• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest: Offical results. IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Who gives a **** if Snake is the 1st 3rd 2nd 4th 9th w/e best in the game.

Just play brawl, get better, and shut the **** up.

ggs.

Gnes

Smash Master
Also in refernce to hylian's earlier posts. ESAM ***** GNES UP THE *** SO BAD LMFAO. Wasnt even funny. Only reason why gnes won before is due to esam having played 0 diddy's. Fl is too smart so we just adapt. aka seibrik rapin ally,lee,and razer after losing to them before and lee and ally ALOT.
Are u serious....r u serious putting pools over MM's? You do realize that i make ****ing M2k runaway. GTFO

Besides esam jv 2 stocking and nearly jv 3 stocking him you're correct.

And also @ Hylian. Gnes wouldnt money match me. There had to be AT LEAST 8 instances where i bugged him to MM but he kept saying no. He knew the inevitable. ;)
Stop waiting till after I MM your whole PR to MM me. I would have been fine if you were first, but after playing seibrik FOREVER, and ****** through the rest of all those MM's i was tired, nuff said.

I've proved my point with this tourney. Me and razer are the second best team in the world, I'm amazing, and your lucky razer was there to knock me out of tourney.

Namesearch this inui.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
We normally don't make pools high priority, but when people bring doubles into a "who's better overall" argument(clearly a singles discussion, doubles are "who's the best team") then we tend to bring out all of our matches that we would have deemed insignificant otherwise, especially when it's nearly a jv 3 stock.

But seriously, who cares about a video game that much that they feel they need to prove something by playing said video game. It makes you lose track of reality. It's almost as bad as that kid "marrying" his DS girlfriend. Just play the game.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
No Snake has a couple of bad match ups and Seibrik beat him using MK and Razer too using MK, a match up Ally knows luke the back of his hand. Ally has posted on AIB Mk beats Snake. The bad match ups are MK, D3 Probably Marth. And then there are alot of "EVEN" match ups that are a pain in the butt.
Everyone loses to mk. I don't even count that. Who do you propose has better matchup then Snake? Diddy? Doesn't snake beat diddy? Or falco? lol no. ICs? Who could you have in mind.
Who gives a **** if Snake is the 1st 3rd 2nd 4th 9th w/e best in the game.

Just play brawl, get better, and shut the **** up.

ggs.
No.
Anti, teach me how to be good.

Am I the only one that thinks gnes's posts are win?

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Hey Everyone I have some very Important announcements as well as offcial updates coming very very soon. I have a lot of work to do, so please bare with me and be patient.

Thanks,

mnitg

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Are u serious....r u serious putting pools over MM's? You do realize that i make ****ing M2k runaway. GTFO
while i do know ur legit and very good, that second statement wasnt a very good one lol. m2k is really bad at that matchup. he goes last hit with AZ even XD not negating anything youve done however. just pointing this out :bee:

ANTi_

Smash Hero
while i do know ur legit and very good, that second statement wasnt a very good one lol. m2k is really bad at that matchup. he goes last hit with AZ even XD not negating anything youve done however. just pointing this out :bee:
True but M2K never felt the need to time AZ out.

Gnes

Smash Master
Im sorry...im not really in the BEST of moods...with that said...

Now...lets say for instance...IM REALLY BAD at the snake matchup, does it make right for me to time out HRnut/razer/ally. Exactly. I personally don't give a **** if he's bad at the matchup, do you honestly believe that makes what he did right. Im not amazing at the matchup either, who gives a ****. Please stop trying to defend him, its completely pointless.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Dont play brawl then.

Play melee where your only option is to outskill your opponent, not outcamp them.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion

Now...lets say for instance...IM REALLY BAD at the snake matchup, does it make right for me to time out HRnut/razer/ally. Exactly. I personally don't give a **** if he's bad at the matchup, do you honestly believe that makes what he did right. Im not amazing at the matchup either, who gives a ****. Please stop trying to defend him, its completely pointless.
Money is more important than ethics for M2k. You also have to consider this is a game.

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
It's like what Dojo did to DEHF at Genesis. It's pretty lame but there were no strict rules enforcing such style of play. Perhaps after much discussion, gliding under the stage will be deemed stalling in future tournaments.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
???

**** I asked Lee and Dphat to give me updates about this tournament and nothing happened.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Dont play brawl then.

Play melee where your only option is to outskill your opponent, not outcamp them.
Its a true statement. It's not like I said brawl sucks play melee. A little sensitive eh buddy?
Camping does exist in melee, Jiggs outcamps the **** out of characters, please tell me Mango is aggressive PLEASE. Thanks.

Please don't start with the Brawl bashing like the other person said, theres no point.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haha good video D-Torr. It was funny how embarassed Pink Shinobi was after pulling a brawl. Shamed for life.

Anyway you almost NEVER see stuff like that in melee tournament matches. If it was realistic M2K would be using it to beat Mango and Hungrybox right?

EDIT: I still enjoy playing brawl so I don't think I qualify as a brawl basher. Just a realist.

Gnes

Smash Master
It's like what Dojo did to DEHF at Genesis. It's pretty lame but there were no strict rules enforcing such style of play. Perhaps after much discussion, gliding under the stage will be deemed stalling in future tournaments.
This is Razer. This was not the same because Dojo air planked. M2K flew under smashville over and over to dimensional cape. That literally took almost 20 seconds to do. Thats true stalling. Dojo and Larry were trading damage still. If m2k glided under the stage forever, the game would never end while Dojo and Larry's would.

F

meepxzero

Smash Master

Dont worry man i feel you. After i 3 stocked m2k he just started stalling under the stage. People gave me **** cuz im ic LOL. Hope m2k gets DQed one day for his greed. No one has the right to even defend m2k until he does this **** to you.

People theory craft mk can stall out anyone in brawl. Well m2k is living proof of that when he WANTS to play gay.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Who said i was defending him? i clearly said i was pointing something out with no offense intended. i quite frankly dont care if you're mad so that wasnt necessary to say btw.

"I make m2k run away." what was the point in saying that? does it make you feel better? does it give you the win? whats the benefit?

umadasfukc

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You know what, at this point I'm just gonna be like M2K. Like honestly gliding under stages sounds fun.

If the game devolves into this, and people still want to play it, I'll hop on the bandwagon and just go head on with it. I will say that if you do accept this game and continue to play it, that you should at least admit how dumb MK/edge camping/the game is overall. There's no turning back from gliding under stages timing people out and then going "Oh hey, this isn't stupid." Like it's one thing to accept a problem and still play on, like MVC2, but to sit here and continue playing this game while not admitting how stupid it is would be a tragedy in itself.

I wish I was updated sooner on this tournament. I had asked Lee/Dphat to keep me updated while I was in Dallas with no internet but I got like 1 call and some freaky text messages from Razer lol.
Edit:

I defend M2K fully in what he does/is doing. He needs no justification for what he does other than "I am allowed to do this/the rules do not explicitly define what I am doing as something that I am not allowed to do" AKA play to win under the rules given to you. I can understand if people think what he does is extremely gay and even detrimental to the game, but until the rules are changed he's clearly not at fault.

Regardless of how you feel about what he does, you have to give him credit for being a genius and working the system/game to it's fullest that he is allowed. He's a genius for having the guts and the capabilities overall to do so.

Gnes

Smash Master
Dont worry man i feel you. After i 3 stocked m2k he just started stalling under the stage. People gave me **** cuz im ic LOL. Hope m2k gets DQed one day for his greed. No one has the right to even defend m2k until he does this **** to you.

People theory craft mk can stall out anyone in brawl. Well m2k is living proof of that when he WANTS to play gay.
qft

I dont wanna pick smashville ever again :(

Who said i was defending him? i clearly said i was pointing something out with no offense intended. i quite frankly dont care if you're mad so that wasnt necessary to say btw.

"I make m2k run away." what was the point in saying that? does it make you feel better? does it give you the win? whats the benefit?

umadasfukc
You know honestly, I was just playing around with Co18 when i said that, we play around like that, but hey WHAT if I was serious, is it not true, did he not runaway from me game 5 in teams and in our singles set? Am I saying something that is false, cuz if I am, please point it out for me. And im sorry I'm took offense to that statement, but hey, you fly for nearly 1000 miles to get stalled by someone who's only excuse is "I dont know what to do."

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
never said it was false. again im just pointing out something.

and that is pretty unfortunate but hey, its brawl. and the tactic got banned last night so no worries. good day

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's banned?

Dang. I wish it wasn't.

Gnes, what's wrong with him running away? That's the very essence of Brawl.

If M2K did something that shouldn't have happened because the rules allowed him to, then be upset at the people who weren't thorough enough making the rule (AKA go ahead and shout at the SBR/TO/whoever made the ruleset for that tournament), instead of being upset at M2K. He basically proved a flaw in the system, thereby improving it for future events. He also didn't break any rules while he was in the tournament, even if the rules have since been revised because of what he did.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
whenever the back room comes out with a new ruleset all they have to add on is something like..."Going underneath stages is banned for any reason except recovery." or something.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Limit to 5 understage passes plz :)- loss of one stock if it happens any time after 5.

And I thought melee was to out gimp, not out play.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I will not stress this enough.... watch that youtube vid on my page of afro vs danny from last year in september. Need I ****ing say more about stalling and going under the stage multiple times for 8 minutes? And now u wanna address it for almost a year later? Wow

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
5 understage passes? What happens if your opponent knocks you under the stage? (Great example would be you are trying to get back to the stage and another MK Dairs you from the side where you go under the stage?)

Why 5? What if the person glides under the stage because they absolutely have to if they want any chance to live? Shuttle Loop, the opponent hogs the edge, you either glide attack/stop and die, or try to go to the other edge.

I mean trust me, I appreciate people actively trying to figure out ways to handle this and understanding/admitting that this is most likely a problem big enough to warrant a rule, but whatever we come up with needs to be well thought out.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
DMG, is there any problem with my rule? A number limit for this makes no sense because sometimes it's needed for recovery.

Flower Avatar

Smash Cadet
I always said, if your opponent calls you for stalling, pause and call a judge over. The judge will watcht eh remainder of the match. It's at his/her discretion to award to win if he finds there is significant stalling, running.

"Any tactic that makes the game unplayable"

This has been around since melee. DQ and move on.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Which is why I said 5. If you're not using it to stall under the stage, you're not going to need it more than 5 times.

And no, it's not the real rule. It's what I thought would work.

MK shouldn't have shuttle looped so many times on the ledge then. He has plenty of recovery options. It's just like Marth. If the opponent ledge guards Marth's UpB, he dies, but if they ledge guard MK's UpB, then he gets a free understage pass recovery. That seems unfair.

People will argue that going under the stage is always for recovery, even when they're trying to stall with it, i.e. "I can't get back on the stage when I'm holding the ledge, so I need to go under."

ANTi_

Smash Hero
This game sucks, but that's alright since we're all going to keep playing it anyway. Amirite? :)
Yup, people always say "Brawl SUXX" "OH THIS GAME ISNT FUN"

Then i see them every week at tournaments (Inui COUGH COUGH)

quitplz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom