• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Windwaker fans REJOICE! Official Great Sea discussion thread

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

As a huge fan of Windwaker, just looking at this stage makes tremendously excited! Easily the most beautiful looking stage to date. And can you imagine playing on this stage with Windwaker music? *Dies of happiness*

Also, here's an eye witness account of what happens while playing on the stage:

I watched someone play it on a live stream today, and after the King of Red Lions disappears Tetras ship runs into a small stone island. The ship sinks half-way and is at about a 45 degree angle. you battle on both the island and the ship for a little while, then the ship backs up and starts sailing again. Shortly after that you see those pirate platforms rise up in the background. That's as far as I saw. It was a 2 minute match. I have no idea if the pirate platforms will shoot at you, or what may or may not come after that. All in all, it looks like a great stage, and I'm so excited for both Toon Link, and his stage.
Here's a video of the stage in action: http://youtube.com/watch?v=OALDN5Aodng

EDIT: This new video is really great. It confirms that the King of the Red Lions can be used as a platform and also shows the entire stage being carried off by a tornado! Gotta love that Ocean music, also: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jm4-9pWB6qM

EDIT: This has a few seconds of Great Sea at the very end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozGU7ntsMh4

This high quality Clip is great for showing off how characters can now SWIM IN THE OCEAN: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30306.html (Best stage ever? Definitely.)

EDIT: The fact that the ship doesn't crash into rocks in this six minute clip indicates that events are randomly generated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJqMjTtWWnE

EDIT: A video with great quality that shows the randomly generated events of the stage as well as the catipult in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8O-Ol94S-I

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I will definately play on this stafe from time to time, I love the music they are playing on it in that one vid vs Ganondorf.

Great success!

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
If that's meant to be Tetra's ship... Ugh, talk about waaaay out of scale (though half of Melee's were).

Though I still think it's just meant to be a generic pirate ship. Would've preferred Gangplank Galleon being the 'pirate' stage for Brawl, but this fits the bill nicely still.

NintendoTogepi

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it's meant to be Tetra's Ship, it looks nothing at all like it.

Awesome stage though, looks just like TWW.

JC-Gamer

Smash Cadet
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth
Sweet! I think it fits in Brawl well cuz of all the vibrant colours. (No I'm not mentally ******** I just like lots of colours) Also, it isn't that small. It's about a medium sized stage due to its height and if you compare the size of the characters to the arena it shows you that it is at least bigger than FOD was. Actually, I think it's bigger than Battlefield.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Yes, seems the King of the Red Lions is a platform behind it. Looks like a great stage, totally captures the spirit of the Wind Waker.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Looks more like a generic pirate ship than Tetra's Ship, which is probably why it was just named Great Sea. Anyway, it's an awesome stage.

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
I watched someone play it on a live stream today, and after the King of Red Lions disappears Tetras ship runs into a small stone island. The ship sinks half-way and is at about a 45 degree angle. you battle on both the island and the ship for a little while, then the ship backs up and starts sailing again. Shortly after that you see those pirate platforms rise up in the background. That's as far as I saw. It was a 2 minute match. I have no idea if the pirate platforms will shoot at you, or what may or may not come after that. All in all, it looks like a great stage, and I'm so excited for both Toon Link, and his stage.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Looks more like a generic pirate ship than Tetra's Ship, which is probably why it was just named Great Sea. Anyway, it's an awesome stage.
Oh, that's news to me. :dizzy: *Changes thread title*

Dude, that's sounds pretty rad. Since I've yet to see this, I'll just quote your description for the first post.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
It seems like the forums are fine now... so i can post :D

This STA GE IS AWESOME. I like the WW series more than the Past series. And the roost island music is... AWESOME.

I like th random things in the stage. But sadly... it will be banned :/

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
It seems like the forums are fine now... so i can post :D

This STA GE IS AWESOME. I like the WW series more than the Past series. And the roost island music is... AWESOME.

I like th random things in the stage. But sadly... it will be banned :/
Who cares, I say. If the "serious" players refuse to play here because its too random, just find a group of people who AREN'T total pansies and play with them through the magic of wi-fi.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
SteveTV says that the pirate platforms appear AFTER the ship hits an island, but on the video, we see the pirate platforms after the King of Red Lions. Does that mean the events happen at random?

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
SteveTV says that the pirate platforms appear AFTER the ship hits an island, but on the video, we see the pirate platforms after the King of Red Lions. Does that mean the events happen at random?
I just watched the video of Toon link playing Ganondorf, and you're right the canons did come second. They must appear randomly.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Probably a LoZ theme remix. Hopefully the music from that boss Molgera, the one from the Wind Temple. That was one of the best pieces in the game IMO.
Windwaker has the best music ever made. I'd really, really like to see all the memorable songs from that game included - particularily the main theme: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6hfvtIf3LS4

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Any movies of the stage itself except the Ganondorf and Toon Link one? I'm very interested :)

Yoshi 3000

Smash Rookie
The Dragon Roost Island-music is Great! I hope they'll include more WW-songs in the game.
WW is my favourite Zelda-game along with MM and PH so I was really happy to see this stage!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Any movies of the stage itself except the Ganondorf and Toon Link one? I'm very interested :)
I've looked everywhere, but can't find any more. Maybe Great Sea is the of the final stages you unlock?

The Dragon Roost Island-music is Great! I hope they'll include more WW-songs in the game.
WW is my favourite Zelda-game along with MM and PH so I was really happy to see this stage!
Twilight Princess is my favorite, but Windwaker and Majora's Mask are both tied for a close second. They all did different things great, for Windwaker I'd say the visual style and music were the best in the series.

RyuuAqua

Smash Rookie
I really like this stage.

Is it just me, or does this stage have extremely wide offscreen KOs? It seems like characters can get knocked pretty far off the ship and still recover - as in almost the whole ship's length.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I really like this stage.

Is it just me, or does this stage have extremely wide offscreen KOs? It seems like characters can get knocked pretty far off the ship and still recover - as in almost the whole ship's length.
I think you are correct. That's probably because, as the name inplies, the sea itself is the stage - not just the boat.

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Big fan of WW, so I have to admit this stage is excellent. Im still wondering if The King of Red Lions who trails behind the boat can be a platform, and if the brilliant song which plays while your sailing in the game is available? That'd almost be too amazing.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Big fan of WW, so I have to admit this stage is excellent. Im still wondering if The King of Red Lions who trails behind the boat can be a platform, and if the brilliant song which plays while your sailing in the game is available? That'd almost be too amazing.
Yup, it's in.

And this thread needs a lot more videos.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I can say affirmative on both counts. You can listen to the Ocean song here through DarkKirby's Song List thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141347

And this thread needs a lot more videos.
Dude, there are none! Believe me, I've looked. Find me some and I'll post them.

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom