• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest VII - PREREG IS UP - Free Tournament with $1500 in Prizes

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The Wobbling compromise seems really arbitrary and potentially headache-inducing. Isn't it a better idea to ban it altogether, or make it legal? On a side note, the thread OP looks ****ing awesome.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
Soooooo I have been out of the melee scene for a good while now and have just recently been able to come back. Most of the people that would give me rides before have left and now I am stuck in a predicament.

Would anyone be so kind as to give me a ride? Gas money is no problem. I'm in La Mirada on the border next to Whittier. Any offers would be much appreciated.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I've been using the wobbling rule for a couple of years in San Diego now and I haven't had a problem with the wobbling rule as of yet, so it's probably going to stay. What it really boils down to is one stock per match, and if the IC player messes up their one wobble is used.

@~automatic: A set-up thread hasn't been made, but might be a good idea.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Hey, what do you know about Friday? Is it just like I said? Friendlies and registration all day? Any idea on when the registration on the website will start?
This year is te first year we've decided to hold things on friday as WGF has grown larger than ever. Yes, friendlies Friday. Registration should open up on the first week of school. (unfortunately I'm not the one in charge of the event this year and I can't give you an exact date) but my estimate is January 9.

:phone:

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Would anyone be so kind as to give me a ride? Gas money is no problem. I'm in La Mirada on the border next to Whittier. Any offers would be much appreciated.
La Mirada? :D Finally someone else who lives in the area. We should play sometime when I get back to SoCal.

Wish I could make it but... dentist johns.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
whats the schedule for league?

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
La Mirada? :D Finally someone else who lives in the area. We should play sometime when I get back to SoCal.

Wish I could make it but... dentist johns.
I would be more than happy to play with a fellow local player. Where are you located? It could turn out to be difficult if you are to far, as I am not allowed to drive lol

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
1. Anyone willing to house?

2. Could I get travel directions from Toronto to this from someone? NOT by plane. I will not take a plane.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I'm almost positive Supreme Dirt is from Canada.

Thanks for the response, Andrew.

I'm still hyped about this :)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yes, Toronto as in Canada.

I'm randomly thinking about coming out to this.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Wow. That's like a 3,000+ mile drive, you know?

Also, looking for housing for 4 people (maybe 5). Let me know!

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Toronto eh? First off, not trying to kill hype or anything, but this IS a free tournament. We're not going to be paying out tens of thousands of dollars. That being said...

ON-403W 104km
ON-401W 50km
ON-402W 102km
I-94W 100km
I-96W 29km
M-14W 8km
I-80W 1668km
I-76W 300km
I-70W 807km
I-15S 893km
CA-56W 16km
I-5S 7km
Exit La Jolla Village Dr
Right on La Jolla Village
Right on Via La Jolla
Straight into the Gilman Parking Structure

Total Trip: 4150km (2580mi)
BAM!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
SD is driving to San Diego huh?

You better get started on making some BOMB road trip CDs.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
lmao. It's more I'm wondering if it's feasible at all. I don't expect to win or anything, I'm just really annoyed over not making it to Apex right now.

That said I'll probably just wait for something else.

Probably closer.

TheKiran

Smash Rookie
Sucks that I live in the other side of the country. I'd go considering I need the quick cash because I spent my Christmas money on Magic the Gathering cards.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
since there is a 128 man cap, who gets to get in if there is more than 128 people? first come first serve?

edit: just read azn lep's first post. i'll just wait for an update.

MacD

Banned via Administration
there is like no updated schedule info anywhere

do you know what's up with the league tourney? i know a lot of us wanna enter both melee and league but don't know when/how long the leauge tourney is gonna be and if they are gonna let us be free enough to enter both melee/league

Rickety

Peace and Love
Too dorky

Eep, will anyone be playing at the ballroom on Friday to practice (I'm really, really rusty and could use the help! <3), or will everyone be playing at the lodge instead? I'd like to be able to play for a little bit to try to avoid getting JV five-stocked! (I'm looking at you, Pat!) <3 <3

Also, would someone be willing to help me carry my TV to the venue this year? I've brought my TV to every one of these tournaments since 2007, but I somehow managed to hurt my arms last year carrying it. Golly, what does this say about my manly muscles?

Ack, I'm being way too annoying and chatty right now, so I better end this message right here! I hope to see all you wonderful cuties soon! This community's people make even my most embarrassing 0-2's worth every minute! <3 <3

Hi, (Super Famous!) MacD! <3

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I'll carry your TV Rick.

I'll ask today McCain.

Supposedly they're going to have registration up today. I'll do my best to give priority to those coming from outside of SD.

Top Bottom