• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Witness My True Power!" - Melia Antiqua for SSB4 DLC (NOOOO XCX SPOILERS PLEASE!)

Do you want Melia to be a playable DLC character?

• Yes.

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • No.

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

Tails2Link

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tails2Link
Wait, one of my favorite Xenoblade characters had a post for this? Yes, PLEASE. I love Melia(god this must be sounding really cliche lol) and I really wish her AI in XC was better, but I still throw her in my party, haha. I would jump for freaking joy if she was able to get in as Xenoblade's mage type character.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
The art Japan made of her is stunning.

This was before smash released and her chances on the site are I wanna say 5% but Fiora is at 30% or so. Poor Melia. That art alone makes me want her in a lot! That guy makes amazing art for smash and possibly even puts Sakurai to shame. http://ikusaba.client.jp/character/
Siiiiiiiiick. Fiora's art though.

There's an actual spoiler for those of you who don't know already
For some reason they only show up when I quote them???

Smashboards pls

D

Deleted member

[collapse= Members of the High Entia]
1. BluePikmin11
2. AncientBaby
3. ercio9001
4. foolssigma
5. Rie Sonomura
6. El Fonz0
7. smashingDoug
8. RawstyleEevee
9. RegiGiygas117
10. berserker01
11. jaeohjae
12. Cliffjumper
13. oni333
14. S.F.L.R_9
15. Nammy12
16. swordsman09
17. Diamond DHD
18. FreedomTP
19. Tails2Link
[/collapse]
It's nice to see one of my favorite characters from Xenoblade receive some support. I'd gladly join as the 20th member of the High Entia.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Right I never did end up on that list. I bothered to make a moveset, might as well put me on :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
DLC is probably the last shot Melia and Fiora are ever going to get IMO. We should make our support count (or at least make it noticeable), because sooner or later, the Melia and Fiora support is probably going to fall into irrelevancy if neither don't get in as DLC.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
Maybe one of them could make it in as a result of the Xenoblade X release. I don't know. I like how nobody has mentioned Reyn for Smash though. lol

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Maybe one of them could make it in as a result of the Xenoblade X release. I don't know. I like how nobody has mentioned Reyn for Smash though. lol
screw reyn

he'd just be a worse ike

Im still holding on to the tiniest sliver of hope that melia is in x because of the high entias long lives or some ridiculous reason

I just want an amiibo of her ;_;

Imagine how you would feel if you were told that shulk is *redacted* and the monado is *redacted* before you had played. would totally ruin everything.

so seriously. no spoilers. shhhhhhhhhhhh. I want to love this game.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
spoiler what? i specifically said redacted to not have to spoiler it. :confused:
nvm

I'm just bad at english

and didn't know what redacted was

lol i am good

samuroleon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Samuroleon
With how she gets treated in Xenoblade, I think they need to put Melia in just to make up for that.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think her final smash would make sense to be elemental burst , where she traps any nearby foes in an attack where she uses powered up versions of her elemental summons, causing massive damage to the foes.

D

Deleted member

Certainly would make sense, but personally, I see Chain Attack being the likelier option, either one would be great options.
Yeah, I would just prefer it if she had a different final smash from Shulk, just for variety...

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Yeah, I would just prefer it if she had a different final smash from Shulk, just for variety...
This is why Mind Blast should be her Final Smash.

We don't want Landmaster syndrome

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm going to say yes to Melia even if it means having another Xenoblade character, I gave Shulk a chance and I don't like him that said maybe a second Xenoblade character wouldn't be so bad.

Melia would be my number 1 pick as far as having a second Xenoblade character goes and I'd be more than happy to see her put in.

Fyi, she'd be a new experience for me, I don't play Xenoblade, but I do know who some of the characters are thanks to collectable trophies in Super Smash Bros and Melia looks like a awesome character to play as.

Number Three

Smash Cadet
I'd be happy to see any Xenoblade character make it in, however, considering Melia is my favorite character from that game and that she would, in my opinion, offer the most unique moveset possibilities out of all of the party members, I want Melia more than anyone.

This is my idea for a Melia moveset:
B: Elemental Discharge (with elementals)/Spear Break (without elementals)
Side B: Hypnotize
Up B: Starlight Kick (Yes, I know that this is a drop kick in Xenoblade, but many moves from the home games are changed up to function in Smash (like Link's spin attack), so I don't see why Starlight Kick can't be. Also, I was REALLY stuck on ideas for a good Up B.)
Down B: Summon Elemental (Six Types: Bolt, Flare, Aqua, Earth, Wind, and Ice. She can summon three at a time like in Xenoblade.)
Final Smash: Elemental Burst + Mind Blast (Kinda like how Palutena uses two moves simultaneously as her Final Smash. Starts by rapidly firing elemental at the opponent then finishes with Mind Blast. I personally feel Mind Blast should be in there because she learns it in an important matter and I always looked at it as her signature move in a way. Besides, she can only use it during Elemental Burst, so it would make sense to finish with it.)

I could do all of the other stuff like tilts, aerials, smash attacks, etc. if someone would like. I feel her grab should be Shadow Stitch.

Also, for Kirby's Melia copy ability, he should summon random elementals and automatically fire them after doing so, kinda like he does with Olimar's Pikmin.

I'm a full supporter of Melia being in the game. Though realistically it's VERY VERY unlikely, it's still fun to think about the possibilities of if Melia was a DLC character. I voted for Melia on the Smash Ballot. All we can do now is wait and see...

Comparing Melia's chances to the other party members:
- Riki and Dunban probably stand no chance for DLC considering they're both in Shulk's Final Smash and that one's an assist trophy. Melia definitely has the upper hand over them.

- I know this is going to make people mad, but Reyn would be Ike 2.0. As much as I would love to have him in, he wouldn't offer anything new to the mix, which is what I feel that Sakurai (or whoever is deciding DLC) is looking for. Assuming this is true, Melia has the upper hand over Reyn.

- Sharla is the least popular Xenoblade character BY FAR and, considering the DLC seems to be of popular characters and that the DLC ballot lets fans vote, I really doubt Sharla stands any sort of chance compared to the rest of the party members who, let's face it, still barely stand a chance. Melia definitely has the upper hand over Sharla

- And then there's "Seven"... I think they would work very, very well, however, Seven is a MAJOR spoiler for Xenoblade. You could throw the argument that Melee spoiled Zelda = Sheik and that Smash 4 spoils Seven already, however, I really don't know the whole policy when it comes to spoiler characters. They didn't spoil anything about Metal Face. However, since I don't know anything about spoiler character policy, I'm not going to delve into it any further. I'll say that Seven and Melia realistically have the best chance if they're looking for the most unique characters.

Though, like I said, I'd be absolutely thrilled if any Xenoblade character got a spot as DLC, whether or not it's Melia. Heck, I'd even be excited if the DLC ballot winner was Chief Dunga.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They basically spoil the Face Mechons' big secret in the trophies as well as identities. The furthest they go is referencing Mechonis Core in the Gold Face trophy. I think Melia's High Entia heritage gets spoilt too.
In Brawl it spoiled Mother 3 and MGS4 (RAY and Gekko on Shadow Moses (MGS4 wasn't even out iirc)).

Last edited:
why does everyone like reyn
memes
because he is a fun and lovable guy. From just the surface he isnt serious and his accent is awesome. Add the fact he is the first member who isnt shulk added to the party( something something dunban is first) and easily gets the most airtime on the community from memes and it just kind of happens.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
How's that Melia support coming along? To be fair, Melia is pretty old and probably has a few hundred more years in her future so she can be patient and wait

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
How's that Melia support coming along? To be fair, Melia is pretty old and probably has a few hundred more years in her future so she can be patient and wait
We're busy hoping that Melia won't be relegated to a Mii costume. :p

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
We're busy hoping that Melia won't be relegated to a Mii costume. :p
Too bad there isn't a mage mii to suit her style. I can see Sakurai making Mii's of the rest of the Xenocast. Wouldn't be a fan but its certainly possible. A Melia mii would at least be better than a juju costume right?

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
Is it even possible for her to have a Mii costume? She doesn't use a sword, you doesn't fight with her fists, and she doesn't have an arm cannon. How would a Mii costume work out for her?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Is it even possible for her to have a Mii costume? She doesn't use a sword, you doesn't fight with her fists, and she doesn't have an arm cannon. How would a Mii costume work out for her?
How did they make KK Slider and Isabelle into Gunners?

If you try hard enough anything is possible.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
They'd probably make her a gunner and she would shoot elemental orbs as bullets. Sounds dumb but what about Miis isn't -_-

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Melia's voice actress Jenna Coleman is leaving Doctor Who to pursue a different role for a new TV show called "Elizabeth". She is going to play as young Queen Victoria, which is quite similar to her role in XC. Go Melia! :)

Top Bottom