• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker VS. Twilight Princess

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
For me, WW wins by a landslide.

While TP had a better mood and mindset, it wasn't anywhere near challenging. That seriously takes out of the experience of feeling like you accomplished something.

WW had a better storyline, minigames, side-stories, soundtrack, the temples were more fun to me as were the bosses. (Keep in mind, I still love TP).

WW: 9/10 (The only reason it wasn't a 10 was because of that Triforce Shard crap)
TP: 7/10

Ocarina of Time still reamins my favorite.

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
Just because they may have tried their very hardest to not have their game suck doesn't make it suck any less. Faulty controls aren't an excuse. They're just another reason that Phillips failed.
My point exactly. The games didn't suck on their own. They sucked because of Phillips and their CDI with faulty controls.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Nah, they sucked.

Philips failed at it, simple as that. They designed the controller, so it's their fault. They animated the horrible cutscenes, programmed the annoying physics, and so on. It's no one else's fault but their own. They may have tried, but they didn't try hard enough. Look back at OoT or MM -- that's hard work. The work put into the CDi games obviously does not compare.

morgoth834

Smash Cadet
WW by far. TP dosn't deserve the title of "Zelda". Afterall there was litterally nothing to explore, the story sucked, Ganondorf felt tacked on, it looked bland, and it was way too easy the only remotely challenging part was the Sky Temple, heck I didn't die once. Ultimately there was no joy or charm in TP, very much unlike WW, MM, and OoT.

etecoon

Smash Hero
that was one of the most feeble attempts at trolling I have ever witnessed

and I visit gamefaqs I've seen some pretty sad stuff.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Calm down guys. He was stating his opinion, and while it bashed TP pretty hard, he's entitled to it.

@ etecoon and A Good Smash - you both ended up spamming. Don't do it again.

sammy p

Smash Lord
WW by far. TP dosn't deserve the title of "Zelda". Afterall there was litterally nothing to explore, the story sucked, Ganondorf felt tacked on, it looked bland, and it was way too easy the only remotely challenging part was the Sky Temple, heck I didn't die once. Ultimately there was no joy or charm in TP, very much unlike WW, MM, and OoT.
ummmmm..... i didnt think it was THAT bad!! lol i DID like WW bettr but i thought it was pretty close!! lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You have to give Phillips SOME credit. At least you can see that they tried to make it a decend albeit non-canon Legend of Zelda game (likewise with Wand of Gamelon). It isn't their fault that they failed at it.

How is it NOT their fault?

Who's fault would it be?

KillaLotus

Smash Cadet
The Artstyle in WW was sick as hell and the boat traveling(although I sometimes hated doing it)was cool and unique in fact I got kinda depressed over the fact that my WW dosen't work luckily I got anti-depressants......Smash

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
Nah, they sucked.

Philips failed at it, simple as that. They designed the controller, so it's their fault. They animated the horrible cutscenes, programmed the annoying physics, and so on. It's no one else's fault but their own. They may have tried, but they didn't try hard enough. Look back at OoT or MM -- that's hard work. The work put into the CDi games obviously does not compare.
The PlayStation owes its existence to the Zelda CDI games, believe it or not.

Scott!

Smash Lord
The PlayStation owes its existence to the Zelda CDI games, believe it or not.
New Rule: when you say strange things like this, you must elaborate. This statement is a bit out there, and I'm interested in the story. If you don't come back and tell the story, I will shun you. :) Alternatively, link to wherever you read this.

finnishmatthew

Smash Rookie
Twilight Princess, definately.

Best was Twilight Princess, hands down. Having played both I can safely say that while Wind Waker had more freedom, Twilight Princess was more epic.

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
New Rule: when you say strange things like this, you must elaborate. This statement is a bit out there, and I'm interested in the story. If you don't come back and tell the story, I will shun you. :) Alternatively, link to wherever you read this.
I was told about it by someone who researches this sort of thing as a hobby, but it's a bit complicated. Perhaps I misunderstood what he was saying.

Wait a minute, why are we discussing the CDI games in a WW/TP thread?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Its somewhat misconstrued.

Both were born in the same manner.

Both the CDI and Playstation were born from scraped nintendo products.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Umm, gonna have to go wth TP here. The cell shaded graphics didnt do it for me, im used to zelda being a serious adventure, and the cell shaded graphics made it to childish. Twiligt Princess' dark atmosphere was really cool, plus the dungeons were very fun and well designed. By no means do i like twilight princess that much, overall i thought it kinda sucked, but i liked it better then WW. screw sailing, that crap takes forever.

btw, if Ocarina was in here, itd be no contest lol.

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
That would be cool, and it would end the belief that cel-shading made the game childish.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yeah.... WW and TP are both visually perfect, and their styles fit their games very well. Switching them would be detrimental to both games, definitely. I think sailing would be a lot less fun without the super-stylized look it has. I also maintain that the WW cel-shading could not handle the darkness of TP's twilight as effectively as TP did.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Twilight Princess I felt had better, dungeons, generally better bosses [mostly because it had like a dozen bosses instead of 8], it was harder [although the only real challenging part was getting used to the Wii schematics], I really liked the Wolf form & because I generally liked the gameplay far more.

The Wind Waker I felt has endless replay value, the best 3rd person camera in a video game EVER [I'm in love with it], awesome sea adventures [although I wish it was bigger with more islands & enemies], fun dungeons, great characters, & just a overall classic presentation.

Also, the stories on them were about equal. The story on The Wind Waker was fun, funny, & in several ways fairly dark but universal. The story on Twilight Princess was much darker [the darkest Zelda game yet...which still wasn't too dark], but it also was generally much more progressive, longer, & had nothing reall terrible.

So yeah, I'm not gonna say which one I'd pick, but I am gonna say I love them both! ^_^

XxCupCakesxX

Smash Rookie
Legend of zelda Twilight princess is better because it have like better graphic and all that but legend of zelda the wind waker is just like a classic game for the graphic

Sovrcat

Smash Cadet
i dont know about you guys, but when i was little and wind waker came out that shadow dungeon freaked me out.

Scott!

Smash Lord
i dont know about you guys, but when i was little and wind waker came out that shadow dungeon freaked me out.
Not gonna lie, I was never little when WW was out, and I got more than my fair share of Zelda dungeon freak-outs from the Shadow Temple and Beneath the Well in OoT. Redeads still terrorize me in that game and MM. *shudder*

etecoon

Smash Hero
majora's mask is a lot darker than TP, and the shadow temple is freaky, oddly enough it got worse with time not better, as when I was younger, I didn't really notice that it was obviously themed around torture somehow

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Not gonna lie, I was never little when WW was out, and I got more than my fair share of Zelda dungeon freak-outs from the Shadow Temple and Beneath the Well in OoT. Redeads still terrorize me in that game and MM. *shudder*
Same for me, lol. :) The Shadow Temple was just creepy enough in my opinion. But sometimes I look back and wonder how OoT received and E rating with that dungeon -- the blood splattered on the walls, creepy zombies that lurk in darkness and wrap themselves around you sucking your health (seriously, I've never seen more desperate zombies), signs of torture chambers, and you name it. The Shadow Temple's given me nightmares, but it's only for that reason that I love it so much! I've never seen any other video game level so awesome that it gave me nightmares.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Thats true. And I've played Fatal Frame, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and even played my way through the flash game of "House." And The Shadow Temple was the only thing that ever gave me a nightmare.

Vlade

Social Outcast
For me it would have to be windwaker, it was just such a fresh zelda game to me. I really enjoyed the storyline and events that happened outside of the dungeon gameplay.

Twilight princess was also good though, I especially liked playing it on HD :p

Windwaker: 9.5/10
Twilight Princess: 8/10

Both great games to me

Slayer's Legend

Smash Rookie
I liked WW the most, but also I love TP. In WW I felt like I was into something new with the big sea to explore.
I also heard somewhere that the graphic engine was the same for both games but I dunno if is really that way.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Twilight Princess by far. It played like Ocarina of Time, and OoT is my favorite game of all time. Well, tied with Twilight Princess, I guess.

WindWaker was fun, but I think the whole sea travel, getting the Triforce pieces, and things like lack of dungeons turned me off on it being a super great Zelda game. It's a great Zelda game, just not super great.

Plus, TP has you riding a dragon for a boss fight, and the dragon looks like Ridley. Epic win. And you're a Wolf. Epic win 2x.

Kantō

Smash Champion
TP was way better and is a far more challenging game than WW.
i seriosly didnt die once through WW, im not bragging, just saying that was kinda dissapointing.

adrian Blk

Smash Journeyman
im gonna have to go with windwaker, much better story and more replay value,WAY better music.

windwaker 9.0/10
twilight princess 7.5/10

Top Bottom