• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings of Icarus

Red10

Smash Cadet
I have heard that if you hit Pit during this move, he falls instantly to his death (assuming that there is no floor under him). However, I have watched many videos where nobody makes an attempt to attack him during this move. Do only projectiles mess up Pit's B-up. Or if I do an aerial attack and hit him, will he still die. What does it take?

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
hit him while he is using his UpB and he wont be able to do it again. thats it

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
If he gets hit, he can still jump if he has any left.
I'm wondering if it would be safe to do this before his jumps. You can get a lot of distance and height with it, and can still use an aerial attack to not fall helpless after.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
It's easy to recover if you come from below the stage to the ledge, and shouldn't even need to use it if coming from the side, if you do just go high.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
does fox's blaster cancel out and stop Pit's up-b? since it doesn't stun people, i wouldn't think it would affect pit.

10electro01

Smash Rookie
If the blaster can stop pit then fox is the perfect (somewhat cheap) counter to beating pits recovery. It would probably work better in a team match beacuse i dont think fox will do well against pit. However none of this really matters because his up B is a super last resort.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
This shouldn't be an issue... Between Pits DI, Multiple Jumps, and Glide there's nothing to worry about. If the Up-B is needed there should be no reason why you can't do it beneath the stage. If you're fighting an opponent who will chase you down there, it's easy enough of most stages to navigate under the stage to the far edge to recover. Your opponent won't be able to stop you.

ZDAN

Smash Cadet
I've also noticed that people (in videos_ rarely attempted to knock him out of the air when he's mid-UpB.
Shouldn't that be an obvious tactic?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
If the blaster can stop pit then fox is the perfect (somewhat cheap) counter to beating pits recovery.
I reeeeally hope that since Fox's Blaster doesn't cause flinching, that won't be the case.

Raustblackdragon

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't this move be really easy to sweet-spot with? I mean, you just move yourself to the edge, wouldn't you?

Also, if you attack out of this move, do you keep your upward momentum from using it?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i only use the wings as a last resort. pit can get back on the stage from anywhere not the bottom botom, back to the stage. so the wings are gimpable so he wont be broken lolz

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Wings of Icarus is a great move to prolong combos in the air. Don't be so dingy with it guys. It adds another level to Pit's game.

HeartNana

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it's good if you're safe with it, but sometimes its really risky to use it and then get hit off the stage unable to recover. And it's super good if you use glide or multiple jumps to follow the opponent off the stage and hit them out, and then use u+B to get back.

And while you can't do MUCH after you fall from it, you can still f+B for some reason, tho i dont think he can even grab onto the edge if he does that.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
I've also noticed that people (in videos_ rarely attempted to knock him out of the air when he's mid-UpB.
Shouldn't that be an obvious tactic?
People still aren't used to the new mechanics for edge guarding. Which are a bit more risky than Melee. As characters have better recoveries, you have to go for them far from the edge, or throw yourself, attack and then recover. It is interesting because of the new air dodge system. :cool:

Top Bottom