• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With Anyone - How are Item/Stage selections handled?

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
After more than a week of Brawl being out, I still haven't found an answer to this. If it's already common knowledge, please lock/let die after it's answered.

We know from the dojo update that you can chose items/stages in With Anyone mode. And that they are decided "by lottery." But how exactly does this work?

Is one person's item/stage combinations chosen at random? Or does each item get voted on individually to be on or off? Are you given any indication of what items are on/off before the match, or even what stage you'll be playing on?

Any answers would be much appreciated.

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure stages work the same way as in Mario Kart DS. Each player picks a stage, and whichever one gets the most votes wins. If it's a tie ( 2-2 or 1-1-1-1), the stage will be picked at random from the two or four) selections made.

I have no idea how items work, though. Sorry I can't help you there.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Item Selection is chosen radomly from one of the players in the game. You could have 3 players with items set to Off but if the fourth player has Items set on Very High with all items on and the lottery picks him/her, then you'll all have to suffer through 2 minutes of All Items on Very High.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I think that everyone chooses their own settings, in regards to stage and item selection. However I don't think you can change the mode from time to stock, etc. I think all "With Anyone" matches are 2 minutes long. I hope I'm wrong though.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think that everyone chooses their own settings, in regards to stage and item selection. However I don't think you can change the mode from time to stock, etc. I think all "With Anyone" matches are 2 minutes long. I hope I'm wrong though.
You cannot "choose your own settings". If I have it set to No Items while you have all items on, will Items only appear on your screen?

Yes, all "With Anyone"-matches are 4-man free-for-alls on Time with 2 minutes on the clock.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Item Selection is chosen radomly from one of the players in the game. You could have 3 players with items set to Off but if the fourth player has Items set on Very High with all items on and the lottery picks him/her, then you'll all have to suffer through 2 minutes of All Items on Very High.
Thanks for the quick answer!

Top Bottom