• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wobbling, d-tilt or f-tilt? which one is easier to perform and their timings?

MCMike

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, Which one is easier to perform, the d-tilt or the f-tilt? and also does the tilts have a respective timing each?
Thanks

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
It's roughly the same timing. ftilt is easier cause it does more damage and therefore needs less presses.

IC-Rambler

Smash Cadet
From Tomber's Wobbling Guide: http://smashboards.com/threads/behind-wobbling-all-the-stuff-you-dont-see.340028/#post-15790583

On that note, to me it seems like f-tilt wobble is superior to d-tilt in almost every way. More damage (fewer reps), more hitlag (locks longer so more room for error), comes out faster (easier to get started faster from grab), and IASA is 1 frame sooner (closer to grab attack's duration). D-tilt has slightly more horizontal range though.

*F-tilt is always superior to d-tilt unless you’re
- Standing very close to an edge
- Trying to time out your opponent. It takes more time to get to 300% using d-tilt than using f-tilt
- Playing on Dream Land while you’re not facing the tree. The wind can screw you over if you’re using f-tilt near an edge

Sometimes I shift between f-tilt and d-tilt when I’m wobbling. It looks cool and it’s a good thing to be able to do. I often find myself in a situation where I’m wobbling someone using f-tilt on Dream Land when suddenly the wind blows me to the edge. In situations like this I do a few f-tilt and then shift to d-tilt midway in the wobbling before I reach the end of the stage/platform I’m standing on.

Top Bottom