't-punish-it-enough bair bair VICTORY (or get CGed)

edit:
I've actually been thinking about this, but I play with tap jump on so idk :/
my best friend mained yoshi for a while and it was always sad to see him egg his way around the edge of the stage/offstage and just randomly plummet to his death because tap jump ate his second jump lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Lucario doesn't body IC at all =/

But I'm also starting to think that it'd be more effective in the long run to use an oddball counter to our counters than to pick up MK or other top tiers. I have considered GW [even though I don't think he's a good character] because he's a great character for doubles, can be used on Wolf's worst stages and does fine enough vs all our match-ups that are worse than -1.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I've never had a problem with my bad matchups since I use :metaknight: as well. I'm just suggesting ideas for you guys. I might pick up :yoshi2:. It'd make sense since I troll their skype chat daily. Deltacod, Poltergust, Hadesblade, Firefly, YOSH, Slush, Yink. Lets see who namesearches into my cluster of random names.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
if you can powershield eggs D3 does really good against yoshi lol but yeah it's not as bad as wolf :D

and lucario's all floaty and stuff it's true but it's nice to play with more involved strategy than bair bair mixup bair pray-your-opponent-doesn't-know-how-to-deal-with-it dthrow-to-tech-chase-to-dsmash-because-they-panic bair bair shine-just-because-people-don't-punish-it-enough bair bair VICTORY (or get CGed)

edit:

my best friend mained yoshi for a while and it was always sad to see him egg his way around the edge of the stage/offstage and just randomly plummet to his death because tap jump ate his second jump lol
Bolded: my favorite thing about this game. lol but yeah, what you said about your Yoshi friend is exactly what always ends up happening to me X_x

Lucario doesn't body IC at all =/

But I'm also starting to think that it'd be more effective in the long run to use an oddball counter to our counters than to pick up MK or other top tiers. I have considered GW [even though I don't think he's a good character] because he's a great character for doubles, can be used on Wolf's worst stages and does fine enough vs all our match-ups that are worse than -1.

Wolf's worst stages?... Can you elaborate on that, or on stage/character combinations? I definitely agree with your thoughts though, oddball counters all day ;D

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well tbh I think Frigate is Wolf's worst stage and GW does fine on it. If I could play him I'd also consider using him if my opponent CPs me to Delphino in case he has a pocket DDD I'm not aware of. I think Brinstar and RC are both kind of underrated for Wolf [Rainbow more so than Brinstar] but GW is very good on either stage - not that it affects me in Europe but still something to consider.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:wolf: is good on Rc. I hate Brinstar. His ability to extend hitboxes isn't as useful as characters like :metaknight:, :ness2:, or :lucas:..He may kill off the sides, but I just don't like this stage and have a :metaknight: so...I gay it up~!

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm starting to agree with everyone else that Frigate is Wolf's worst stage overall tbh :/ but I still think it's doable, although G&W on Frigate is likely an improvement. And I agree with you, Wolf is pretty good on Brinstar and also solid on RC for most MUs as long as you don't let anything stupid happen :p

As far as Brinstar goes, I don't think extending our hitboxes helps at all there. It's moreso the stage layout and occasional lava, and how people can get stuck in the destructible ball part when you dthrow them for easy followups. The things on the ledge mess up blaster planking, semiscarring, and getup attacks with the extra hitlag :/

Bead

Smash Ace
I've always felt that RC with Wolf is just a patience tester. Play super safely for 7:30 then start punishing when the other person starts to rush, at least imo.

Top Bottom